Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Majority of M Night Shyamalan's movies
    LMAO...totally this.

Repo Men (made in the past couple of years). I was enjoying the FUCK out of that movie, until you find out the latter 3/4 of the damned movie were all in his head. I wasn't the only one - when the credits started rolling, people were boo'ing and throwing shit at the screen lol.

All I can think of immediately off the top of my head, though I know there have been many, many more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insidious. It had to have been a conscious decision to go downhill that rapidly.

Deleted
    There are quite a few but the latest one I can think of is Looper
    It started out better than I expected but the last 20ish minutes where going from meh to worse until the end ofc wich ruined the whole movie for me.

I seriously expected he'd shoot the kid in the face

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Majority of M Night Shyamalan's movies
    Don't even get my started on the A:TLA movie.
    Hey everyone

No Hancock yet?

Though personally, I thought Hancock was pretty good, it did kinda lose the plot entirely in the second half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shrek 1 + 2.. I personally think the first one and the second had very underwhelming endings. Maybe its just me but they just seemed weak.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Honestly, that ending made that movie good imo.
    I agree. A.I. ending seemed to be fully integrated/consistent with the film. Is there a book that it clashes with or something that turns some people off?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Case 39 comes to mind
    Never seen it. Damnit, now I'm intruiged!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-07 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I agree. A.I. ending seemed to be fully integrated/consistent with the film. Is there a book that it clashes with or something that turns some people off?
    Well i havent seen it but it just looks like a retelling of pinocchio in a modern setting from reading the plot synopsis on imdb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    LMAO...totally this.

Repo Men (made in the past couple of years). I was enjoying the FUCK out of that movie, until you find out the latter 3/4 of the damned movie were all in his head. I wasn't the only one - when the credits started rolling, people were boo'ing and throwing shit at the screen lol.

All I can think of immediately off the top of my head, though I know there have been many, many more.
    Yea quite the twist ending haha, I did love the fight scene there at the end.

Superman Returns. Was so fucking pumped for that movie, then it just all went downhill, like, 30 minutes in. Which is ironic, because I'm so pumped for Man of Steel and believe it could be one of the greatest superhero trilogies ever made. ><

Midnight meat train (2000 something) seriously great story but fucked up ending.. id have expected better and not some nonsense bullshit that messes with the story.

I am sure I could think of many movies with disappointing endings but a few that I can think of that just plain ruined possibly a great movie are probably these:

Wolf
    Sunshine
    Copland

Avatar: The Last Airbender. They start out with Sokka and Katara on a canoe, and then everything just rockets downward from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Only because I just watched it yesterday: Cowboys & Aliens. Movie starts off well up to the town attack and the aliens take some of the townsfolk. Then it just goes downhill from there.

Priest was another one that starts off good for the first 15 minutes and goes downhill from there.

Hancock. 10 Char etc.

Starts great, then just crumbles into nothing. I thought I was watching a pretty good movie, but in actuality it turned out to be pretty shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    To stick with the Bond theme: Golden Eye.

Exploding bases, freefalling to catch a plane, orbital weapons, Famke Janssen, Alan Cumming, tank chase around Moscow.... and it wraps up with Sean Bean and Pierce Brosnan kicking each other while they dangle over what looks like bad green screen. The actors were fine, but who though that was a suitably epic finish?

A lot of Bond movies seem to suffer from this... the Living Daylights ended with knocking over a small bust on the bad guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    If I remember rightly, the first part of AI was based on a shortish story called "Supertoys Last All Summer Long" or something like that, and literally was just a simple story between a robot child and his mother. Bear with me as it was years since I read it and I was pretty young when I did, but it was fairly drama-free and whimsical to read. So all the stuff with Gigolo Joe onwards was new, and I honestly remember going to see AI and being surprised by a good 2/3 of the film. It was...odd, certainly.

Latest film I saw to give me the "wtf" idea was well - I agree with Cabin in the Woods. I know Whedon tends to like to push the "lolol I can do satire" thing (and honestly I can't stand the guy for it) but it just got silly. Part of me wishes that it had just been a standard horror film though, as there's not as many good horror films as there used to be.

Prometheus started alright but felt really rushed and ended with a cliff hanger of fuck you Ridley, just fuck you.

Because it's a story based in the Alien/predator universe and sure the ending shows her going off to find the planet of the engineers. Taking that into account and the fact it's Aliens universe we know from the Aliens movies taking places Years upon years after Prometheus that they are all dead,dying extinct for the most part.

Then we go back to Prometheus and at the end we see an alien "not the birth of an alien since Prometheus takes place in the future and Alien/Predator1,2/AvP/AvpR are still all based in the same universe we know Aliens have been around for longer thanks to AvP. But then brings into the thing ok wait Aliens are a weapon to wipe out enemy species by adapting to them and becoming the mega predator. Which from that we can only think that Humans were a failed experiment at becoming a weapon when mixed with the Alien facehugger or like some believe were just a side project and were to be wiped out for worshiping false gods and not the engineers.

Then we take the knowledge of Predators into this and and how they hunt and kill anything that can deemed a challenge which would be the engineers. Plus how in the aliens movie they also aren't ever mentioned which probably means they are wiped out ill explain more on that late. So the engineers knowing the predators were a threat created the Humans as a species to use agaisnt them also but between the time of humans becoming useful and the events of Prometheus the engineers lost.

Now the whole way i see this Predators/Engineers have been at war with each other forever.
    Predators are a creation of the engineers.
    Predators natural lust for combat and over coming anything more powerful than it leads too.
    Predators turning and killing off engineers and they can't stop it.
    So the engineers created the Xenomorphs
    They weren't controllable though and spread to fast and become abundant and were then fighting two wars against failed creations.
    SO the Engineers created a new weapon Humans
    They regretted it when humans turned against their beliefs and started believing in religions thus making them not as for the cause as they wanted. Fearing we would also turn on them like their others. So they wanted to wipe us out.
    But as Prometheus shows they failed.

Then with that failure Predators killed off the engineers and Xenomorphs killed off the predators. Leaving just humans and Xenomorhps which is why Humans are so free to explore space in Aliens/prometheus. Now with Xenomorphs being known thanks to AvP/Predator1/2/AvPr the humans want them as a weapon. So Alien we get a mining ship sent to a planet suspected of having the Alien life they are correct hell happens. Aliens they revisit it start breeding them hell happens everything dies. Alien 3 only one alien left and its a queen so the humans could easily use the Alien as a weapon and control it with ease she dies leaving Xenomorhps to be thought extinct. Then Alien res to try and restart the alien thing.

So point is prometheus makes you think alot and leaves tons of questions to answers we may not get.
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2013-04-08 at 06:59 PM.

Aliens Resurrection

Starts with promise... uber-Ripley (albeit weak resurrection back-story for her), future-tech, soldiers, merc's, great casting in the likes of Brad Dourif, Micheal Winscott & Ron Pearlman, add in a mix of the Aliens.

First 15 minutes, all the soldiers are dead, Winscott's character dead, etc. Then its a standard plot #X, race to the finish from there. I won't even mention the god-awful Alien-child at the end, or the fact you see all the Aliens way too much (they are best left in the shadows).

And yes I know the story was written by Josh Whedon, but one of his weakest IMO (characters and scripting way to 'movie-studio' formulaic).

Quote Originally Posted by menulo View Post
    the last batman movie... started out so great. and bane was fucking awesome. but the last 30 min just make absolutely no sence..
    the first 2 movies are so great, and this one started out great to.... and then they shat all over the end. damnit.
    Agreed! Bane was so badass one of the greatest movie villains of all time imo. BUT the way he died was lame! wich destroyed the ending of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jd5 View Post
    Aliens Resurrection

Starts with promise... uber-Ripley (albeit weak resurrection back-story for her), future-tech, soldiers, merc's, great casting in the likes of Brad Dourif, Micheal Winscott & Ron Pearlman, add in a mix of the Aliens.

First 15 minutes, all the soldiers are dead, Winscott's character dead, etc. Then its a standard plot #X, race to the finish from there. I won't even mention the god-awful Alien-child at the end, or the fact you see all the Aliens way too much (they are best left in the shadows).

And yes I know the story was written by Josh Whedon, but one of his weakest IMO (characters and scripting way to 'movie-studio' formulaic).
    The script was pretty good as written - it was floating around Usenet way back when. But the ending was not one of those originally written. Plus, Jean-Pierre Jeunet was the wrong director for this.