Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Should lorthemar theron be crowned?

How long will he continue to be the regent lord? And i dont think any blood elf waits for a sunstrider family member.

Deleted
    Yeah I thought the same thing, I'm not really up to scratch on the blood elf law, but how do they decide when or if there should be a new king? is there anybody left who can claim the crown by right?

As far as we know, there aren't any Sunstriders left. Halduron is urging Theron to take the crown, but Lor'themar doesn't like ruling. Going to King is a giant leap for the already reluctant Regent Lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Because he is the prettiest princess there ever was.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Yes. Because he is the prettiest princess there ever was.
    Bet he's manlier than you are

Edit: I know he's trolling but I'm bored

Lets go ahead and skip ruling the Blood Elves and jump straight to Warchief of the Horde.

Nobody rules by right of succession, unless they feel like asspulling some Sunstrider bastard of Kael'thas. The monarchy in Quel'thalas was never an absolute one anyway, the closest it was to that was under Kael'thas himself. Who made Dath'remar king? Dath'remar, basically. His line is ended; I do think it's time for Lor'themar to either claim the throne as his own, or to endorse someone else as King or Queen over Quel'thalas.

I don't think any of the Horde races would be bothered, even Garrosh would give him royal honors (albeit as contemptuously and dismissively as he does anyone else who is owed them, and probably a bit suspiciously if he has any inclination of how his Horde is tattered).

I don't know what the Alliance races would make of it. I bet Vereesa would throw the predictable Vereesa hissy-fit, but... look, there is no argument that Kael'thas was a legitimate ruler and that Lor'themar's appointment was therefore legitimate. Any real claim that Lor'themar's claim to the throne was unjust or a usurpation would require that there be someone whose claim is more legitimate. Who precisely would that be? Aside from any puling from Baby Windrunner, though, I think Varian would acknowledge Lor'themar and I bet even Jaina would be forced to, because, again, the Kirin Tor's diplomatic credibility would be based on renouncing basically the entire Sunstrider legacy with which they had been long standing allies.

Now, I doubt Lor'themar actually wants to be King. He would only claim the throne if he thought his people's survival depended on it. And even then his first instinct would probably be to back another, if there was one. Who would the people want, if not him? Liadrin is controversial. Halduron perhaps, they do seem to adore their Ranger-Generals. Alleria probably would merit a lot of popular support, but that would depend quite a bit on how she receives her country in return.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too soon really. Elves are pretty long-lived; moving on from the royal family your people have served for thousands of years to a brand new dynasty in the space of about a decade might not go over too well. The scars are too fresh.

I think Theron would make a good king though. He's a great leader and he's taken his position as a sobering experience, not a power trip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would Blood Elves even want to return to a monarchy? The last heir of the Sunstriders ended up being a class A douche, maybe it put them off for good.

Then there's the thing if Lor'themar even want to become king someday. He fears becoming as Kael'thas, but refusing the title doesn't necessary prevents that.

But maybe finally accepting the crown would send a message, that he is in for the long run and he is going the get shit done. Regent Lord sounds to much like a seat warmer title, and Quel'thalas really needs to feel united and with a solid power structure.

So, the crown could lead to a power trip for Lor'themar/feel tainted after Kale'thas betrayal, or would a new king raise morale for the blood elves and mark a new beginning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar can't be crowned as Kael'thas named Anasterian the Last King of Quel'thalas and Lor'themar and his court seem to be honouring that title and decision despite what they know of him. A question what one must ask themselves now then is what title could Lor'themar bestow upon himself? Lord is too generic and changing the government into a republic or democracy would never occur as the elves are far too long lived for that. Ten thousand years from now maybe but not now, not while this generation still lives and breathes.

One title Lor'themar can take since he is no longer a Regent Lord is Viceroy while publicly claiming that Anasterian, a monarch the blood elves still hold in high status, is the Eternal King of Quel'thalas despite being dead. The title of Viceroy or Vicereine could also be passed down or appointed however the blood elves saw fit.

I hope Lor'themar cements his position, he is a really good leader and it would be a shame to see him go. Though it is quite unlikely for him to become King, he really doesn't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems funny, few years ago, nobody could even spell his name. now he's dah shizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalzious View Post
    Lets go ahead and skip ruling the Blood Elves and jump straight to Warchief of the Horde.
    i'm with this but i don't think they would do it more than likely vol'jin or baine will be made warchief if thrall doesn't come back. i didn't really care that much about lothemar until 5.1 dude just became full blown bad ass all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Seems funny, few years ago, nobody could even spell his name. now he's dah shizzle.
    Well I liked him since his short story first won a contest, before that he barely had characterization^^. Though it is always staggering to see how people start to support someone the moment he does something ingame, the same happened with Vol'jin.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! He should def be crowned Regent Lord of Quelthalas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well I liked him since his short story first won a contest, before that he barely had characterization^^. Though it is always staggering to see how people start to support someone the moment he does something ingame, the same happened with Vol'jin.
    Whats the nicest way of putting this without being insulting to the masses... urm... people are sheep? They jump on whatever the latest craze is without any thought in the matter or looking at the larger picture. so yeah, sheep would be the right answer.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the nicest way of putting this without being insulting to the masses... urm... people are sheep? They jump on whatever the latest craze is without any thought in the matter or looking at the larger picture. so yeah, sheep would be the right answer.
    People like it when they give characters story that they can see and watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, are you saying that people should play it cool, and not get excited about character development until we've had a lot.

Sound good, if we hadn't have to wait 5 years.

Also you implicate that a recent development is in a way inferior in its impact, should we just disrregard any?

I fail to see what's the alternative that you propose, sweetcheeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas should become Queen of Quel'Thalas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    So, are you saying that people should play it cool, and not get excited about character development until we've had a lot.

Sound good, if we hadn't have to wait 5 years.

Also you implicate that a recent development is in a way inferior in its impact, should we just disrregard any?

I fail to see what's the alternative that you propose, sweetcheeks.
    Well sugartits, getting excited about a characters development who hasn't received any for years is all well and good. But people will blow it not just out of the water, but onto the shoreline and bounce it across several states to land in the presidents porcelain 'throne'. Because he suddenly had some character development, people are literally going overboard in believing this means impending warchiefdem for goldilocks.