Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephaa View Post
    All the above posts are great tips. But my biggest tip is turn particle density down to low for this fight. I normally play on high settings and had real trouble seeing the safe zones as the purple effect swirls around a lot and sometimes id be safe but on my screen have purple stuff all over me. When you turn down particle density it becomes a LOT easier to see the actual safe zones as it removes a lot of the swirly effect and just leaves you with the damage part.

Made this phase 100 times easier

Sepha
    I found just turning off projected textures did a lot more then this, I left my particles alone and turned off projected and it worked fine for me.
    However I agree with everyone that graphics being lower is truely beneficial for this fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Sorry but it's really not hard, and given the fact that compared to normal/heroic you take near enough no damage from the maze it's incredibly easy. You don't have to turn down your graphics, or turn up your gamma at all. You see the maze forming, you check where it's going to be, if you are not sure you use a defensive cooldown. You move on the safe spot, which is really clearly to see, and from there on you wait till the a path opens and then it's just running a circle. How hard can it be?

100's of thousands of dead LFR people mean you are empirically wrong about it being easy to see.

Accepting reality - how hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    This is backwards. It goes in the direction the purple snakes spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is backwards. It goes in the direction the purple snakes spawn.
    The picture is correct. It's showing how you find the path when they spawn. Think about it and it'll come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamke View Post
    The picture is correct. It's showing how you find the path when they spawn. Think about it and it'll come to you.
    Actually with that drawing you would at some point have to run through the beam. Though the picture does accuretly display what happens just its not on the right side. If you look at it the laser is going counterclockwise yet it suggests you run clockwise. Just a minor triffle, still does its job showing you how the maze will start
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

This phase is pretty much certain death for my character - I've got a purple vision dis-function. As soon as there is purple filling up the screen, I may as well turn my monitor off. I can ensure I take no damage at all until the purple fills the platform (i.e. until the maze actually forms in the fog) - but from that point I'm screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    This phase is pretty much certain death for my character - I've got a purple vision dis-function. As soon as there is purple filling up the screen, I may as well turn my monitor off. I can ensure I take no damage at all until the purple fills the platform (i.e. until the maze actually forms in the fog) - but from that point I'm screwed.
    Putting a sign of another color (yellow on orange maybe) and follow him couldnt work ?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    LOL the ranged part of the maze is at least 3 players wide and a straight lane. If you can't walk in a straight line for 30 seconds than you must constantly die to falling of cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    LOL the ranged part of the maze is at least 3 players wide and a straight lane. If you can't walk in a straight line for 30 seconds than you must constantly die to falling of cliffs.
    He said he cant see the difference between the floor and the maze due to his eyesight. His eyesight may be bad but its better than your comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He said he cant see the difference between the floor and the maze due to his eyesight. His eyesight may be bad but its better than your comprehension.
    Following all the other players inside the huge lane is hard?

Deleted
    Yeah its totally luck, really clunky and stupid mechanic IMO.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-04-07 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    This + particle effect down = win (or simply faceroll it with a Warlock)
    Could you explain the Warlock part a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by apokotou1709 View Post
    Could you explain the Warlock part a bit more
    Warlocks got some shield that absorbs based on dmg done, lock in our guild got his shield to 2m absorb on a fight.

Yeah Soul Leech + Sac Pact + Unending Resolve = If you die to this you might be slower than the average bear

Deleted
    Oh i thought it was some Clever usage of Demonic Gateway to faceroll the Mechanic :P but ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Just use a defensive/immunity cooldown as the maze spawns and you're golden.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

It's always seemed to me that the maze spawns under the raid. If you have everyone stack up tight, it'll be right under you and you'll be fine. You just have to get there fast. You can even make two paths open up, a melee and a ranged. When I say stack, I mean stack on the far edge of the safe zone when the maze starts, as far away from the beam as possible.

But if half the raid is stacked in front, half is in the back, and you're in the middle, you're going to have some trouble. Of course, this doesn't really work in LFR.

The only alteration I'd make is have the melee beam not go so far forward to where it's practically under the boss. That's the only place I've had trouble with it, it's very difficult to see under the boss with 24 other people around and their spell effects going off.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    It's always seemed to me that the maze spawns under the raid.
    Incorrect, the maze spawns in a very static position every single time, the only thing dynamic is where specifically the maze opens ahead of the beam.

It's extraordinarily simple. Run into the purple snake area and stand at the edge of the fog. Look toward where the maze is going to fill in from. Before the section you're standing in gets filled, there is a several second delay. Simply find the empty squarish spots/wedges and run towards the beam into them. You're now in a safe spot and you can turn around and do the maze. In other words, you don't need to predict the safe spot. There is already a safe zone available to you just before the last section fills in and the maze begins.

Of course, you can also predict the safe spot at the edge, because it necessarily has to connect to the safe spots that are formed just before it. The game never makes you run through purple eyesores-all the safespots for each slice are connected. If you're at the edge and there is purple shit right next to you just before your spot gets filled in, you're standing in the wrong spot. If there's an empty wedge next to you, then the new safe spot will be on or close to where you're standing.

I'm not sure why people bring up LFR deaths as some sort of evidence that it's too complicated. I agree that it shouldn't have been put into LFR, but that's because LFR is not supposed to be about executing mechanics. It's supposed to be about getting free loot for showing up, which shouldn't be some big surprise. The mechanic itself is fine for a real raid, though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Except his point is that you never have to worry about differentiating between this purple thing and that purple thing when all that's in front of you is a gray floor.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-04-07 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Yeah its totally luck, really clunky and stupid mechanic IMO.
    The only way luck is involved is if you have no clue how it works and stupidly just pick a place to stand as the maze starts hoping the safe path will move under you...

You can always 100% of the time without fail move into a safe spot before any fire appears under you. After that you just have to walk around the room.

I can see the point some people are making that it could have been made easier to see at certain graphics settings. Other than that, it is easy to moderate difficulty mechanic which requires no luck to execute perfectly and I would say it is a refreshingly new approach to the 'safety dance' type mechanics.