Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    PLEASE remember that the other faction isn't only "the bad guys", it's just another banner gathering players just like you, who happen to have different tastes.
    Thats how people work
    Anyone against us is evil, if they werent they wouldt be against us
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Yet they lost forces at Theramore and on the fleet that was going to strike Orgrimmar as retaliation. So, at best, they are equal to what they were before Theramore.
    Hm, you actually have a very good point. But, there were not many Kirin Tor forces at Theramore, where their entirety (minus Blood Elves of course), and the Rebellion has fractured the Horde immensely. I would say that the unifed Alliance would still be larger than the Horde, who is in open civil War as of 5.3.

I'm tired to see more alliance fanboys threads being created everyday without any real thinking involved. "Why are the orcs so evil ?", "would the horde accept a human as warchief ?", "why are the orcs considered good in spite of the fact that they are the cause of every problem ?", "why don't we have retaken Lordaeron ?" and so on..
    Nobody has made any of these claims in this thread, except Jaylock, and who takes him seriously? Storywise, an occupation makes sense. Storywise, it also makes equally as much sense that the Horde would fight back against it, and gradually push them out.

You rail against supposed Alliance fanboys but then equate all people who say that the possibility could exist canonically are just "RAWR THE HORDE ARE ALL EVIL AND BLAHBLABLAH." The hypocrisy is so blatant that I dont even need to explain it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-04-05 at 12:40 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Hmm anyone see real world similarities? If it happened, in game, and you feel slighted, just give the real world equiv a moment's thought the next time you get the itch to trumpet super-power's 'god given right' to walk all over everyone they please. No, I am not kidding. I feel that's relevant to not only this conversation but the nature of mmochampion's community as of late.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    but after Siege of Org, the Horde will be the worst off
    Occupying a nation has nothing to do with the standing forces of each faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I agree again. But at that point, what do you have? A faction that most likely lost a lot in order to stop their former leader versus a united faction who happens to have the majority of its forces right in the Horde's home base.
    I think you're counting for the entire army of the Alliance, which would be a mistake. Keep in mind the Alliance is spread out across the multitude of zones, while the Rebellion is going to be more focused. The force that Varian sends to assault Orgrimmar should be comparable to that of what the rebellion is sending, which would make a scenario around occupation quite interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I think you're counting for the entire army of the Alliance, which would be a mistake. Keep in mind the Alliance is spread out across the multitude of zones, while the Rebellion is going to be more focused. The force that Varian sends to assault Orgrimmar should be comparable to that of what the rebellion is sending, which would make a scenario around occupation quite interesting.
    But why, realistically, would Varian not call back all troops to attack Orgrimmar that are not essential for holding their lines in their zones? That argument also holds true for the Horde, or the Alliance could basically just take all of Kalimdor sans Barrens, Mulgore, and Durotar during the operation.

Deleted
    Thats how stupid people or prepubescent kids work
    Fixed that for you, my kind sir

I'll consider more threads like these as troll threads and report them from now on.

Deleted
    But why, realistically, would Varian not call back all troops to attack Orgrimmar that are not essential for holding their lines in their zones?

i thought he really hated the horde, so it would make sense

Deleted

Nobody has made any of these claims in this thread. Storywise, an occupation makes sense. Storywise, it also makes equally as much sense that the Horde would fight back against it, and gradually push them out.

You rail against supposed Alliance fanboys but then equate all people who say that the possibility could exist canonically are just "RAWR THE HORDE ARE ALL EVIL AND BLAHBLABLAH." The hypocrisy is so blatant that I dont even need to explain it.
    Leave me a minute and i'll link all the threads I quoted here. You'll be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i thought he really hated the horde, so it would make sense
    Nope, after he cooled his jets in Wolfheart, Varian has swapped to the "Garrosh must go, but all of the Horde isn't bad." While Jaina is now floating in between "All Horde = bad" and "Garrosh = bad" because she's still most likely suffering from PTSD.

Leave me a minute and i'll link all the threads I quoted here. You'll be amazed.
    I said in this thread. Go complain in those threads. You're attributing nothing to this discussion.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you, my kind sir

I'll consider more threads like these as troll threads and report them from now on.
    how so?

When people fight, both sides, all sides, believe they have right, justice, God on their side.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Nope, after he cooled his jets in Wolfheart, Varian has swapped to the "Garrosh must go, but all of the Horde isn't bad." While Jaina is now floating in between "All Horde = bad" and "Garrosh = bad" because she's still most likely suffering from PTSD.

ah ok, ive not read the books :P

The really weird thing in these threads to me is that there are people who are mindless ideological zealots of organisations that don't even exist. Human factionalism and tribalism is monstrous and defies reason.

Hell, I played both sides of Warcraft 1 and 2, all four in Warcraft 3, and I have toons on both sides in WoW. Why would I want to buy a game and not play half of it? I always considered myself more an Alliance player, now in WoW circumstances put my main on the Horde side... I see both stories, both of which I have years of time invested in and connection to... I get factional preferences but I can't understand why some people are so myopic. It's a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why, realistically, would Varian not call back all troops to attack Orgrimmar that are not essential for holding their lines in their zones?
    That's where Blizzard could pass off a believable story for why the Alliance can't just sweep Durotar. They have troops committed in Lordaeron, Northrend, Outland, etc. If Blizzard needed to justify it, they could just say that their armies are overstretched, and that fighting both Garrosh and then the Rebellion would be unwise. Just keep in mind that the lore has a bit of wiggle room that can be exploited when situations arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Occupying a nation has nothing to do with the standing forces of each faction.
    that other post was toward casualties from the rebellion

But if one faction is occupying another, its usually the losers or weaker faction that is being occupied

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ah ok, ive not read the books :P
    No worries. They started the whole (in my opinion) dumbass story arc of "ZOMG VARIAN HAS DUAL PERSONALITIES!" in the comic, and they finally resolved it in Wolfheart. Now he's normal.

That's where Blizzard could pass off a believable story for why the Alliance can't just sweep Durotar. They have troops committed in Lordaeron, Northrend, Outland, etc. If Blizzard needed to justify it, they could just say that their armies are overstretched, and that fighting both Garrosh and then the Rebellion would be unwise. Just keep in mind that the lore has a bit of wiggle room that can be exploited when situations arise.
    I agree, but my only point is that the Horde have to do the same thing. And with their faction literally sundered by a civil War, while the Alliance is universally together, would they not be in a position to have the upper hand? The point about Theramore was good, but remember, the Horde lost forces throwing themselves against Theramore too. Its why the Blood Elf and Forsaken commander are murdered by Malkorok, because they were speaking about how stupid the battle was due to the forces they lost.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-04-05 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    We have not seen much of the Forsaken yet this expansion, can prob count on them spreading the plague all over Durotar before seeing it fall into the Alliance hands

Deleted
    But if one faction is occupying another, its usually the losers or weaker faction that is being occupied
    Sure, but the occupation usually bites of those that are occupying it. It worked on Germany because they broke the country into four and the Cold War started, creating a bigger boogieman on the other side (being US or USSR). It worked on Japan because they are honorable people. It didn't worked on any other country in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzor View Post
    We have not seen much of the Forsaken yet this expansion, can prob count on them spreading the plague all over Durotar before seeing it fall into the Alliance hands
    Very true.

You know, going off a slight wishing tangent, I feel like there's a spot in the story for like the Draenei to come in and be like the anti-plague group since they're so "Yay the Light is awesome!"

Deleted
    how big is the forsaken army? im sure it must be one of the largest on azeroth, with their ability to raise the dead and all, maybe thats a deterent for the aliiance