Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    Horde warships, not sure why we never see any ingame aside from the troll ones in Isle of Giants and Isle of Thunder.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Destroyer
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Juggernaught

Oh right, we do see one in-game in the deadmines. The ship at the end is one. Imagine one of those with the new Horde redesign. 2-3 would rape Stormwind from the coast! Or since WoW doesn't give two shits and a fuck about physics and logic, turn them into their new airships(Ofcourse they would be designed to be a bit more logical). Propel them with cannon fire!

The boat in Deadmines is actually a juggernaught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Oh sure, bring up the nuke option. I'll be remembering that as we burn oggrimar to the ground. You might be going there to overthrow a warlord, i'm going there for payback.

Also, I think I remember you having to sacrifice that airship in the blast because it wasn't fast enough to get away... Anyway, I would expect all alliance cities to be defended by stronger air defenses this time around since we know how far you are willing to go.
    Except the horde don't have a mana bomb anymore. The old one was powered by the focusing iris; the horde no longer has that. The only other mana bombs seen was the one that blew up the Cenarion Circle camp in terrokar, and, while lethal, wasn't destructive, and the one at Firewing point, which looks like it took quite a time to charge up.

If anything, the Alliance should invest in more of the All-terrain Submarines and Airships. The Submarines are nigh-indestructible (saddle em with some rockets and you've got one of the most powerful war machines ever seen in WoW,) and the Skyfire has already proved itself to be a wrecking machine all on its own.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-04-08 at 08:01 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Alliance needs to start using Nukes as payback for the mana bomb. And by nukes I mean trashcans filled with leper gnomes and dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except the horde don't have a mana bomb anymore. The old one was powered by the focusing iris; the horde no longer has that. The only other mana bombs seen was the one that blew up the Cenarion Circle camp in terrokar, and, while lethal, wasn't destructive, and the one at Firewing point, which looks like it took quite a time to charge up.
    They have the knowledge and the resources to build these things en masse if they chose to, the sunwell is back after all. The average Manabomb is not nearly as lethal as the one used in Theramore, but still quite deadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    What happened to the riding turtles and the juggernaughts the Horde had?
    The tuskarr stole your turtles and the Defias Brotherhood stole your juggernauts. Look closely at the ship inside the Deadmines, it is a juggernaut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    You forgot about those giant gnomish seafloor crawlers. They nearly overwhelmed and wiped out Domination Point.

You probably wont see any new or improved Ally war machines for a long time, because they don't have anything to fight.

Battle in the air? Your airships are effectively indestructible, Horde airships can be wiped out by a few infantry (Gilneas).

Battle at sea? Once again, your ships are indestructible. According to the quest text, the Horde at DP have been blowing up the ammo on those same two ships every few days without sinking or even seriously damaging them. Horde ships are mostly unarmed transports, we have no warships. The crew has to shoot the enemy ships with hand weapons. The only exception are Forsaken warships, which are rarely seen.

Battle on ground? Ally have steam and spider tanks. Horde have self propelled catapults (the forsaken one and the demolisher). Anti-infantry weapons, basically. The poor steam tank has no worthy enemies to fight.
    Next step: making all machines invisible and able to regenerate damage using night elf technology.

What does your Krakken have on us now Horde?!?!
    Horde warships, not sure why we never see any ingame aside from the troll ones in Isle of Giants and Isle of Thunder.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Destroyer
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Juggernaught

Oh right, we do see one in-game in the deadmines. The ship at the end is one. Imagine one of those with the new Horde redesign. 2-3 would rape Stormwind from the coast! Or since WoW doesn't give two shits and a fuck about physics and logic, turn them into their new airships(Ofcourse they would be designed to be a bit more logical). Propel them with cannon fire!
    You know, that's a good point. Where are all the blood elven ships in the battle? I mean there were a bunch of them around there when we saved Quel'Danas, so there must be a few left, so why aren't they in the battle? I'm sure they could be manned with other Horde members if there's not enough blood elves.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-04-08 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    night elf technology.
    Silly you, Night Elves are one of the most backwater nations in technology.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Silly you, Night Elves are one of the most backwater nations in technology.
    well i guess they make that up with just magic
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    They are primitive even in magic field.

Seriously, the isolation turned them into joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    And trees.

Deleted
    Well well well, the Alliance have 3 variations of battleships while the Horde only has 1 and still the Alliance fans find a way to complain. Yeah, nothing new here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well well well, the Alliance have 3 variations of battleships while the Horde only has 1 and still the Alliance fans find a way to complain. Yeah, nothing new here.
    3, actually, the forsaken and blood elves have their own ship models.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a magic/steam powered ship would have more manuverability than a sail ship. But if a bunch of mages can move Dalaran, despite the number of mages never being given than I'm sure some mages/shammies can make a ship move. Hell, why do we not have Shamans controlling the wind with some elementals?
    you think magic would work fine, i think it wouldn't. /shrug

controlling the wind might be problematic because there are often several allied ships close by that might not want to move in the same direction, so the wind would have to be controlled very locally.

and remember, shamans and mages and the like who are as powerful and skilled as named NPCs or players are, lorewise, very, very rare.

but then again: all this is assuming there is actually a reasoning behind these things, which most likely isn't the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before Wrath the Horde fleet would be mainly of foresaken vessels that you see in the gilneas area. Wrath really brought technology forward for both Horde and Alliance because we seen new Horde and Alliance architecture, airships, Horde warships etc

So really the Horde currently has 3, the main ships that you see a lot now (orcish themed) the foresaken and the blood elf ships which really don't get any on screen time. We first seen them in 2.4 and have only recently seen them again in 5.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    3, actually, the forsaken and blood elves have their own ship models.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Forsaken ship. Still, the Blood Elf ship is shared with the Silver Covenant, who are Alliance.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Forsaken ship. Still, the Blood Elf ship is shared with the Silver Covenant, who are Alliance.
    So is the forsaken ship a recolor of 2 models of alliance ships.
    Also, to add, goblins have ships/frigates too. So goblins and blood elfs have ships, while Draenei (exodar not counted) and Worgen (they dont have any more questing zones beside gilneas too, thanks blizzard!) don't . Lame, isnt it?
    So, add this to the horde ships, wich makes the horde the winner in number of ship models, wich probably isnt surprise to anyone, since blizzard couldn't care less for the alliance.
    Where is your Warchief now?
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2013-04-08 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Just needed to add some more facts.