Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Next expansion can't be the Burning Legion

Isn't the Burning Legion and it's master (Sargeras) the ultimate evil in the game? If we defeat them then there is literally no point in more expansions since we kind of defeated the worst. It should follow the path of difficulty and ultimately leaving the burning legion as one of the last expansions of WoW.

(Unless Warcraft 4 comes out)

Anyone else agree wtih me?

Me personally am seeing possibly revamp of Outland with some burning legion activity in the next expansion. Since Outland is crying for a new re-constructure and it's the oldest one that hasn't been changed yet. Emerald Dream expansion, South Seas, (other side?) and then the Burning Legion as the last expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    who says we will kill sargeras, burning legion is bigger then just Sargeras.

probably we kill the big important characters of them, and in later expansion we go kill Sargeras.

Let's say Kil'Jaeden would be end boss of the Burning legion expansion and maybe expansion after or after that one is Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    They could use a burning legion invasion as an expansion, to set up for the counter attack expansion on Sargeras on one of his many planets.

So one whole expansion where we "defend" Azeroth from the burning legion. And then another whole expansion where we attack and rid the world of the burning legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Isn't the Burning Legion and it's master (Sargeras) the ultimate evil in the game? If we defeat them then there is literally no point in more expansions since we kind of defeated the worst. It should follow the path of difficulty and ultimately leaving the burning legion as one of the last expansions of WoW.

(Unless Warcraft 4 comes out)

Anyone else agree wtih me?

Me personally am seeing possibly revamp of Outland with some burning legion activity in the next expansion. Since Outland is crying for a new re-constructure and it's the oldest one that hasn't been changed yet. Emerald Dream expansion, South Seas, (other side?) and then the Burning Legion as the last expansion.
    Just because next expansion MIGHT be about the burning legion doesn't mean we will meet Sargeras - or at the very least defeat any kind of fully powered version of him. They also said before we wouldn't in wow (ofc all things considered what they said before means jack ...).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

If you were born in the 80s, then Sargeras is the final boss and you can't imagine the franchise surviving beyond him.

If you were born in the 90s, then it's Arthas.

Any time after that, and it's Old Gods.

Yes that is what i said. It will be with some burinng legion "activity", but nothing serious and with the purpose of reshaping Outland. I saw people that said we will be fighting Sargeras etc.

It may just be me, but as WoW progresses, I can't help but think the Big Bad of the series will be the Titans, not Sargeras.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Why does the Burning Legion have to be the ultimate final adversary in the Warcraft universe? Blizzard can always expand the lore and introduce new threats and protagonists along the way, like they did in MoP. The Burning Legion also doesn't have to end with Sargeras. Also, I wouldn't even say that the Burning Legion is the most overarching, ultimate theme in Warcraft, I'd view the Titans above the whole thing.

It's not as if everything we know about Warcraft today was set in stone from the very first game on, and there's no rule that they have to harp on about the same few story arcs for an eternity. Even some of the very major protagonists like the Lich King have been established at some point in time, and their stories have been concluded along the way.

So, sure, there's still other stuff to be dealt with in WoW, like the themes you mentioned, but I also don't see why they couldn't go about the Burning Legion in the next expansion too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    If you were born in the 80s, then Sargeras is the final boss and you can't imagine the franchise surviving beyond him.

If you were born in the 90s, then it's Arthas.

Any time after that, and it's Old Gods.
    And if you have a working comprehending brain, you'd know the titans are bound to purge Azeroth.

So no, Sargeras is most likely not the biggest problem in the franchise, not after what Algalon explained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivet View Post
    They could use a burning legion invasion as an expansion, to set up for the counter attack expansion on Sargeras on one of his many planets.

So one whole expansion where we "defend" Azeroth from the burning legion. And then another whole expansion where we attack and rid the world of the burning legion.
    i would love that. especially if they added daily world events like the rifts in rift(though more like the scourge invasion tht was before wrath came out) the scourge invasion was my absolute favorite part of this game in all of my 7 years playing it... aside from the whole people turning into undead thing making capital cities unplayable.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    The next expansion could be defending against another legion attack, then the final one is follow them back when they retreat to fight sargeras. can fit as many expansions as you want inbetween.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    The next expansion could be defending against another legion attack, then the final one is follow them back when they retreat to fight sargeras. can fit as many expansions as you want inbetween.
    they could just make every expansion from now on burning legion themed. every expansion we just go to another planet conquered by them and end their presence there, having new different demons or non demons and diffferent architecture on every planet so it doesnt get stale. my personal favorite would be a xorroth xpac...
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember very well, that there was information a few month back from Blizz side, that the next expansion has the return of the Burning Legion.

Deleted
    You know that there already was a Burning Legion expansion right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I remember very well, that there was information a few month back from Blizz side, that the next expansion has the return of the Burning Legion.
    Source.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there will be atleast 15 more expansions until WoW is shut down.

I used to hate Outland and Northrend at the beginning of Cata. After playing through 1-60 atleast two times I started to hate it. I just couldn't stand the linearity. So I really hope they don't redo Outland and Northrend. And if they do, I hope they keep they dont' make the quests as linear as Cata's. MoP showed promise.

Never ever has it been stated that the Burning Legion are the ultimate evil in WoW, and I've said it many times before, if they were intended as the ultimate evil there would have been a lot more build up for them throughout expansions. The only evil that has been build up through all expansions (except for TBC) are the Old Gods, and I believe them to be the final evil. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Sargeras will be the next expansion baddie, especially considering Kil'jaeden has already been an expansion endboss before.

Deleted
    Why are people like wariofan1 ignoring that the Titans/Pantheons wanted to obliterate entire Azeroth and that we had to use force against a messenger to avoid him sending a message that all the Titans would agree upon?

"Old Gods are evil cause they want to kill all living"

Yeah well the Titans are evil because they don't actually give a crap about what's on Azeroth, slightest curse and they'll get rid of the planet and restart it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    And if you have a working comprehending brain, you'd know the titans are bound to purge Azeroth.

So no, Sargeras is most likely not the biggest problem in the franchise, not after what Algalon explained.
    No, the Titans are bound to purge relentless destruction that undermines their creation.

If you had a working brain that listened to the dialogue throughout Ulduar and the Algalon enounter, you'd know this.

Be a fat man on the internet some more. It's attractive.

Mod Edit: Please don't insult.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-04-07 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Never ever has it been stated that the Burning Legion are the ultimate evil in WoW, and I've said it many times before, if they were intended as the ultimate evil there would have been a lot more build up for them throughout expansions. The only evil that has been build up through all expansions (except for TBC) are the Old Gods, and I believe them to be the final evil. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Sargeras will be the next expansion baddie, especially considering Kil'jaeden has already been an expansion endboss before.
    thats not a very valid comparison... KJ is just a powerful demon, sargeras is a titan. those are nowhere close to the same this nor is KJ anywhere at all close to as powerful as sargeras. not to mention we couldnt even kill KJ we could only send him back through the sunwell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    No, the Titans are bound to purge relentless destruction that undermines their creation.

If you had a working brain that listened to the dialogue throughout Ulduar and the Algalon enounter, you'd know this.

Be a fat man on the internet some more. It's attractive.
    If another Titan comes he'll deem Azeroth impure aswell and we'll the same chain of reaction all over again. Algalon only accepted the outcome cause we had to beat him to it, not because of chatting persuasion.

Think again "Gnarles Malarkey".