Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    Was your first clue to me being a hunter my picture of a DK? I like how now that I've called you on your rating you've completely dropped the subject and accused me of attacking you when all I did was defend myself as aggressively as you did.
    My ratings are higher than yours, which isn't all that hard. That being said, you apparently missed the whole "Playing with" a hunter part. And if it's about avatars, I have Jacky in mine, does that mean I am him? Because by your logic it does!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Definitely not interruptable by every class. For instance, a mage or hunter or another lock can only silence you every 24 seconds. It also doesn't hit ANYWHERE near 300k. At all. In this clip, Power Shot didn't even solo kill the mage that was at 70-80%. He was able to blink strike afterwards, which is what helped kill the mage. And Powershot is almost as interruptable, anyway. Disarms, stuns, cc's all break the cast. If Rapid Fire isn't up, the cast time is atrocious. LoS him.

You're all complaining about the wrong things. How about the 9k main stat proc trinket that he used?
    In one of his other videos it hit a rogue who had nearly 67% pvp defense for 250k~ followed by a blink strike in the same gcd insta gibbing him from 100% to 0%. This is not okay in any kind of way and without the trinket procc it wouldn't have hit so hard, then he might've had to use his execute immediatly after the first two attacks to land a kill.

Definitely not interruptable by every class. For instance, a mage or hunter or another lock can only silence you every 24 seconds. It also doesn't hit ANYWHERE near 300k. At all. In this clip, Power Shot didn't even solo kill the mage that was at 70-80%. He was able to blink strike afterwards, which is what helped kill the mage. And Powershot is almost as interruptable, anyway. Disarms, stuns, cc's all break the cast. If Rapid Fire isn't up, the cast time is atrocious. LoS him.

You're all complaining about the wrong things. How about the 9k main stat proc trinket that he used?
    Every class has other CCs that'll interrupt the lock's cast. Fear, Polymorph, stuns, disorients, etc. And you have more than 2 seconds in which to react to it, and more than 3 if you have a cast time debuff on the lock.

Pets critting for almost 200k with instant abilities are NOT the same as Chaos Bolt.

First of all the trinket is fucked up, yeah, however i havent seen any other class global people. Is it indicative of opness, no, is it indicative wether or not hunters can do ridiculous dmg to begin with yeah. Also this hunter may be a multiglad but he had the time to just clicky the mage, anyone can do that there is no real skill involved.

The forum is mostly about the pet critting but also about getting instagibbed by hunters with powershot. I find it funny you say "power shot didnt even solo kill the mage that was at 70-80%". What do you mean didn´t even, no ability does this damage. I remember demo wlocks were op at the start of mop and if i was really lucky i could with both pets up and dark soul and trinket hit people for 150k~ twice in 2 globals. This was nerfed for obvious reasons so whats different here. As far as i know for classes like rogues that can open the trinket is bis so people will use it.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Every class has other CCs that'll interrupt the lock's cast. Fear, Polymorph, stuns, disorients, etc. And you have more than 2 seconds in which to react to it, and more than 3 if you have a cast time debuff on the lock.

Pets critting for almost 200k with instant abilities are NOT the same as Chaos Bolt.
    People were bitching about powershot. How bout you don't leave the pet in Cornered range? Either don't attack his pet, or actually it. That's even worse than complaining about powershot.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    First of all the trinket is fucked up, yeah, however i havent seen any other class global people. Is it indicative of opness, no, is it indicative wether or not hunters can do ridiculous dmg to begin with yeah. Also this hunter may be a multiglad but he had the time to just clicky the mage, anyone can do that there is no real skill involved.

The forum is mostly about the pet critting but also about getting instagibbed by hunters with powershot. I find it funny you say "power shot didnt even solo kill the mage that was at 70-80%". What do you mean didn´t even, no ability does this damage. I remember demo wlocks were op at the start of mop and if i was really lucky i could with both pets up and dark soul and trinket hit people for 150k~ twice in 2 globals. This was nerfed for obvious reasons so whats different here. As far as i know for classes like rogues that can open the trinket is bis so people will use it.
    The difference is that Powershot has a one-minute cooldown and doesn't automatically crit. Most of the time, with cooldowns up, powershot will hit for ~65-70k.

Doesn't matter, anyway. Blizzard is changing the subpar powershot next patch anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    My ratings are higher than yours, which isn't all that hard. That being said, you apparently missed the whole "Playing with" a hunter part. And if it's about avatars, I have Jacky in mine, does that mean I am him? Because by your logic it does!

In one of his other videos it hit a rogue who had nearly 67% pvp defense for 250k~ followed by a blink strike in the same gcd insta gibbing him from 100% to 0%. This is not okay in any kind of way and without the trinket procc it wouldn't have hit so hard, then he might've had to use his execute immediatly after the first two attacks to land a kill.
    Link please? Because that isn't even possible. There's no way his hits for literally 100% more damage than mine does. Also, that just makes the rogue an idiot. Why didn't he pop evasion or combat readiness when the hunter popped his CD's?
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-04-10 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    How many times, a fucking spell for a class that requires resources and is interruptable by every, yes every class in game is not the same as a 300k+ hit in a global that cannot be spellinterrupted or silenced and can be shot twice in 6 seconds. Get over it............

This damage is stupid, I know I am biased cause i play wlock and sp in arena but no amount of anything makes hunter dmg remotely ok. I heard someone say that he hopes the pve trinkets get nerfed soon so hunters cant hide behind use of these to explain their damage. Also the whole amount of gap closers, openers and insta cc plus on demand burst that can be reset on demand is shite.

On ptr powershot reliability is going to get nerfed lets hope it makes it to live.
    I just leveled a lock to 90 , got crafted PvP gear and i am raping people in arena. How easy it is to get embers and you get 1 standard, so whats the problem? Get your trinket to proc , pop PvP trinket, and kill.
    Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    I just leveled a lock to 90 , got crafted PvP gear and i am raping people in arena. How easy it is to get embers and you get 1 standard, so whats the problem? Get your trinket to proc , pop PvP trinket, and kill.
    What rating?

Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Happy for my tyrannical i entered 2v2 arena to own something and a warrior charged at me and while i had the upper hand (waited for cds to counter him) he suddenly "oneshot" me. I mean seriously. I had my finger ready on bubble but he killed me SO FAST, i mean within a GCD. I dont know that is possible and i didnt check combat log, because by then i already deleted this game. I think dragons roar were involved, not comparable to a pet but its in the same caterogy of things that shouldnt be that crazy.

Game is balanced around 3v3 etc.
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-04-10 at 12:05 PM.
    Dear god forgive me for preordering WOD. That is the most retarded thing ive ever done in my 24 years of life.

Shall we just stop comparing chaos bolt with power shot? Aside from being able to crit hard, both abilities are completely different.
    Also, the thread is about blink strike hitting like a truck, not about the power shot.

Highest blink strike ive seen in arena was 93k, all buffs and tricks of the trade and his pet claw crit 40k. No idea if he had shado pan trinket or not but average blink strike is around 70k dmg, doesnt seem so bad considering all buffs but pretty damn hard hits for a pet

As the other thread was closed, here is a new video demonstrating the power of hunter in very skilled hands curteousy of Kettu.

Note to the mods, linking a video on youtube is advertising now? Some A++++ moderating, go and ban every kungen video and every other pvp video, all the hydra videos and all the tactics videos.

I was simply linking a video which showed the damage and potential of hunters.
    Last edited by Morrissey; 2013-04-11 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    This is Offtopic, but have you played uh dk or warrior holy paladin. It is literally impossible to go ham, and I just eat embers for healing. 3´s is fine but in 2´s cb is just utter shit.

High Overlord I-like-chocolate-milk's Avatar
    its funny as his pet alone did more dmg than the dk

Now since the trinket has been fixed for pvp is this now 'fixed'? Or do they still hit hard?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Full mastery gems + double pve trinket so ofc pet crits that much. That hunter has only 62% resilience --> he takes 18.75% more damage than resi gemmed hunter with 68% resi so it should be easy target.
    Of course! what were we thinking, once you get the full mastery gems, and double PvE trinket, 1 shotting people is of course what we should expect and totally acceptable and normal... Now back to reality, who thinks this is ok other than hunters and their partners? This is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Now since the trinket has been fixed for pvp is this now 'fixed'? Or do they still hit hard?
    It's still going to make you hit like a truck, just a smaller kind of truck... They should just reduce the proc rate of PvE trinkets to 0% in PvP imo.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Of course! what were we thinking, once you get the full mastery gems, and double PvE trinket, 1 shotting people is of course what we should expect and totally acceptable and normal... Now back to reality, who thinks this is ok other than hunters and their partners? This is retarded.
    Should probably learn what Cornered does, and not leave the pet that low. Also, yes, he sacrificed tons of resilience. If his burst had not worked, which it shouldn't have, he would have gotten his face kicked in.

How does linking a video which demonstrates pvp damage qualify as 'advertising'? I was simply adding to discussion whilst showing the power of the class.

Some really nice moderation on this forum(/s), but it seems that obviously it got the point across. Since these discussions started pve trinkets AND powershot has been nerfed.

It shows Blizzard are playing very active attention to the community , which is nice to see.
    Last edited by Morrissey; 2013-04-11 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's still going to make you hit like a truck, just a smaller kind of truck... They should just reduce the proc rate of PvE trinkets to 0% in PvP imo.
    Ya I'm not sure why they thought this was a better fix than the fix they did for RPPM trinkets by just reducing the proc rate to almost nothing: that fix worked just fine.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The only reason hunters are able to net such ridiculous numbers is because of their pvp 4 piece giving them a lot of pvp power. Rapid fire is already a very strong cd, adding that bonus pvp power is insanely overkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Welp, they've nerfed hunter burst alot, (on 5.3 ptr obviously) let's hope they do the same for other classes and don't leave hunters in the dust this season :/
    edit: particuarly warrior cooldown stacking (buff sustained) ret paladin burst (buff sustained, inc pattern) enh/ele shaman ascendance (buff the sustained and maybe add some survivablity/utility) rogue burst in shadow dance (they have good sustained already imo but the shadow dance damage is pretty exessive this season, with shadow blades it's like 4.3 all over again...) frost mage burst is still pretty crazy, but not as bad as pre-frost bomb nerfs, boomkins have surprisingly gotten pretty strong this patch, not so much in damage (although they do have an excessive amount of cooldowns) but in healing/utility, but hey boomkins aren't that prevalent and aren't strong very often so i don't mind , DK damage definitally, they're one of the worst right now, i got hit (yes hit) for a 120k obliterate in 2's earlier, the main problem with that was the PvE trinket which recently got nerfed, but even before that they were still crazy.
    Last edited by Hunterpower; 2013-04-12 at 02:47 AM.