The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

lookign to get back into the game...need advice

So, I pre-ordered TOR and was playign 3 days before launch. Loved the levellign experience...questing and story lines were absolutely amazing. I played an arsenal merc iirc, which is weird, because I usually hate casters, but I LOVED my merc. What made me leave was the unholy grind that levellign alts was (I am an atloholic), and the fact that many of the other classes (I'm looking at you lightsaber wielders) were so freakign complex to play that it started to be not fun to play. That and pvp was very imbalanced (nothing like getting wrecked in a GCD by a agent or stealth lightsaber guy, cant remember the class name). Have things changed? I desperately want to get back into this game. There were som many great things about it that I swore I would never go back to WoW, but it really seemed like EA really screwed the pooch.

Some specific questions that I would really appreciate feedback on:
    1) Servers. Are they still imbalanced as all hell? Are there any high pop pvp servers that are relatively vbalanced?
    2) Is pvp more balanced, or are 1 or 2 classes still destroying everything? (This is super important for me and is why I am fuckign done with WoW...I love pvp and it is so broken now I'm done)
    2) What seems to be the general consensus with dps breakdowns for all the classes? I'm likely gonna play what I want to play, but it would be nice to see where the classes are in relation to one another
    3) are there any classes that really aren't wanted in operations?
    4) Where do I go to find a guild? Is there a recruitement page?
    5) Did LFG ever get implemented, or do you have to sit in trade to find groups?
    6) Are the tanks finally balanced, or are powertechs still squishy as all hell?
    7) Is there a dual spec option now?

Any other opinions/information would be greatly appreciated.

server's are all looking good at the moment. there are still some imbalances between emp and pub population but this should not matter in pvp and pve (where wait times on queues are much better than they were before a.k.a no more 30 min wait times on warzones . If you are a tank or healer your FP pops almost instantly if not maybe 2-5 minute waits.

ill desist on pvp but how ive always played pvp is with a team. if i get 1 shotted its not because of some major class imbalance but i decided to 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 that sentinel with his vanguard buddy

DPS i would say marauders, snipers, pt dps are up there. followed closely by mercs. sorcs lag behind single target sustained fights but do well in fights where you get to multi-DoT (if you are madness) and aoe fights (if you are lightning spec).

depends on your guild. there should not be a reason to not take you if you are good at your class. if your guild is really strict though i suggest not dpsing as operative or maybe an assassin. if you are good you can pull assassin dps off. same as juggernaut.

the swtor forums has a recruitment page under Forums > English > Server Forums > (Server name) > Guild Recruitment

LFG is implemented. You can now click on the tab, check your role (tank/heal/dps) and Q up.

All 3 tanks work well in operations and can down content. PT and Jugg tanks are quite tough :P

There is a respec option but no dual spec yet. You can use credits or cartel coins (bought with real money) to unlock the ability to be able to respec on the fly. There is a cost for every respec you do (and the cost resets every week iirc). Respec costs are free if you are a subscriber but you still have to unlock the ability to respec.

Hope these made sense!