Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, you're right. Much of it is due to limitations of the time. Still couldn't enjoy it then or now though

For me it would be pretty much any MOBA though I did partially enjoy DOTA when it was big in WC3 and then most FPS's, I'll generally play most of them for the single player campaign and then never tough it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Welos View Post
    No, you're right. Much of it is due to limitations of the time. Still couldn't enjoy it then or now though
    I think that's why I can't get myself to enjoy KOTOR. The story seems interesting and I generally love BioWare games, but I can't get myself to play it for more than 10 minutes before I get bored. I think it's because it's an older game.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-04-07 at 04:33 AM. Reason: fixin da derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware did not make Bioshock. It was developed by Irrational Games and published by 2k Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Bioware did not make Bioshock. It was developed by Irrational Games and published by 2k Games.
    Yeahhh realized that soon after I posted. Was gonna edit it but got sidetracked. Not sure why my brain decided to linnk Bioshock and BioWare. I'll just say it's that they both have "bio" in them. lol Fixed it, thanks for reminding me. :P
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-04-07 at 04:41 AM.

KOTOR and baldur's gate.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Left 4 dead series, I love killing floor but hate l4d. I just raise my eyebrows at a skinny guy swatting a dozen zombies 10feet back in one swing without any effort.
    Final fantasy, never liked a single one of them.
    Any gta game
    Minecraft

Bioshock.

Good game. Got bored. Didn't finish it. Kinda felt like I was eating a salad, its was ok but it wasn't a taco.

diablo 3 (first run through was fantastic, steadily declined after that)
    swtor (only survived until like level 20 or something then died of bordom)

/thread ?

Deleted
    Dead Space
    Mass Effect
    Assassins Creed

I cant play any of these for more than 10 minutes without thinking how utterly poop they are.

Most common mistake everyone makes is thinking Bioware and Bioshock have anything to do with each other. I used to aswell and was shocked when I realised they dont
    Last edited by mmocf01d28449c; 2013-04-07 at 08:06 AM.

This game wasn't exactly popular/raved about, but in my circle of friends it was... Final Fantasy XIV.

I know, I know.

I played FFXI for years and years, had always been a huge FF fanboy. I preordered the Collector's Edition the first day I heard it was available. Months before the game went live, I had already coordinated with a large group of RL friends and old guildmates from FFXI. We had all arranged to roll characters on the same server and start a guild. I was going to be the leader. I spent lots of time beta testing the game, and even though the beta was absolutely horrible and massive foreshadowing to how big of a flop the game was going to be, I was constantly stoked for the release of this game.

People who preordered the CE got to start the game a few days before the game officially went live. The game was so horrible that I cancelled my subscription before the game even started for most players. I was so disappointed with the game, it honestly felt like a personal slap in the face that they'd release something so horrible. And this is coming from someone that's defended FF games to the end. The game being a flop was a huge heartbreaker to me. Nonetheless, a few of my friends still play the game and think it's great.

I hear it's a lot better now, but it kinda has Diablo 3 syndrome for me now - I don't care how good it gets, it sucked at the start and I'm jaded.

Deleted
    Halo really disappointed me. I have no idea why, but I never managed to play more than an hour of it.

Deleted
    FF7, Mass Effect 1/2

Torchlight
    Mass Effect
    Dragon Age
    Witcher
    Borderlands
    Walking Dead: interactive movie (the fact that this one is winning awards over actual adventure GAMES makes me sick "OMFG IT MADE ME GO ALL QQ, 11/10 FER SURE!!!!").

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Red alert 3...............EA kinda killed it for me.
    Wouldn't be the first game EA killed.
    Or studio,.
    Or series,.

You get the idea.
    Currently they're pretty much on the top of my "do not buy anything from" list.
    And it's a rather short list I must say.

Recettear didn't really catch me as much as others made it seem grand either,. it was amusing for a short bit, but it lacked substance.

Deleted
    Skyrim.

I booked a week off work to play it to death (nerd mode activated) and well after 2 days of my 1 week off i got bored. It was very "samey". I know it's based in a snow region but it got boring with all the snow and whenever you went into a dungeon/Crypt it would be the exact same monsters every time. No diversity killed it for me.

Speaking now of course there's hundreds of mods for me to chose from, i was a bit disappointed on how long they delayed the CC for the game.

I'll have to give it another go, but i think i'll play it heavily modded. So it doesn't all look copy pasta in my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    First ones that pop into my mind:
    Mass Effect
    Borderlands
    Dragon Age
    The Elder Scrolls

I don't get how any Valve games get the reactions that they do, honestly. They're all medicore at best.

Deleted
    Guild wars 2
    Bioshock
    Dishonored
    Deus Ex Human Revolution

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I don't get how any Valve games get the reactions that they do, honestly. They're all medicore at best.
    Well they are now sure.

You have to be there at time of launch to get the full effect.

Half Life 2 was amazing when it came out, it was the first game ever that most people played to be able to even pick objects up from the ground.

Imagine playing a revolutionary game with a new mechanic never seen before in gaming..........that is what experiencing new Valve games are like