Deleted

14 JP for 624 rep?

Hello. I'm just wondering something here because this seems odd to me. I am going out and getting exalted with certain factions, one of which is the Wyrmrest Accord. I don't recall how much Justice Points you got for doing tasks back in Wrath, so this might just be due to an inflation of numbers, but I just got exalted VERY quickly due to commendations sold in Dalaran for 14 Justice Points. My questions, as I don't remember, were JP's at a lower scale, number wise, compared to nowadays? And were you able to purchase these commendations back in Wrath? They are just incredibly cheap and thus getting to exalted is very easy.

Thank you.

Deleted
    At the end, yes, don't know if they were that cheap back those days

Deleted
    You got alot less JP in the past

I believe it was something along the lines of 1-2 JP per heroic boss.

there were no justice points in wrath, just emblems. when stuff got converted, the emblem stuff got awefully cheap.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those didn't exist in Wrath. You had to do dailies/tabards/quests to get rep. The commendations were added in Cata.

As to the JP cost, yeah, they are extremely low, but then Blizz is sometimes a bit inconsistent with the price that add to things.

For instance, look at the BC S1-S3 PvP gear you can buy for xmog. The 3 bigger slots cost 1000 HP, and the 2 smaller slots cost 750 HP. But then S4, which has a higher iLvL for people actually interested in PvP at 70? It is only about ~10% of the HP. In fact, you can almost get an entire full set of S4 for the same cost as a single chest, helm, or leg of S1-S3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    there were no justice points in wrath, just emblems. when stuff got converted, the emblem stuff got awefully cheap.
    Heirlooms got awefully expensive.

I remember purchasing those commendations in Wrath, so yes, you could buy them back then.

As for the currency I honestly can't remember! I know there weren't any Valor Points, there were Frost Emblems instead, but I can't recall what you needed to buy those commendations sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Heirlooms got awefully expensive.
    Yeah! I am so glad I bought all of the ones that were offered back then before they became expensive lol.

It's just a consequence of the change from emblems to vp/jp, they were added late in wrath to have something to use extra frost emblems from raiding on/ getting rep gear/enchants for alts.
    No bid deal anymore, unlocking the dalies was a lot more interesting in wrath anyways

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    It's just a consequence of the change from emblems to vp/jp, they were added late in wrath to have something to use extra frost emblems from raiding on/ getting rep gear/enchants for alts.
    No bid deal anymore, unlocking the dalies was a lot more interesting in wrath anyways
    It really wasn't any more interesting and the Argent Tournament ones are still some of the most grindy . And these things were bought with Emblems of Triumph I think.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    I remember purchasing those commendations in Wrath, so yes, you could buy them back then.

As for the currency I honestly can't remember! I know there weren't any Valor Points, there were Frost Emblems instead, but I can't recall what you needed to buy those commendations sorry!
    Huh, so they were. Wowhead shows them in patch 3.0.2 (They were originally only 250 rep per, as well). I guess back then when they actually cost emblems (And way more than the trivial amount the current JP cost would indicate) I just ignored them in favor of more useful things. Tabards/dailies were fine with hitting exalted after all.

And yeah, things cost emblems, which was just the Wrath version of the badges from BC, since justice/valor didn't exist. And many of the things you could buy, like heirlooms, took a crap ton of them, so when 3.3 came along, you could get Crusader and buy them significantly cheaper and easier with the Champion Seals.

That was added very late into the expac