Thread: DPS BiS lists

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DPS BiS lists

Basically I'm being asked a lot in-game, and i see people asking on the forums here aswell as to what would be the BiS list for (dps) warriors, some will only clear normals, while others will clear heroic and simply want to hear what my thoughts are.

So instead of repeating myself, I want to make an "official" thread here on mmo-c and be able to just refer them to this thread. I'm also aware of the awesome thread on the official AMERICAN forums, but a lot of players aren't American and will therefor have a hard time asking questions. SO! I decided to write up the BiS-list (as I see it - feel free to discuss/prove me wrong or whatever) here, and let people discuss if so want to.

Just to make it clear: IT'S NOT WORTH SKIPPING THE 4 SET BONUS

So the BiS-lists will be looking something like this:

Fury, no Ra-den kill

Helm: Crown of the Golden Golem
    Neck: Amulet of the Primal Turtle (just for the higher amount of crit)
    Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Last Mogu
    Cloak: Hydra-Scale Bloodcloak
    Chest: Battleplate of the Last Mogu
    Bracers: This is a tough one as we'd have to wait we got good secondary stats on one of the random stat bracers.
    Gloves: Gauntlets of the Last Mogu
    Waist: Cloudbreaker Greatbelt
    Legs: Legplates of the Last Mogu
    Feet: Tidal Force Treads
    Ring 1: Spinescale Seal
    Ring 2: Band of the Scaled Tyrant
    Trinket 1: Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun
    Trinket 2: Gaze of the Twins
    Weapon 1: Shellsplitter Greataxe / Uroe, Harbinger of Terror
    Weapon 2: Shellsplitter Greataxe / Uroe, Harbinger of Terror

Fury, with Ra-Den kill

Helm: Helmet of the Last Mogu
    Neck: Amulet of the Primal Turtle (just for the higher amount of crit)
    Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Last Mogu
    Cloak: Hydra-Scale Bloodcloak / Yellow Dawn Lightningcloak
    Chest: Carapace of the Core
    Bracers: Same as in the BiS-list above.
    Gloves: Gauntlets of the Last Mogu
    Waist: Flare-Forged Greatbelt
    Legs: Legplates of the Last Mogu
    Feet: Tidal Force Treads
    Ring 1: Spinescale Seal
    Ring 2: Ra-den's Ruinous Ring
    Trinket 1: Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun
    Trinket 2: Gaze of the Twins
    Weapon 1: Shellsplitter Greataxe / Uroe, Harbinger of Terror
    Weapon 2: Shellsplitter Greataxe / Uroe, Harbinger of Terror

What I also want to put together is a BiS-list for Arms, but this post on EJ, made me unwilling to make one with actually discussing it with other people:

Which can be found here: Warrior Discussion - EJ - Page 31

Anyone wanna attempt putting together a BiS list for Arms WITH and WITHOUT the meta?
    Last edited by Juni; 2013-04-06 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Updated lists with Ra-den over rep ring, Jin'rokh waist over trash drop waist, fixed from normal gloves to hc gloves

Deleted
    how is a 522 ring better than ra'den heroic ring with a socket?

+868 Strength
    +467 Crit
    +645 Haste

vs

+957 Strength
    +621 Crit (with gem and reforged crit from haste)
    +453 Haste
    +493 Exp

you aren't exp capped if u take caustic spike bracers with crit or mastery, i see no reason not to take the 541 ring

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/96476

also the gloves you posted are the normal version, not heroic
    Last edited by mmoc0b3907cfd9; 2013-04-05 at 06:18 PM.

The belt in your list is a trash loot, the heroic version doesn't exist. The Jin'rokh belt is BiS.

I'm fairly confident that the rep ring is nowhere near BiS. Even without crit, the Ra-Den ring and the heroic Primordius ring look better since they have a socket. The Oondasta ring also has a lot more crit than the rep ring.

Oh snap. Yeah, Ure both right. I'll get that fixed :P

the random stat bracers have 858 of a single stat for 522 gear
    not sure what it would be for 535/541, haven't seen any myself or see any comments on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post

I'm fairly confident that the rep ring is nowhere near BiS. Even without crit, the Ra-Den ring and the heroic Primordius ring look better since they have a socket. The Oondasta ring also has a lot more crit than the rep ring.
    U really sure the socket on the Primordius ring makes up for the loss of 637 crit (or 317 with a crit gem in the socket)? Band of the Scaled Tyrant The socket bonus is wank, and u'll only get 320 crit out of the socket. But u'll sit there with 646 haste which is still pretty horrible.

Forgot reforging. and if u reforge out of haste and into crit, u'll get 578 crit total out of the item. which is still less than 637 from Spinescale Seal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    not sure what it would be for 535/541, haven't seen any myself or see any comments on wowhead.

969 crit for heroic

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/96848

1024 for heroic thunderforged

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95003/fl...#same-model-as
    better than couldbreaker belt for raden bis list
    Last edited by mmoc0b3907cfd9; 2013-04-05 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Yeah, I don't know either. But if ure as lucky as Landsoul u'll get one with crit :P making it pretty good ;P

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xeek1337 View Post

969 crit for heroic

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/96848

1024 for heroic thunderforged

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95003/fl...#same-model-as
    better than couldbreaker belt for raden bis list
    Guess I need to update atlasloot or just do it the annoying way and look at each boss themselves :P I'll fix it again.

I've heard/read from various places, that it would perhaps be worth dumping 4 piece, in favor of getting the offpieces with crit on them (using gloves and leg tier pieces). Would there be any chance of making a comparison in the crit gained with the offpieces vs the 35% crit for 10secs during skull banner that 4piece gives you?.

Quote Originally Posted by Taik View Post
    I've heard/read from various places, that it would perhaps be worth dumping 4 piece, in favor of getting the offpieces with crit on them (using gloves and leg tier pieces). Would there be any chance of making a comparison in the crit gained with the offpieces vs the 35% crit for 10secs during skull banner that 4piece gives you?.
    I have seen a comparison somewhere here on the forums. Would struggle to actually find it again. And I'm gonna have to say I'm not gonna try just so I dont give u the wrong information. However, the conclusion was that it was worth going for the 4pc.

Edit: I actually found it for ya. I stole it from another thread so took a bit of searching, and the poster said he stole it from Collision, so credit goes to Collision for the original post and Darkfriend for posting it here so I could find it ^^

Anyways it isn't a direct comparison, but basically lets u know how much crit u would need under the worst circumstances to compensate for the lack of 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    .... The banner is a 1200~ SEP gain, which means that even if the tier pieces were itemized as such:

2000 str
    2000 sta
    ONLY overcap hit

and you COULDN'T reforge them, it would take 1200 SEP/(0.95 crit sep - 0.41 overcap hit sep) 2222 additional crit to outweigh the tier bonus. That's a total worse case scenario, assuming that the tier pieces don't have haste/mastery/crit, and that we can't reforge our gear, so more than likely it's actually 3500-4000+ crit needed to outweigh the bonus.
    Conclusion: Don't skip 4 set.
    Last edited by Juni; 2013-04-05 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Found the post. yay

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    U really sure the socket on the Primordius ring makes up for the loss of 637 crit (or 317 with a crit gem in the socket)? Band of the Scaled Tyrant The socket bonus is wank, and u'll only get 320 crit out of the socket. But u'll sit there with 646 haste which is still pretty horrible.

Forgot reforging. and if u reforge out of haste and into crit, u'll get 578 crit total out of the item. which is still less than 637 from Spinescale Seal
    Spinescale seal is obviously best. Compare to the 522 rep ring, that you still have in your non Ra-Den list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Spinescale seal is obviously best. Compare to the 522 rep ring, that you still have in your non Ra-Den list.
    Fixed. [10 chars]

Assuming full access to TOT normal and that I'm going for 4pc T15, issit better to use offset piece helm? Or offset piece leggings? Or maybe even chest piece?

I'd go with off-set helm, the one from Dark Animus.

The Ji-Kun chest is nice, but the problem it has is that it has a ton of hit while the tier helm also has crit. There's aleady a lot of hit on other pieces, it gets hard to reforge it all away.

Not sure why you'd ever swap out tier legs, they have perfect itemization.

The leishen leggings is a beast.

Deleted
    I've been doing my best trying to figure out witch trinkets are best according to what i have atm. Sure thos 2 might be best when you got BiS but what do we use untill we got that dream setup of items?
    Atm im sitting on:
    Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (can just about manage the expertise)
    Fabled Fether of Ji-Kun. Normal 522. using it takes me to 9,17% hit (is it worth going that far over the hit cap?)
    Gaze of the Twins. Normal TF 528
    Lei Shen's final Orders. Heroic 2/2 510

Gotta say this teir has been the hardest for me this far gear wise, feels like everyting to too much hit or exp and its hard to balance :I

Thanks

P.S
    Think it everyone would like a perfect list of all trinkets once and for all with thunderforged being part of it too

Quote Originally Posted by azeljin View Post
    I've been doing my best trying to figure out witch trinkets are best according to what i have atm. Sure thos 2 might be best when you got BiS but what do we use untill we got that dream setup of items?
    Atm im sitting on:
    Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (can just about manage the expertise)
    Fabled Fether of Ji-Kun. Normal 522. using it takes me to 9,17% hit (is it worth going that far over the hit cap?)
    Gaze of the Twins. Normal TF 528
    Lei Shen's final Orders. Heroic 2/2 510

Gotta say this teir has been the hardest for me this far gear wise, feels like everyting to too much hit or exp and its hard to balance :I

Thanks

P.S
    Think it everyone would like a perfect list of all trinkets once and for all with thunderforged being part of it too
    I would go for Brutal Talisman, has a nice proc 8800 Str and as second trinkit I would go with Gaze of Twins for the passive STR and Crit on proc.

Lei Shen's Final Orders is no good anymore to low Str proc compared to others and Fabled is nice when its up and you can line it up but if you over hit cap its more or less a lost.

I may be a little off, so pardon me if I am(I mostly focus on Arms, which could be confusing my assessment), but if you are going 4 piece Tier 15, due to the excess amount of Hit you will have on your gear, I believe that Primordius' Talisman of Rage is better than Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun. Gaze would still be the 2nd trinket.

Deleted
    I do not agree with helm offpiece for non Ra-Den BiS list. I would rather take tier head and use Rein-Binder's Fists as my offpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    I do not agree with helm offpiece for non Ra-Den BiS list. I would rather take tier head and use Rein-Binder's Fists as my offpiece.
    For those who think the legs/gloves of tier would be the off-tier, I request you re-evaluate the amount of Crit you are throwing away. The tier 15 gloves and legs have Crit already on them, (732 and 1154, respectively) where as the other 3 pieces do not. Since Crit is Fury's best stat (right up there in stat weight with Strength depending on if SMF or TG), by not replacing chest, shoulder, or helm with the nontier, crit blessed offpiece, then you are losing out on about 600 crit.