Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    That sounds like a player problem.

It's completely smooth if you play well.

(and have a decent computer)
    Uhh..lol. This is where I now know you are bias. GW2 is a great game.But by NO means is it even remotely smooth. Solid 100+ FPS and it still farts. Plus it's not even true open world... Everything is instanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that can kill WoW is Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipzett View Post
    Hello, As title says, Will there ever be a MMORPG that defeats WoW? and if so, what company will make it?

Let the battle BEGIN!
    Mmorpg's is a thing of the past as they all follow the same design lines now, which is the one set by blizzard..

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as lazy people exist it is almost impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Uhh..lol. This is where I now know you are bias. GW2 is a great game.But by NO means is it even remotely smooth. Solid 100+ FPS and it still farts. Plus it's not even true open world... Everything is instanced.
    Again, I am not having any "farts" in gw2 and my computer is 4 years old.

Also, what does it matter if each giant zone is instanced? Kalimdor and EK are both "instanced" they are just really large instances with exhaustion zones around them.
    Would having exhaustion zones along the edges of GW2's zones make you feel better?

(And keep in mind, GW2 is one of several MMOs that are as smooth as wow)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Again, I am not having any "farts" in gw2 and my computer is 4 years old.

Also, what does it matter if each giant zone is instanced? Kalimdor and EK are both "instanced" they are just really large instances with exhaustion zones around them.
    Would having exhaustion zones along the edges of GW2's zones make you feel better?

(And keep in mind, GW2 is one of several MMOs that are as smooth as wow)
    which do we prefer small instanced or massively instanced area's like 20x the size but a few boarder issues? is this even a proper question.

Can always hope for a WOW II after titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    which do we prefer small instanced or massively instanced area's like 20x the size but a few boarder issues? is this even a proper question.
    Since the massive instanced MMOs seem to have less than stellar combat, graphics, and animations. I would take the smaller.
    It seems to be the trend that instancing gives you more options combat gameplay wise.
    IE: Warframe (smaller instances, insane combat (prince of persia wall running ect) and quality graphics) vs Firefall (large instance, more limited combat and graphics)
    Vindictus (Although it came out several years before Tera, it still has better combat and its graphics just below tera. Small instances) vs Tera (large open world ect)
    WoW / rift vs Gw2 / nwo (the parts of nwo I played were small instances)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Since the massive instanced MMOs seem to have less than stellar combat, graphics, and animations. I would take the smaller.
    subjective.. and hilarious.
    It seems to be the trend that instancing gives you more options combat gameplay wise.
    swtor and gw2 both have stellar "options gameplay wise"

rest of the post wasnt really worth replying to as its more force fed opinions.. ill just say i disagree.

isnt planetside 2 also an instanced massive seemless open world.. dont like the game but its pretty big isnt it.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-28 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Talking about instances.

I really like that Guild Wars 2 zones are persistent, but still instanced. The zones are really, really, big if you travel by foot (waypoints ftw) and they are really beautiful. The advantage I can see with this is that if a zone instance crashes, it's only that zone that will crash.

Looking back at World of Warcraft, at Wrath of the Lich King, fights in Wintergrasp made whole Northrend to lag, and it was insane. Even some guy at the Tarren Mill server made a fish macro or something similar, crashing the whole Northrend Instance, because he was fishing in Grizzly Hill or something with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Talking about instances.

I really like that Guild Wars 2 zones are persistent, but still instanced. The zones are really, really, big if you travel by foot (waypoints ftw) and they are really beautiful. The advantage I can see with this is that if a zone instance crashes, it's only that zone that will crash.

Looking back at World of Warcraft, at Wrath of the Lich King, fights in Wintergrasp made whole Northrend to lag, and it was insane. Even some guy at the Tarren Mill server made a fish macro or something similar, crashing the whole Northrend Instance, because he was fishing in Grizzly Hill or something with it.
    Yes, although I don't know how it is handled today with CRZ, since every zone change is technically a server "change".
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Maybe, and if there will be one, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    It really isn't too fair to call GW2's zones "small". I am absolutely an opponent against using borders in games, nothing gets me frothing more than having zones split by instance gates (SWTOR got me pretty livid with this), but GW2 really did an incredible job of blurring the lines, not to mention the zones are pretty damn huge. Many are easily twice the size of some WoW zones.