10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Game dev releases several generations and years old spec requirements for a modern title -> People QQ when their ancient machines can't keep up.
    Honestly I do not see why this comes as a surprise to people to be frank. The minimum CPU is a chip that was rolled out for launch in early 2011 and the GPU at a level the flagship was at in 2010. The game in itself is going to launch in Q2 2015. System requirements actually pushing upwards was bound to happen eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Honestly I do not see why this comes as a surprise to people to be frank. The minimum CPU is a chip that was rolled out for launch in early 2011 and the GPU at a level the flagship was at in 2010. The game in itself is going to launch in Q2 2015. System requirements actually pushing upwards was bound to happen eventually.
    Yup, and the game looks fucking gorgeous to boot. People seem to think amazing visuals are conjured magically with computer wizardry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yup, and the game looks fucking gorgeous to boot. People seem to think amazing visuals are conjured magically with computer wizardry.
    so you mean computers are not magic boxes that are powered from other points in space-time?

The Phenom II X4 940 is actually from January 2009, so 6 years old already.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually even worse than that. My PC was midrange in early 2010 and it exceeds the released minimum requirements. Also people seem to be under the impression that minimum system requirements are actually, you know, the minimum system requirements. You can quite often squeak by with hardware slightly under the listed requirements. That said, these are reasonable and you really shouldn't have to.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2015-01-13 at 04:39 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's actually even worse than that. My PC was midrange in early 2010 and it exceeds the released minimum requirements. Also people seem to be under the impression that minimum system requirements are actually, you know, the minimum system requirements. You can quite often squeak by with hardware slightly under the listed requirements. That said, these are reasonable and you really shouldn't have to.
    Midrange pc in early 2010 with 2gb gpu and at least a quad core with 3,3 GHZ youre serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Saw this on ign
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Hurts to find this thread on 4-5th page of vidya games discussion.

Id rather play W3 on consoles, dunno if it will run on my oldie

They're going to stream a gameplay preview at 7 pm GMT, link here: http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom

And it's live!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    I am looking forward to this game, the only thing that prevents me from joining the hype train is that I don't enjoy rpg's.

I will definitely preorder it closer to release though.

Deleted
    holy shit, that's so awesome *_*

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm GOG.com got a rather good deal if you buy from them, is it just a regular key or also usable as a steam key?

Also direct link to those who missed it: http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/b/616385328 starts bit after 10 minutes in.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2015-01-26 at 08:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    gog.com sells it DRM free.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    gog.com sells it DRM free.
    With having over 250 games on steam i'm hardly concerned about their minor drm

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I shouldn't watch this so I can be amazed in game.

I'm gonna watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I shouldn't watch this so I can be amazed in game.

I'm gonna watch it.
    I'm holding off too want to see it on my pc
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Loving the dialogue.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Game looks amazing, sign me up
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Did anyone else see that monster in the woods at 0:57-1:00 O.o?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne