Deleted

Shado-Pan DPS Trinket

Hey, I just have a question about the shado pan DPS trinket if I should redot when it procs or do it when the procc is about to end.
    I have had it procced just right after I put my dots up and sometimes it proccs when the dots are about to end.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they changed the way procs works long ago, so it doesn't matter when you throw your dots. The dmg is calculated continuosly, so whenever the dot is about to tick, it will look at your current stats.

All in all - don't worry about it. Just focus on optimal rotation for your spec, and you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    I'm pretty sure they changed the way procs works long ago, so it doesn't matter when you throw your dots. The dmg is calculated continuosly, so whenever the dot is about to tick, it will look at your current stats.

All in all - don't worry about it. Just focus on optimal rotation for your spec, and you'll be fine
    Thats only true for a certain dots with with dynamic updates.
    Alot of dots, Spriests, Locks, Moonkins, etc have snapshot damage when their dots are applied.

So yes, when you get a trinket proc with massive damage increase, refresh your dots.
    As long as it doesn't interfere with Mind Blast, SW: D and Insanity
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Ya a single proc probably isn't worth the gcd in most cases (have not done math on your specific trinket question but as a general rule), but 2 or 3 procs up at the same time it definitely is. Weak Aura's ftw

I haven't done any Simcraft testing, but what I do is
    - refresh SWP as soon as it procs (and not losing MFI ticks if I'm specced for that), as refreshing SWP isn't much of a DPS loss
    - refresh VT as normal, but making sure I refresh at least once during the proc
    - another SWP refresh in the last 0.5s of the proc
    - remember not to spam SWP on movement after that!

VT refreshes are not great to have to do, and since the proc is such a short duration doing 2 DOT refreshes buys you at most an extra 8.5s or so of ticks compared to a single refresh (less in practice because of reaction time), while costing you more GCDs that could be used on MF with the proc up.

If anyone has bothered simming this I would be very interested to see the results.