Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Burnt out from leveling to 90.

I....I .... I am level 87 now. But I can't go on anymore.

I have done it 4 times in the past. 4 times I have grinded my way to 90 via quests. It's been bearable then (no pun intended). But now...

I am REALLY looking forward to endgame with a warlock, but this is....this is hell.

I had to say goodbye to my sweet heirlooms at lvl 85.

3 levels left and I just don't want to anymore.

Even that 5 90,s achie doesn't motivate me.

It's even been a long time since my last 90, I waited so long.
    Last edited by mmoc5ad709a1f5; 2013-04-07 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could always do random lfd to level up if you don't want to quest I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I....I .... I am level 87 now. But I can't go on anymore.

I have done it 4 times in the past. 4 times I have grinded my way to 90 via quests. It's been bearable then (no pun intended). But now...

I am REALLY looking forward to endgame with a warlock, but this is....this is hell.

I had to say goodbye to my sweet heirlooms at lvl 85.

3 levels left and I just don't want to anymore.

Even that 5 90,s achie doesn't motivate me.
    you're playing a warlock so this should not bother you.

Seriously though, I know how you feel. Take a short break from leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethlos View Post
    Well you could always do random lfd to level up if you don't want to quest I think.
    Yes, but that is a problem too. XP gain is even worse in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    your not the only one. in the past, in TBC and wrath, I was able to grind all my alts to 70/80, and even in cata, managed to grind at least 6 of them, the rest hovered around 83/84.

In mists, I'm only managed to get 3-4 characters to 90, and it feels so tedious now. Infact two of those alts have been monks, since they get am exp boost each day, its the only way I held out enough to get there.

I dunno, it just feels like it takes to long with so little variety, just feels far to lineal.

I think another thing that bothers me getting any alts to 90 now, is even once I get to 90, I know full well it would then just be more and more grinding daily quests, day after day, to get anything worthwhile on those alts, and having done that kind of daily quest grind on my main, main alt and another one, I just can't do it.

For all mists promise, it feels like the most unfriendly in terms of what it offers your alts, far to much grinding.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-04-07 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    you're playing a warlock so this should not bother you.

Seriously though, I know how you feel. Take a short break from leveling.
    I would like to but I really want this lock lvl 90. While I still have seas of time left over.

Do something other than questing then. Maybe go do some BGs, decent xp if you win, or you could do what I did with my latest toon and do the Treasures of Pandaria achievement, each of the items give you something like 3-800k exp and all sell for 90-120g as well.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Then don't do it and go play something else.
    If you have to force yourself to it then you should seriously rethink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've levelled 4 level 90s now and my 5th is just a drag. Blizzard has done nothing to improve 85-90 levelling. Heirlooms to 90 would fix everything. It's not too big of an increase to XP, but it's enough to make leveling alts bearable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Yeah I've levelled 4 level 90s now and my 5th is just a drag. Blizzard has done nothing to improve 85-90 levelling. Heirlooms to 90 would fix everything. It's not too big of an increase to XP, but it's enough to make leveling alts bearable.
    I guess they knew exactly that, that's why the achievements stop at 5 lvl 90,s.

Don't think of it as leveling, but more as farming. When I'm low on gold I level a toon. :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    your not the only one. in the past, in TBC and wrath, I was able to grind all my alts to 70/80, and even in cata, managed to grind at least 6 of them, the rest hovered around 83/84.

In mists, I'm only managed to get 3-4 characters to 90, and it feels so tedious now. Infact two of those alts have been monks, since they get am exp boost each day, its the only way I held out enough to get there.

I dunno, it just feels like it takes to long with so little variety, just feels far to lineal.

I think another thing that bothers me getting any alts to 90 now, is even once I get to 90, I know full well it would then just be more and more grinding daily quests, day after day, to get anything worthwhile on those alts, and having done that kind of daily quest grind on my main, main alt and another one, I just can't do it.

For all mists promise, it feels like the most unfriendly in terms of what it offers your alts, far to much grinding.
    That's true. You don't have much variation at all.

It's the 5th time I had to endure the freaking vermin.
    Yaungol and several other races have to come yet.

It's ashame there is nothing dynamic about the leveling process that might keep it new or fresh (besides being horde once and alliance once). I actually found it fun and entertaining the first time through in MoP, but I can also tell I will never do it again - even with 2 85s - It would be pretty torturous getting them to 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hnlntm View Post
    Don't think of it as leveling, but more as farming. When I'm low on gold I level a toon. :-)
    Me too, that's my main source of income actually.

But still I am doing it to level mainly. But good tip.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've managed to level 4 characters to 90, got 5 characters at 85 and 5 at 80 waiting for them to do something about the exp required for 85-90 (either by heirlooms, or whatever) before I even attempt to level them. Pandaria is just so tedious. It all looks pretty much the same (if you compare it to cata zones, for example, which were vastly different which at least made it a bit more refreshing). The only zone I find that looks remotely different to the rest is Dread Wastes.

do some pvp, it is a very welcome change, i have done that on my warlock.

i opted out wsg and some other bg, cuz they are sooooo old and very little xp. and with the honor you gain, you can use for honor gear. thats good for your itemlvl.

I have grinded 6 chars to lvl 90 and the last two were so boring that I had to change some things:

- Chars FULLY rested and with weapons 450 from The Relic hunter
    - Went to kill rares with rested = tons of XP (880k in dread wastes)
    - Went to find pandaria riches = gold + XP
    - Went to camp some items which are part of the achievement for the title The Relic Hunter (880k XP dread wasted ones)
    - Did LFD with rested and the boost in reputation with the sunreaver onslaught

That made the leveling experience a little more bearable.

I felt the same way on my 4th 90 but on my 5th I got the Dread Waste BoA 2H sword and it felt like a breeze leveling my 5th. I'm on my 6th now and again I'm using a Dread Waste BoA weapon and it feels much easier/faster than my previous grinds.

Deleted
    It's insane how long it takes. Especially the latter half of 85-90. Thankfully now whit darkmoon faire if u ride darkmoon carousel u get 10% xp buff for one hour helps a bit. It was totally retarded idea from Blizzard to do this. First they make leveling alts easy in Wotlk and Cataclym and then swap back to old. It just fucking doesnt work good that way that first they make it easier and then again tedious.

Problem with BG leveling is they nuked the exp you get from AV a while back and never returned it, which was really the only BG that gave a decent XP value.