Couple questions about /ignore

If you ignore somebody, does it automatically ignore all of their characters or just that one? Also, if you ignore a player on the PTR, will their toon on live be ignored as well?

I know these may sound like dumb questions, but I haven't played in years and things change so I'm not really sure.

you to have /ignore each toon from that person and trust me i have /ignored guildies. not sure about the ptr sorry.
    And if you want to remember me, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that for me, Rose. Have a fantastic life.
    - Who

Even if you /ignore someone they can still see what you say even though you cannot see what they say in any chat.
    Because of this I choose not to ignore someone, as there is no real point if they can still see what you are saying.

Sadly you can't ignore anything but individual players, there's no account wide ignore, though there should be. I don't play on the PTR, but I would assume that PTR and Live have nothing to do with eachother in that regard.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

There's no data transfer between PTR and Live, so no, ignoring someone on the PTR will do nothing on live.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots