15+ Year Old Account

Curser 'wondering off'

Hey,

Just had a new Deathadder 3500 turn up in the post, and thought "what they heck" and plugged it into my work computer, every now and then the curser seems to just wonder off even when I'm not touching the mouse. Can I account this to the lack of a mouse mat at work and the fact I'm just using the mouse on a shiny desk? When I take it home I'm all mouse matted up so hopefully won't be a problem there =)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible. There might also be dust or something under/on the lens.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Update drivers
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

shiny desk without much grain and no mousepad. There are not much mice out there that perform flawless on this setup.

Deleted
    Cat hairs have this magical effect of making the mouse wander off in all direction if it gets stuck on the lens. But it could also be a hanging cord "pulling" the mouse away or a slightly uneven desk making it glide. Put something that doesn't reflect the light back into the lens, a cloth would do the trick and see if it persist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Cat hairs have this magical effect of making the mouse wander off in all direction
    And what do you know about cats?

...oh.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll try the drivers, the real test will be when i take it home after work and try it on my surface there =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    And what do you know about cats?

[IMG]http://www.mmo-champion.com/customavatars/avatar616808_8.gif[/ IMG]

...oh.
    Haha!

The Cheshire cat knows everything cat!

Edit: Sneaky namechange is sneaky.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-04-08 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    Early firmware issues with the Naos 5000 (the mouse I have) caused ghost movement as well. A firmware update eliminated the issue. As others have said, dust or other particles on the sensor lens can cause similar behavior.

As such, updating the software might only do so much - you need to actually update the firmware on the mouse to fix the issue.

Sounds to me like a bad product, if you know your mouse can contain such issues, you need to get it fixed before it hits the market.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 mouses, one wired one and one wireless, sometimes very rarely my wirless mouse moves and messes me up, this could be it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

My advice is that you contact with highly qualified & technical online computer support team to get rid of your problem.