Deleted

Jin'rokh the Breaker HC as disc priest help 10m

Hello
    My guild currently working on first boss in ToT , I know that disc priest are really strong for this fight but my HPS seems to be little low so I wonder how you guys do it , when do u use Spirit Shell before Lighting storm or during , mine seems to disappear as soon as Storm hits if I pre- cast, what better Cascade or Halo?

Help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc798d7e3946; 2013-04-05 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myxa View Post
    Hello
    My guild currently working on first boss in ToT , I know that disc priest are really strong for this fight but my HPS seems to be little low so I wonder how you guys do it , when do u use Spirit Shell before Lighting storm or during , mine seems to disappear as soon as Storm hits if I pre- cast, what better Cascade or Halo?

Help will be appreciated.
    Are you standing in the pool to get the fluidity buff?

If so, atonement alone should top the metres (if that is your main concern..)

I don't even bother with spirit shell, and I use divine star.

My raid begins the phase stacked in a clear spot, I cast PW:S, Solace and Smite whilst dodging and use Divine Star on CD, it usually catches 4/5 people and boosts my DPS. T-15 2 set is useful as POM is very good during Storm. Also, take the Weakened Soul glyph so you can keep shielding people during storm and during Ionization/Soaking the orbs...

I shield people before ionization so they can be dispelled easily, then stand in pool and load up spirit shell for the "run for your life" phase with penance on boss, occasional shields, PoM. Not much else to do... just need to make sure people are not idiots and running into bad stuff killing themselves.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I shield people before ionization so they can be dispelled easily, then stand in pool and load up spirit shell for the "run for your life" phase with penance on boss, occasional shields, PoM. Not much else to do... just need to make sure people are not idiots and running into bad stuff killing themselves.
    This is exactly what you need to do. If people are dying in the lightning storm phase it's because they don't know how to move.

As said: Atonement, Atonement, Atonement.

There's really no bad time to Spirit Shell on this encounter, but keep in mind that you can contribute a lot of DPS with the Fluidity buff so you would be giving that up to SS+PoH for any Ionizations/Static Bursts. I find PW:S to be the more effective tool there to help with the damage taken after dispelling (Body and Soul is also great for this fight, obviously). PW:B prior to Ionization can also soak a lot of damage since you'll always be stacked in the pool at that point. I typically pop Power Infusion + Archangel + SS prior to the lightning storm to help mitigate players dodging badly (there is constant AoE damage during that part anyway).

I recommend Cascade as your top tier talent if your group struggles with the lightning storm dance. Otherwise, Divine Star will be nice in pools to both heal and deal damage.

Shield before ionization and the lightning orbs. Spirit shell before lightning storm. PoM/Cascade/Shields during lightning storm. Atonement at all other times.