help me to improve pls

this is my first time posting here in mmo-c also english is not my native language so bear my english

im playing assassination rogue, currently sitting at ~524 ilvl with enchanting and lw as prof

how do i improve my opener to burst up until 400k+ consistently so that i have higher sustain damage at the end?

currently what i do is pre-pot>stealth>mut>snd>sb>rupture>vendetta>spamming envenom until sb runs out>normal rotation

my guild's other rogues have about the same ilvl as me but he can do higher opening damages than me with eng and inscription as prof

couldnt link armory for privacy issue

thanks

That I can recall, my highest opening burst as assassination was on grand empress at ~499 item level was ~285k-ish. (note, I am not assassination main spec anymore because I generally dislike the spec).

I open like thus:
    prepot > stealth > mut > rup > dispatch (if blindside) / mut > SnD > pool, then vendetta+sb.

You should be able to do a 5pt envenom and a 5pt rupture before the initial 2-3pt rupture runs out thanks to the extra combo points from SB.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-04-08 at 11:45 AM.

yea i usually do 350+ for the opener

just wondering that my guildmate rogue can do that much higher burst with the same opener as mine

Deleted
    Let me guess, you have RPPM trinkets and they wear shado rep one + elegon upgraded bottle

For me, based on a simc rotation:

prepot > stealth > mut > snd > dispatch/mut > vendetta + vanish > mut > rupture (should be 4 or 5) > SB > continue normal rotation

I'm not sure why you're complaining that the other rogue (who has engineering) is beating you. Is that any surprise?

i have normal talisman+upgraded bottle

the other rogue have heroic bad juju+upgraded bottle

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    I'm not sure why you're complaining that the other rogue (who has engineering) is beating you. Is that any surprise?
    This^
    Although its probably not all of it, the synapse springs from engineering would give your fellow rogue a leg up on the initial burst. If you really want to see your initial damage rocket up there, pick up tailoring and engineering for the 4K AP proc + synapse springs.

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    For me, based on a simc rotation:

prepot > stealth > mut > snd > dispatch/mut > vendetta + vanish > mut > rupture (should be 4 or 5) > SB > continue normal rotation

well engineering should have the same EP as other profs (except BS)

maybe synapse did gives him the edge but im just wondering if there's any rotation in the opener that can give me a little bit more burst

Quote Originally Posted by mcrx View Post
    well engineering should have the same EP as other profs (except BS)

maybe synapse did gives him the edge but im just wondering if there's any rotation in the opener that can give me a little bit more burst
    Well like I said, my rotation is directly ported from simc, essentially you get snd + rupture up before popping cds to make the most of it. Any rogue should understand though that the opening DPS can vary massively depending on dispatch procs and crits. Sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without logs or an armory, which you've hidden for privacy, no one can add anything not covered here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-nitty-gritty - either in the OP or the discussion that follows. Openers are discussed in detail there.

On professions: while engineering has the same AVERAGE agility gain as other professions, it does it in burst that line up with every single one of your cooldowns - with engineering, you have CDs at 0m (everything) 1 (engi) 2 (engi/vendetta) 3 (engi/SB) 4 (engi/vendetta) 5 (engi) 6 (everything). This makes engineering significantly more valuable than other professions, which will provide the same bonus inside cooldowns as out.