Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile A fun lil post, Your Dream Game!

So you know how people do those lil "dream" things like dream team, Dream woman/man, dream car etc.

What is your dream game??

For me a MMO junkie

1:WoW's Player base
    2:Rift's world events
    3. Tera's Combat
    4. Runescape's skill options
    5. Swtor's class quests
    6: Gw2's Art style ..although some of Tera's gear set up is kind on the eyes..

Anyhow what about you guys and gals out there? What is your dream game??

My dream game is an amazing game idea. Picture this folks, a MMO that's based in a post apocalyptic earth. You may think "That sounds like Fallout" well it does until you get the main drift of what I'm saying. The whole world isexplorable! The classes can be the seven deadly sins like, the gluttony class can have an ability where they run towards the mobs and blow themselves up. Pride could be a class that preaches amongst man, etc.. I just think it would be neat.

Deleted
    WoW playerbase size
    Rift Events
    A mix between GW2 and Tera Combat or the Blade and Soul combat
    GW2 graphics
    loot system exactly like GW2 where you don't fight over mobs and nodes
    Talent System similar to rift

Deleted
    Since single player games usually don't last very long I'd also go with a MMO with

1. decent sized player base (3mil+)
    2. sandbox and player driven
    3. pvp areas(optional but have good rewards, rare monsters that drop valuable loot etc.) where you can loot everything from other players if you manage to kill them
    4. darker, bleaker setting. WoW atmosphere during WotLK is a good example
    5. game encourages different and vastly varied builds, to place your own stats, improve greatly the abilities or spells you use and other such optimization.
    6. player combat strength comes 50% from gear, 50% from your level, build etc. so even with the worst possible gear you have at least a small chance against others in PvP
    7. easy to get into but after the tutorial levels there is no more pampering and freebies.
    8. game currency is actually valuable and needed, there are also super expensive and very rare items to strive for. Both cosmetic and practical
    9. unreachable level caps. With every level you get, the next ones becomes more difficult but you can never actually be max level
    10. many and varied crafting and gathering skills with very high and hard to achieve level caps but if you reach high levels in them, they would be very useful
    11. dynamic pve content, no LFG and no LFR. There are still close to WoW style raids but instances are semi-randomly created and include a different combination of bosses every time. Also to avoid loot drama, everyone gets a veto button when master looter is enabled. If over 51% of the group disagrees, the item just goes for normal roll between everyone who is eligible and wants it.
    12. NO slutty, revealing or impractical clothes and armor for female players.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cartoonish moba (like a Tiny Toons MOBA) where you control the artist (drawnist? I don't know who to say it ) rather than the character, so you would be able to build the maps and stuff during the match.

An MMO based in a cross between Diablo/World of Darkness-ish universe [demons, angles, vamps, werewolves, humans] with a combat system similar to Guild Wars 2 [free movement, collision, no cast times]. Character progression would be more akin to Path of Exile's passive skill web, however.

No definite level cap. Though reaching "max level" by way of filling the entire skill web would essentially be impossible. Max level in concept similar to Asheron's Call-- a long far off goal one works toward... forever.

A directed main storyline runs through the game designed to take players from level 1 through 50 [arbitrary number]. Or to some comfortable level point by which players would have most of the tools needed to trounce about the world. Story "acts" released over time, roughly every 6-8 months so as pace out the over arching world conflict.

The world itself would be open ended with multiple real factions that align players to a particular cause in an impacting way. Permanently.

There would be Guild Keeps. There will Guild vs. Guild PVP twice daily to gain access to procedurally generated dungeons for endgame loot. The difficulty would scale to infinity in these dungeons.

PVP gear would be separate from PVE gear, standardized and normalized. Always.

No other PVP exists aside from 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 arenas. Arenas grant no access, gear or ranking. They are just for fun. There is PVP, this is not a PVP game.

Item system would not be totally random. Loot would work like this: Items can drop with 1-2 stats called Implicit Mods, these are predicable mods but random in range. There can also be a 1-3 runes on a given item drop.

Runes can be disenchanted destroying the item and keeping the rune(s). OR the runes can be destroyed keeping the item & it's implicit mods.

Runes have a variety of stats and mods. Simple singular stat mods such as +Strength offer the highest value possible to a single stat. While other runes may have split values such as +Strength & +HP at a reduced value from the singular mod stats.

The catch is each rune is named. No item can have two runes of the same name on it. For example, an item can only have "... of the Bear" rune attached. But can have, "... of the Bear" + "... of the Cheetah" + of "... of the Eagle".

Some runes offer a bonus if stacked, Guild Wars 2 style. Such as having "... of the Bear" on 3 pieces of gear would give an additional bonus beyond the typical stats of the rune(s). Allowing players to customize their gear to their exact liking. Yet keeping the "gear hunt" perpetual as there is always the possibility of getting a different item roll or re- purposing the runes to a player's needs.

Wardrobe system stolen directly from Rift; reskin any item type with any other item type. No limits. Want to dual wield a chainsaw & uzi Valvo evening dress and shoes by Jimmy Choo without giving up the safety of full plate mail? YOU CAN DO THAT. \m/

Multiple vanity sets switchable on the fly.

Modular UI stolen directly from Rift: all on screen elements resizable, moveable, transparent, opaque, snapped, stacked, separate in combat & out of combat properties. All of which is on the fly, instant from within game by default. Exactly like Rift's UI.

Basically, I want The Secret World with minor changes.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-05 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sandboxof Skyrim + the storytelling of Mass Effect.

We'll call it . . . MassRim.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Mass Effect with multiple playable races like in Dragon Age with different stories to begin with as well. Add in a nice big sandbox world where people react to you properly. Plus the building of your own ship and crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    Mass Effect with multiple playable races like in Dragon Age with different stories to begin with as well. Add in a nice big sandbox world where people react to you properly. Plus the building of your own ship and crew.
    Heh yeah, that's essentially my idea for "MassRim."
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Heh yeah, that's essentially my idea for "MassRim."
    I did read your post and thought I was doing something different but now I look at it the only difference I've really put in is Ship Building and a different starting story for each race.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. WoW's Player base
    2. Rift's world events
    3. Age of Conan's combat
    4. Rift's class options
    5. SWTOR's class quests
    6. SWTOR's Theme
    7. GW2's dynamic events
    8. Eve's economy and crafting system
    9. Aion's travel system

WoW's story, classes, races, world and lore in a 3rd person fire ball/lightning bolt shooter with Gears of War art/gameplay.... Gears of Warcraft.

Everyone has 4 weapons that do essentially the same thing but change based on the race/class you choose.

Tauren Shaman
    Shotgun: Flame Shock
    Lancer: Chain Lightning
    Smoke Grenade: Steam Totem
    Special: Earthquake aoe stun (like 0.5-1sec stun tho, like a smoke grenade does in GoW)

Troll Hunter
    Shotgun: Explosive Shot
    Lancer: Bow Shots
    Smoke Grenade: Gas Trap
    Special: Frost/slowing arrow

etc etc

Thinking it would be sick to go like dark, tribal horde vs holyish alliance:

Horde:

Orc DK, Troll Hunter, Tauren Shaman, Undead Rogue, Belf Warlock

Ally:

Dwarf Warrior, Gnome Mage, Night Elf Druid, Human Pally, Draenei Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    An MMO based in a cross between Diablo/World of Darkness-ish universe [demons, angles, vamps, werewolves, humans] with a combat system similar to Guild Wars 2 [free movement, collision, no cast times]. Character progression would be more akin to Path of Exile's passive skill web, however.

No definite level cap. Though reaching "max level" by way of filling the entire skill web would essentially be impossible. Max level in concept similar to Asheron's Call-- a long far off goal one works toward... forever.

A directed main storyline runs through the game designed to take players from level 1 through 50 [arbitrary number]. Or to some comfortable level point by which players would have most of the tools needed to trounce about the world. Story "acts" released over time, roughly every 6-8 months so as pace out the over arching world conflict.

The world itself would be open ended with multiple real factions that align players to a particular cause in an impacting way. Permanently.

There would be Guild Keeps. There will Guild vs. Guild PVP twice daily to gain access to procedurally generated dungeons for endgame loot. The difficulty would scale to infinity in these dungeons.

PVP gear would be separate from PVE gear, standardized and normalized. Always.

No other PVP exists aside from 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 arenas. Arenas grant no access, gear or ranking. They are just for fun. There is PVP, this is not a PVP game.

Item system would not be totally random. Loot would work like this: Items can drop with 1-2 stats called Implicit Mods, these are predicable mods but random in range. There can also be a 1-3 runes on a given item drop.

Runes can be disenchanted destroying the item and keeping the rune(s). OR the runes can be destroyed keeping the item & it's implicit mods.

Runes have a variety of stats and mods. Simple singular stat mods such as +Strength offer the highest value possible to a single stat. While other runes may have split values such as +Strength & +HP at a reduced value from the singular mod stats.

The catch is each rune is named. No item can have two runes of the same name on it. For example, an item can only have "... of the Bear" rune attached. But can have, "... of the Bear" + "... of the Cheetah" + of "... of the Eagle".

Some runes offer a bonus if stacked, Guild Wars 2 style. Such as having "... of the Bear" on 3 pieces of gear would give an additional bonus beyond the typical stats of the rune(s). Allowing players to customize their gear to their exact liking. Yet keeping the "gear hunt" perpetual as there is always the possibility of getting a different item roll or re- purposing the runes to a player's needs.

Wardrobe system stolen directly from Rift; reskin any item type with any other item type. No limits. Want to dual wield a chainsaw & uzi Valvo evening dress and shoes by Jimmy Choo without giving up the safety of full plate mail? YOU CAN DO THAT. \m/

Multiple vanity sets switchable on the fly.

Modular UI stolen directly from Rift: all on screen elements resizable, moveable, transparent, opaque, snapped, stacked, separate in combat & out of combat properties. All of which is on the fly, instant from within game by default. Exactly like Rift's UI.

Basically, I want The Secret World with minor changes.
    I'd be on board with this.

Simply a Smash Bros. game running on Brawl's engine, but with more events, better balance between characters, a more solid stage creator, being able to customize stats on the characters (and an option to turn it off and on for all characters), another Subspace Emissary-like adventure mode, and most importantly having Ridley as a playable character.

Also, another Metroid sidescroller with Donkey Kong Returns/Kirby's Adventure Wii graphics, preferably on Zebes.

A single player RPG with Skyrim style exploration + Assassin's Creed style parkour + Dragon Age style character creation and dialogue/story options...

All set in the Warcraft universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Baldur's Gate MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchen View Post
    So you know how people do those lil "dream" things like dream team, Dream woman/man, dream car etc.

What is your dream game??

For me a MMO junkie

1:WoW's Player base
    2:Rift's world events
    3. Tera's Combat
    4. Runescape's skill options
    5. Swtor's class quests
    6: Gw2's Art style ..although some of Tera's gear set up is kind on the eyes..

Anyhow what about you guys and gals out there? What is your dream game??
    Skyrim in an MMO setting. Oh wait...my dream is coming true. xD

But honestly, if someone wanted a dream game, and WoW's player base topped their list, I would be very vary about it. WoW probably has the worst player base in the game. And a game with that large a player base, you definitely know you ain't going to make everyone happy. Its only going to cause problems.

Deleted
    Honestly... A zombie survival MMO, it's a fantastic concept, it just hasn't been executed properly yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha all great ideas. the whole Jimmy choo bit had me rolling tbh.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Skyrim in an MMO setting. Oh wait...my dream is coming true. xD

But honestly, if someone wanted a dream game, and WoW's player base topped their list, I would be very vary about it. WoW probably has the worst player base in the game. And a game with that large a player base, you definitely know you ain't going to make everyone happy. Its only going to cause problems.
    Really i didn't mean those in a special meaning of numbers. How ever i hate when a MMO feels dead. Love to feel like the world is alive and well...

10+ Year Old Account
    To start:

A vast, huge, open world RPG game with a size larger then Elder Scrolls 2 with multiple dimensions. However the games graphics and worlds consist of different classic video game eras:

-Atari 2600/5200/7200/800, Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey 2, Fairchild
    -classic 1970s and early 1980s arcade
    -classic 1970s/1980s PC/home computer: (IBM PC, Commodore 64, VIC-20, ADAM, Apple II, TRS-80, Aquarius, MSX)
    -late 1980s arcade
    -NES/Master System era
    -LCD games (Game&Watch, Tiger Electronics, Microvision, digital pets)
    -Game Boy Dot Matrix era
    -Genesis/MegaDrive era
    -DOS/Amiga early/mid 90s era PC
    -SNES era
    -early/mid 90s (Capcom CPS/CPS2, NeoGeo MVS/AES)

Those are my main world/dimension/area ideas for now.

The game is an RPG, however the style of RPG and combat style is constantly shifting between worlds, regions and dungeon rooms and you need to not only focus on generic RPG stats, but also other aspects such as jump-power, character movement speed, shooting speed/power and melee attack speed/power. The world is huge with multilevel over worlds between towns/cities and with deep dungeons that offer some randomly generated construction aspects to them in places. Dungeon difficulties can be completely random at times. You may be at the start of the game, but still need to be careful not to stumble into locked rooms that contain enemies 50 times stronger then you or with almost-instant kill traps or falls that take you deeper into the dungeons.

As I said the major aspect of this game is the fact that each world/scene is based off of a specific style of video game system/era/graphics and that is really the basis of how the game is played. Here are some examples:

-Classic 70s/early 80s home console world: The graphics here are primarily based off of the Atari 2600 but also shifts to older systems and some-what graphically superior systems like the Intellivison and later Atari models. In this world most of the enemies and NPCs are very simply designed such as a smiley face or just a square block. Items and environmental aspects are just as simple and you actually need to pay attention to key details, item descriptions and cryptic clues given in order to identify and use/avoid these things. Games that inspire this world include Adventure, Venture, Berzerk, the SwordQuest games, Dragon Stomper and Haunted House.

-Classic 70s/early 80s arcade: Based off of classic arcade originals with simplistic combat systems but slightly more advanced environments. Characters in this realm are based off of classic arcade character sprites. Game play in this world is very strict with arcade-punishing encounters where failure isn't tolerated. The environment consists of a lot of space-areas that require a space ship to navigate through. Games that inspire this world include Computer Space, Pong, Defender, Joust, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Robotron, Warlords, Galaga, Sinistar and Crystal Castles.

-Classic PC: Based off of 70s and 80s home computer system games of varying power and are a bit more advanced then the Classic console world, but not as fast paced as the Classic arcade world. This world in unique in that it contains the most dungeons and areas that shift the world to a first person turn based RPG dungeon crawler perspective and also some text-only areas. Games that inspire this world include Ultima, Wizardry, classic Sierra adventure games such as Kings Quest and Leisure Suit Larry, Zork, classic LucasArts games like Maniac Mansion and Zak McKraken, Jet Set Willy, Cybernoid and other various console-computer games from the Commodore 64, MSX-2, Acorn and ZX Spectrum.

-Late 80s/Early 90s arcade: a more advanced version of the Classic Arcade dimension where game play elements shift more to beat-em-up style game play and more faster pace vertical shooter type areas. Games that inspire this world include Double Dragon, Raiden, Konami beat-em-ups like TMNT, X-Men and Violent Storm, Total Carnage, Smash TV, Psycho Soldier and Rolling Thunder.

-8-bit home console: Based mainly on the NES but also other systems like the Sega Master system. A heavy inspiration for this world is Faxandu and Legacy of the Wizard for its open world game play and RPG style. Game play and environments are based on games like MegaMan, Blaster Master, Dragon Warrior, River City Ransom, Zelda, Contra, Mr. Gimmick, Castlevania and Final Fantasy.

-LCD: Movements are very jerky and simplistic and in some ways this world is even simpler then the Classic Console world. While enemies and environments can have more complex styles based on later LCD game designs, the player can only has acess to mostly classic block like items and simple things like calculator numbers. Games that inspire this world include the Game&Watch series, the Tiger Electronics series, the Microvision system and its games, Radio Shack handheld games and Tamagotchi and Digimon pets.

-Game Boy: Graphical style is mostly black and white, but more advanced then the LCD world and features more style similar to the 8-bit world. Games that inspire this realm include Super Mario Land, Great Greed, Final Fantasy Adventure, Pokemon, Metroid 2, Final Fantasy Legend, Alleyway and Tetris.

-Genesis/MegaDrive: More advanced then the 8-bit world, but a different style of graphics then the other 16-bit realm. Games that inspire this world include Phantasy Star, Sword of Vermillion, Gunstar Heroes, Shining in the Darkness, Sonic and Wings of Wor.

-Early 90s PC: This world is inspired by games released on early 90s PC systems like the Amiga, Tandy and for the DOS operating system. This world contains a lot of click and point style interfaces to it and the sound/music for the environment is based off of early SoundBlaster tracks and the Amiga sound chip. Games that inspire this world include the later versions of Turrican, The Dig, Shadow of the Beast, Jazz Jackrabbit and Alien Breed and Warcraft.

-16-bit (SNES): This world is separate from the Genesis world due to the difference in graphical styles and sound elements and includes a lot of the "golden age" RPG aspects into its areas and designs. Games that inspire this world include Chrono Trigger, EVO, Ardy Lightfoot, Kirby Super Star, Lufia, Secret of Mana and EarthBound.

-90s arcade: The most advanced of the worlds that is based on a lot of fast paced 90s arcade games and features the most elements of fighting games. Games that inspire this world include Metal Slug, Street Fighter Alpha, Battle Circuit, Fatal Fury 3, Eco Fighters and Turtles in Time.

-possibly also another world based on late 90s PC games with inspiration from games like Myst, Lands of Lore, Elder Scrolls, Septerra Core, Age of Empires and Diablo.

There is a deep crafting system in the game called Bit-Building. Enemies drop bits, bits can be found in treasure chests, bought in stores or traded for and possibly extracted by breaking down other pre-made stuff. You can create nearly any object, tool, weapon, vehicle or minion out of bits by using a Bit-Forge in towns and cities and also later on out in the wilderness and dungeons by using a crafted mobile-bit forge. When you create something your only limit is how many bits you have available at a time and you also need things called Code or Programs. Code/Programs act as the recipes and patterns of the game and their primary use is to give function to your bit creations. For example say you want to build a space-ship in order to traverse a space-sector in the early 1980s arcade game dimension, in order to do this you will need to find/buy a Code that lets you designate your creation as a vehicle, however you need to be sure that its a Code that is meant for a vehicle with space-flight capabilities. Other codes and programs allow you to identify what parts of something act as a primary weapon and what kind of attack the weapon does. The entire interface in the game would allow for deep customization with your creations while at the same time being very simple to use, even simpler then say a game like LittleBig Planet. One major aspect that effects Bit-Building is the type of dimension you are in. In the Atari 2600 realm your creations will have limits to how much you can add to them, but at the same time this simplicity opens up a much larger spectrum of things that your creations can become. On the other side you will have the more advanced areas like the 90s arcade game world where you have a much larger pallet to design your creations but also the complexity of these sprites will make them harder to design.

There are also possibly classes in the game that effect ones skills with Bit-Building creations. For example a Technomancer may have more skill with creating robotic minions from bits that follow simple commands (to the point that they may run off of cliffs) but are very durable and other things like laser turrets and probes, while on the other hand a Meatsmith will be able to create living creatures that can follow more complex commands and options but are also more effected by things like fire and spike traps. A Grease Monkey will have much higher skill for designing vehicles and allow them to perform more functions as well as improving their basic stats such as speed, durability, traction on certain environments and attack power. Some other classes may sacrifice Bit-Building techniques in exchange for basic increased skills for their characters in order to traverse the world.

Will add more when I get time.