Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

reason for being extremely scared of zombies?

Recently (today) I continued watching the walking dead after having seen one episode (s01e01) and stopped due to having excessive stress while watching that episode. I had to quit again due to me being extremely scared of the possibility of zombies.

I'm a 26 year old guy who realises the universe isn't created by some magic being and understand the basic concept behind many scientific theories concerning the universe and how it was created. However when it comes to stuff like zombies, the ever slightest possibility of such a virus ever existing scares the crap out of me. I also don't understand how people might actually think about such a scenario and plan their survival. Personally I think I'd just kill myself cause I wouldn't be able to handle the stress.

Does anyone feel like this as well? Is there some "reason" for why a rational person like me might be this scared of something this implausible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you aren't as rational as you think?

Deleted
    Irrational fears. Some people just have them. Yours must be zombies.

Deleted
    There will never be a virus that kills u and makes u go after ppls brains.
    U know, zombies are dead. No dead person can walk.
    But lets say ppl just got a virus and instead of dying would just go after them brainz. Well, if the "zombies" were anything like in the walking dead we would have no problem at all since those zombies are just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Maybe you aren't as rational as you think?
    What about some sort of variation on rabies? Incubation time cut down to minutes/seconds, and the symptoms multiplied, it might not be as graphic as the walking dead but it's just as terrifying for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Fear doesn't need a reason. But reason can overcome fear. I don't watch shows like those because I get the feeling something might reach out from under the couch and grab me, XD. Sounds ridiculous but that's just what goes through my head. If a zombie invasion happens, I guess I'll try to survive until I can't anymore. No point in dying until you can't go on anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an irrational fear of arachnids, centipedes and sea creatures with exoskeletons. I'm not afraid of a large scale threat of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    What about some sort of variation on rabies? Incubation time cut down to minutes/seconds, and the symptoms multiplied, it might not be as graphic as the walking dead but it's just as terrifying for me
    You can calm yourself with the fact that an eventual real life zombie would not be very durable. They would need a circulatory system to function meaning that they would not be able to sustain any significant injury that a human would not survive.

I'm more scared of giant cockroaches that can fly than a zombie apocalypse.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's always bad pcp reaction like that rapper who killed his gf, cannibalized her and ran around the city howling at the moon naked.

Deleted
    Real Zombie?

10+ Year Old Account
    A virus the turns people into undead, that for some stupid reason have to eat flesh to... remain dead? Ain't gonna happen. Maybe the "real world zombie virus" just makes them like zombies, but still remain as human as ever? Or turn them into lizardpeople?

There is no point in living in fear that something might happen. Maybe we will get nuked to death tomorrow? Super volcano erupting? Huge asteroid colliding with Earth? A new virus that kills half the people? Or just some lunatic gunning you down because you looked at him funny?

Shitloads of reasons that might kill us any day. If you need something to fear, pick something that isn't in the realm of fiction or INCREDIBLY improbable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Real Zombie?

snip
    Life imitates art

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies do really exist, but they're not dead.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    My zombie apocolypse shopping mall safe haven was ruined by them adding disabled acess!!! need a new plan now

I's former glory, seriously easily defendable

Watch a movie called The Crazies that came out in 2010. I think it will cure you of your zombie syndrome.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary, I think people are EXCITED about a zombie apocalypse, if only so that they can finally use their huge gun collection on something other than paper targets and deer.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Zombies do really exist, but they're not dead.
    Is that a screenshot of one of them in your signature?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared of things that swarm (hornets/bees, piranha, zombies), You can watch a single thing (like a shark) & try to hit it to scare it off, but 10-100, even if they're all 1-shot kills, it'll just be injuries everywhere.

Flying insects with stingers bother the hell out of me. I logically know that there's very little they can actually do to me, but I still go to silly lengths to avoid contact with them.

Zombies like in the Walking Dead never seemed like much to worry about, though. Unless the virus/plague/whatever actually killed people itself in a short amount of time, I have a hard time seeing how they'd gather large enough numbers to be a threat. In that case, you're dead either way, so why stress about it? :P