Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    User scores on metacritic kinda sucks though.
    User scores are telling though, if a game did anything to scorn the internet you will see 100s of 1/10 scores pile up in the user reviews dragging down the rating. When you don't see that, you know even all the butt hurt kiddies are content with it, well except one in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If it's positive the game generally has done something right, seeing how easily the gaming community lashes out over minor outrages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    User scores are telling though, if a game did anything to scorn the internet you will see 100s of 1/10 scores pile up in the user reviews dragging down the rating. When you don't see that, you know even all the butt hurt kiddies are content with it, well except one in this thread...
    I guess, but I'd question how useful an internet-controversy-detector rating really is.

I guess, but I'd question how useful an internet-controversy-detector rating really is.
    You guess?

So what is your better way of judging universal praise for a game if not metacritic?

When there is a better way of doing this let me know...

User scores on metacritic kinda sucks though.
    Why? If the argument that people make multiaccounts to vote is there, that applies to every game. So it evens out. Unless a game has more haters than fans. Case in which the rating is accurate anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone feel there's a certain part in the story where going into Heart of Stone would be best? About to do a NG+ playthrough now that I have some time and the DLC is out.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

do you think Witcher 3 is a better game than Dragonage Inquisition? and why? in what ways?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    do you think Witcher 3 is a better game than Dragonage Inquisition? and why? in what ways?
    It is better then DAI in every single way with the single exception of character/playstyle customization(for obvious reasons)

10+ Year Old Account
    The witcher 3 quests and tasks make more sense, seeing your role. in DAI you are a commander and you are send of to do mundane tasks.
    So this game really pulls it off in making you believe you are indeed a mutant hunting monsters, while how DAI makes you feel as a commander of a legion is questionable.

I find that the witcher 3 is more mature and grimmer, what is to my liking but others might rather have a bit more 'feel good'. The witcher 3 choices often seem to come back and bite you in the ass, making you question your choices more even doubting that there's no such thing as a good choice.

I prefer also the level of detail and character added to the monsters you fight, they all seem to have some sort of background they aren't just 'monsters' more specifically talking to those tied into quests.

For me it's clear but i'm biased i find the DA games took a turn for the worse after the first game, also many more dlc's less content for more cash (some will argue this)

Plenty of sites around that have more in detail side by side comparison on his RPG parts.

http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-vs-d...iso-1720924405

10+ Year Old Account
    They are quite different. I like both. I like DAI more for companion interaction, keep building and crafting system, while Witcher 3 appeals to me more in terms of combat, lore and "grey morale". Overall, I like Witcher 3 more. I'm pretty sure, if you liked DAI, you will like Witcher 3 too. Although you might want to play through the previous two games first.

Bear in mind though that the character in Witcher series is not customizable, that is you always play the same sarcastic Geralt. If you like the character, if you can associate with him, then you will probably enjoy the games a lot. But if you hate him, there is nothing you can do about it: you will have to stick with him. I like Geralt, luckily, so for me this aspect isn't important, but it might be to some.
    Last edited by May90; 2015-10-19 at 01:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Interesting, there are some points i really care about, and others where it makes little difference to me. And other's still where I don't share their view .. i was looking at lore comparisons, and the guy in the comparison table was stating DAI had generic lore.. you see i don't care that much for that opinion.. as soon as i hear generic used by most people.. i know they're talking about what mainstream has pumped out at them.. fortunately for me, mainstream is not main for me, it's minor, and eventually when you delve into a lot of non-generic stuff, they end up having a very similar and regular predictable feel to them too, and you find out after awhile that they're generic too in their own stream.. so you end up liking stuff for what it is.

i'm never put off by what people call generic.. just because they've seen only versions of the same theme I suppose something that's alternative seems a lot more refreshing to them, sadly for me it never does, cos i've already had those firsts and variations.

I guess The Witcher games are going to go MMO next.. will you subscribe to a Witcher MMO?

I guess The Witcher games are going to go MMO next.. will you subscribe to a Witcher MMO?
    lol no, they're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally ignore the subjective things in reviews and just look at the objective facts when assessing whether I should buy a game. In this regard, Youtube "Let's Play's" are amazing: I usually look somewhere in the middle of the playthrough, to hopefully avoid major spoilers, and decide whether I like what I see. When someone says something is "generic", "boring", "dull" and so one, I ignore all these labels whatsoever, since they express nothing more than the opinion of the reviewer, that does not necessarily has the same taste as me. That is also why I dislike comparisons "Game X vs Game Y": such comparisons are just bound to be controversial, as different people like different things in games.

As for "Witcher MMO"... God, I hope that doesn't happen. Tired of my favorite single player games being turned into grindy themepark multiplayer games. Warcraft, KotoR, Neverwinter Nights, Age of Empires - all turned into MMOs and all stopped interesting me right after.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol no, they're not.
    World of Geraltcraft.

Everyone is Geralt
    Everyone is a witcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    World of Geraltcraft.

Everyone is Geralt
    Everyone is a witcher.
    Or a witch.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Or a witch.
    And her name is Geraldine. Witcherine Geraldine of Rivendell.

Deleted
    I got given this game by a friend on the PS4.

Too much filler, not enough killer. And it lags horribly. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once the next expansion comes out the witcher franchise in terms of RPG's is going in the freezer since CDPR is done with it and is moving onto another strong IP. Cyberpunk. http://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-is...yberpunk-2077/

"You can craft swords for 12 years, but you might get burnt out," he said. "People might want to leave and go work on something else. We're excited to switch to guns. We intended to keep [the team] energized with Cyberpunk. The core team is working The Witcher 3's expansions, but more and more people are moving over onto Cyberpunk."

2016 is the last content coming towards this game for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I got given this game by a friend on the PS4.

Too much filler, not enough killer. And it lags horribly. That is all.
    Filler in what sense? Since side-quest wise they are considered to be among the best if not the best.

No lag issues on the PC platform on my end, guessing it presses the limits of what a console can do.What we all know is rather low compared to a decent PC.

I wouldn't consider the side quests to be 'filler'. Most are completely optional, fit the theme of the game and a lot of them have different outcomes based on how they're approached.

Don't compare this masterpiece to that abortion.

Witcher 3 is superior in just about every way: story, characters, side quests ( massively better ), exploration, size, protagonist.

DAI went full SJW. I mean they have a transgender character in a medieval fantasy game for fuck's sake. The DA franchise has been going downhill since Origins and this one was pretty much the nail in the coffin.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2015-10-19 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. And I liked DA:I, I finished it 3 times.