Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192

    The Alliance not utilizing new tech(Battleships)

    I'm talking about the icebreakers they are more than likely faster and stronger than their sail boat friends.
    Yes they were made to get past the ice in Northrend but these things have a lot more potential than just that. Why does the Alliance not give them the overhaul they gave their current navy boats?


    The icebreaker

    Yes it doesn't have as much cannon space as the other ones but they're still faster. Yes they have metal on them which makes them slower but...so does the current Alliance battleship




    Now combine these two designs and add some more metal and you've got a massive death machine. Add some mortars on the deck to shell the Horde while they're out of cannon range and you're golden.

    I personally think the Alliance(Blizzard) could have done better at giving the Alliance kick-ass war technology. I do like our airships and the fact that they don't get blown up everytime they make an appearance.

    So to recap:
    Current naval ship design + icebreaker influence(The steam engine being the biggest) + see through windows + mortars + a crap ton of cannons.

  2. #2
    Dude, you already have kick ass massive death machines. The Horde ships don't even have guns on them. Sure, you could make them more powerful, but how much more power do you need to slaughter unarmed orc boats and airships that explode the moment you look at them?

  3. #3
    those are not battleships. they are heavy ships made to travel through frozen waters because ice damages normal ships. pandaria's waters are not frozen, so there's no need to use those heavy ships.

    the ships with cannons are better for war.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Dude, you already have kick ass massive death machines. The Horde ships don't even have guns on them. Sure, you could make them more powerful, but how much more power do you need to slaughter unarmed orc boats and airships that explode the moment you look at them?
    Lots more powerful. Horde war machines suck because every cut they make makes me think the Horde has no measuring tools. but that's beside the point. Size is not an issue because we have fucking massive ships IRL. The Alliance needs more death machines instead of sending these soldiers in that lorewise, takes about 3-4 to kill an orc or Tauren. I'm sure I can come up with a kick-ass Horde warship too.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 06:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    those are not battleships. they are heavy ships made to travel through frozen waters because ice damages normal ships. pandaria's waters are not frozen, so there's no need to use those heavy ships.

    the ships with cannons are better for war.
    Something tells me you skipped the majority of reading in the OP. I'm talking about using the steam engines mostly.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 06:41 PM ----------

    Could a moderator change the thread title to something more attention grabbing like "The Alliance navy"?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    The Alliance needs more death machines instead of sending these soldiers in that lorewise, takes about 3-4 to kill an orc or Tauren.
    It doesn't, really.

    OT: It seems more like their current battleships are a mix of their classic vessels and the icebreakers. The steam engines would likely be a good addition, I agree, but perhaps it was a supply issue.

    Also, it seems that for the ass-kicking they were getting in Cataclysm, the Alliance has weathered the Pandaria Campaign relatively well.
    Ultraxion yells: I am the beginning of buttonclickers...the button which blots out my wipe mechanic...the click which tolls my doom...
    Ultraxion yells: For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your button, mortals, and click!

  6. #6
    What happened to the riding turtles and the juggernaughts the Horde had?

  7. #7
    You forgot about those giant gnomish seafloor crawlers. They nearly overwhelmed and wiped out Domination Point.

    You probably wont see any new or improved Ally war machines for a long time, because they don't have anything to fight.

    Battle in the air? Your airships are effectively indestructible, Horde airships can be wiped out by a few infantry (Gilneas).

    Battle at sea? Once again, your ships are indestructible. According to the quest text, the Horde at DP have been blowing up the ammo on those same two ships every few days without sinking or even seriously damaging them. Horde ships are mostly unarmed transports, we have no warships. The crew has to shoot the enemy ships with hand weapons. The only exception are Forsaken warships, which are rarely seen.

    Battle on ground? Ally have steam and spider tanks. Horde have self propelled catapults (the forsaken one and the demolisher). Anti-infantry weapons, basically. The poor steam tank has no worthy enemies to fight.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-04-08 at 02:27 AM.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    It doesn't, really.

    OT: It seems more like their current battleships are a mix of their classic vessels and the icebreakers. The steam engines would likely be a good addition, I agree, but perhaps it was a supply issue.

    Also, it seems that for the ass-kicking they were getting in Cataclysm, the Alliance has weathered the Pandaria Campaign relatively well.
    I just think giving the Alliance some more war machines would help the wounds the playerbase recieved during Cata. The Horde looks bad ass in almost every aspect and then the Alliance looks like Blizzard forgot the Alliance had a military and had to scrap some armor and weapons together. I think the Alliance needs to utilize the technology they have right now. Also I don't believe resources are the issue. If the Horde can collect all that metal to raise their army and buildings then I think the Alliance could easily collect enough metal for some ships.

  9. #9
    While that would be a kick ass warship, they already surpassed it. Flying carriers??? Hell yes! Air power reigns supreme in warfare and the alliance currently has air power in spades. As the alliance start zone for pandaria shows air strikes launched from a single carrier decimated a fleet of horde warships.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    What happened to the riding turtles and the juggernaughts the Horde had?
    I assume there all fighting those Massive naval battles out in the ocean that Garrosh and Varian were talking about in the in-game cinematic before you get on your respective air ship to Pandaria.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    You forgot about those giant gnomish seafloor crawlers. They nearly overwhelmed and wiped out Domination Point.

    You probably wont see any new or improved Ally war machines for a long time, because they don't have anything to fight.

    Battle in the air? Your airships are effectively indestructible, Horde airships can be wiped out by a few infantry (Gilneas).

    Battle at sea? Once again, your ships are indestructible. According to the quest text, the Horde at DP have been blowing up the ammo on those same two ships every few days without sinking or even seriously damaging them. Horde ships are mostly unarmed transports, we have no warships. The crew has to shoot the enemy ships with hand weapons. The only exception are Forsaken warships, which are rarely seen.

    Battle on ground? Ally have steam and spider tanks. Horde have self propelled catapults (the forsaken one and the demolisher). Anti-infantry weapons, basically. The poor steam tank has no worthy enemies to fight.
    Hmm, good point. Haven't the slighest clue what you mean by seafloor crawlers. I know about the docked submarine though if that's what you're referring too. I think lorewise the ships off the coast of Karsang only got blown up once considering they blew up all their ammo. If they want back to the Alliance base(The name escapes me) they would have been repaired.

  12. #12
    Banned Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    7,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    You forgot about those giant gnomish seafloor crawlers. They nearly overwhelmed and wiped out Domination Point.

    You probably wont see any new or improved Ally war machines for a long time, because they don't have anything to fight.

    Battle in the air? Your airships are effectively indestructible, Horde airships can be wiped out by a few infantry (Gilneas).

    Battle at sea? Once again, your ships are indestructible. According to the quest text, the Horde at DP have been blowing up the ammo on those same two ships every few days without sinking or even seriously damaging them. Horde ships are mostly unarmed transports, we have no warships. The crew has to shoot the enemy ships with hand weapons. The only exception are Forsaken warships, which are rarely seen.

    Battle on ground? Ally have steam and spider tanks. Horde have self propelled catapults (the forsaken one and the demolisher). Anti-infantry weapons, basically. The poor steam tank has no worthy enemies to fight.
    spider tanks?

  13. #13
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    While that would be a kick ass warship, they already surpassed it. Flying carriers??? Hell yes! Air power reigns supreme in warfare and the alliance currently has air power in spades. As the alliance start zone for pandaria shows air strikes launched from a single carrier decimated a fleet of horde warships.
    Hmm, I keep forgetting about the airship's power. Can we give the Alliance more airships? Or give the Horde one to rival it. It makes me sad every time(About 3 or 4 now) I see an airship destroyed.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 07:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    spider tanks?
    You see them with lasers and rockets


    Though they are useless in-game, they probably cut through infantry like butter.

  14. #14
    Banned Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    7,811
    i want to see an actual fleet of alliance ships off the coast of orgrimmar for the raid main battle ships and aircraft alike maybe even throw in subs and a true aircraft carrier

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    Hmm, I keep forgetting about the airship's power. Can we give the Alliance more airships? Or give the Horde one to rival it. It makes me sad every time(About 3 or 4 now) I see an airship destroyed.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 07:33 PM ----------



    You see them with lasers and rockets


    Though they are useless in-game, they probably cut through infantry like butter.
    Yeah, the whole blimp airship thing isn't as intimidating as the horde seem to think they are. When your war machine can be taken down with a well placed needle you might need to rethink your military strategy.

    As for the alliance definitely throw all your military funding to more air-carriers. Those things ROCK!

  16. #16
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Horde warships, not sure why we never see any ingame aside from the troll ones in Isle of Giants and Isle of Thunder.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Destroyer
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Juggernaught

    Oh right, we do see one in-game in the deadmines. The ship at the end is one. Imagine one of those with the new Horde redesign. 2-3 would rape Stormwind from the coast! Or since WoW doesn't give two shits and a fuck about physics and logic, turn them into their new airships(Ofcourse they would be designed to be a bit more logical). Propel them with cannon fire!

  17. #17
    From the daily quest Another One Bites the Dust
    Ah! Look at them burn. These new Alliance craft require more to destroy them permanently however. I am sure they will have those fires out in a day or two.
    Also, swim down and look at the bottom of that "submarine" it has treads. In the Domination Point scenario it just traveled underwater then drove up and land right up to the gates and dished out a boat-load of Ally troops into the Horde base. It's the same as the one in Uldum.

  18. #18
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i want to see an actual fleet of alliance ships off the coast of orgrimmar for the raid main battle ships and aircraft alike maybe even throw in subs and a true aircraft carrier
    The alliance has 200 ships(From Varian in the Pandaria cut-scene "200 ships at my disposal and the one with my Son on it goes missing"). Send about half to Org and a mix of airships. Make them battle with the juggernauts.

  19. #19
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    What happened to the riding turtles and the juggernaughts the Horde had?
    the Defias Brotherhood stole them....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Yeah, the whole blimp airship thing isn't as intimidating as the horde seem to think they are. When your war machine can be taken down with a well placed needle you might need to rethink your military strategy.

    As for the alliance definitely throw all your military funding to more air-carriers. Those things ROCK!
    meh...seemed to work quite nicely against theramore
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •