Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue burst macro.

What is a macro I can make to kill people the fastest in a short amount of time?

I am a new rogue and cant seem to do more then tickle people, help me find my power!

Garrote or rupture for bleed
    Shadow dance
    On use trinket
    Ambush and evis at 5 combo points

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You can't macro rogue burst, Swifty.
    Like, should I have trink and shadowblades built into a shadowdance ambush spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    Like, should I have trink and shadowblades built into a shadowdance ambush spam?
    I have SD+gloves/on-use trink and SB+SD+on-use trinket/gloves on macros. You don't always want to SB with SD.

I have SD+gloves/on-use trink and SB+SD+on-use trinket/gloves on macros. You don't always want to SB with SD.
    Why???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    Why???????????
    SB+SD is huge burst. Sometimes you pop SD for control or you just want to get a trinket for your actual burst. SD is a 1m CD and SB is a 3m CD. You should manage them.

You can't macro rogue burst, Swifty.
    Yes you can, Rogues burst come from shadow dance. What do you do in shadow dance? 2x ambush > Eviscerate. Just sequence macro it and take cloak and shadow. Opener itself is part of rogue burst. Opener has always been a macro. Different variation all are made with macro. You don't manually press premeditation then click another skill.

Rogue burst is a combination of
    Opener Macro + Shadow Dance Macro or Manually + POP all your cd.

Rogue has the record of killing people in 4-6 sec with burst and that is not doable without macro.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-04-09 at 02:37 PM.

Might offer some insight for you.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-04-10 at 08:27 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Yes you can, Rogues burst come from shadow dance. What do you do in shadow dance? 2x ambush > Eviscerate. Just sequence macro it and take cloak and shadow. Opener itself is part of rogue burst. Opener has always been a macro. Different variation all are made with macro. You don't manually press premeditation then click another skill.

Rogue burst is a combination of
    Opener Macro + Shadow Dance Macro or Manually + POP all your cd.

Rogue has the record of killing people in 4-6 sec with burst and that is not doable without macro.
    There's a difference between macroing trinkets, premed, shadow blades, etc, and macroing your burst as a castsequence. Castsequences kill your flexibility and don't let you react to your opponent.

Deleted
    Rogues have never in their whole history had a 'kill macros' so why do people think they can make one now?

The simple fact is that Rogues r dependant on building combo points shouts loud and clear that macroing a 'kill macro' is impossible.

It is however possible to macro in a 'burst macro' which u can pop once u have setup your kill, but this will demand that you use other abilities afterwards. Furthermore, this still demands a degree of skill ofc.

I personally think the OP is a troll whose trying to insinuate that Rogues r just 1 shotting people atm and only need to push 1 button to do that, and he obviously has no clue on how they actually work...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want good burst as a Rogue, my best tip is to change class.

Try beating a priest as a rogue, 1o1, when you used all your CDs, you haven't even gotten through his shield.

4k mutilate hits for instance, yes, average damage with a tyrannical weapon + 2set tyrannical + rest conquest bought malevolent, resulted in 4k mutilate hits in an arena game. Rogue are terrible at damage, which is todays biggest problem with Rogues. Sure, CC and survival is pretty low too, but the damage is non existing.

Tried sub too, the "glorious" shadow dance didn't impress me, maybe would if you had unlimited energy, but now it was like "meh", got him to 70% then he just healed up.

I am not an extreme PvP player, I never cared for arena, and I'm not a grand marshal. But I do enjoy BG's a lot, and I played Rogue since vanilla. I have an alt of every class, and I know every classes pros and cons. In MoP, rogues are completely forgotten, and people who say rogues are okey, have not played rogue when they were good. Sure, playing a normal BG and going with a good group in a winning team, rogue can appear as good. But facing classes 1o1 or playing arena, there is another story. Having to use every single cooldown in 1o1 and most of the times, still getting smashed VS a class who was semi afk, and didn't even bother to use any cooldown at all, just kills the spirit.

Please, prove me wrong. Show something I have missed. Enlighten me. I have played and tried Rogue so much in MoP, with all talents, all glyphs, all speccs, and yet nothing impresses me. Assasination is the most fun, but lack damage. Sub is said to have better damage, but I have yet to see it.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Please, prove me wrong. Show something I have missed. Enlighten me. I have played and tried Rogue so much in MoP, with all talents, all glyphs, all speccs, and yet nothing impresses me. Assasination is the most fun, but lack damage. Sub is said to have better damage, but I have yet to see it.
    Have a look at the video I posted above.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Mut lacks control and burst, two of the most important things in PvP. It has really high sustain (if you can actually get any uptime; run ST) because Vendetta, Shadow Blades for Env uptime, and poisons that are not affected by armor. Mut is additionally hampered by getting a huge amount of damage from DP and thus taking a very large hit by running WP.

Really, Subt is less about damage (though it's decent in that department) and more about control. I've been doing RBGs and the majority of my SDs are used for CnD CSing the entire enemy team, or at least Garrote/CS/Shiving their healers and the kill target. To line up proper burst, you need a good amount of time left on SnD, preferably time on Rupture (though Garrote can apply SV), full energy, SB, and your on-use trink (plus the VP trink proc until it's nerfed). From there it's just Amb to 5CP and Evisc, but often you'll still be using globals for control (CS, KS, Garrote, Gouge, Shiv, Dismantle). It doesn't matter that you can't kill someone in 2s like other classes if you can do it in 8s while your opponents are completely locked down.

We're in a really good position this season, but not because SD can global someone like in Cata. If you just want to run and gun, play Combat (AR+SB and KSp kill things, 8s KS, useless outside of that) or reroll to a Warrior, DK, or Hunter.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-04-10 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ryme

Great video mate, but I just can't seem to have this damage I got tyrannical weapons, 2x other tyrannical, rest conquest malevolent, yet my DPS is not near this. I don't consider it a l2play issue, cause I played rogue for many years. And I did extremely good in previous expacs :S
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

@Ryme

Great video mate, but I just can't seem to have this damage I got tyrannical weapons, 2x other tyrannical, rest conquest malevolent, yet my DPS is not near this. I don't consider it a l2play issue, cause I played rogue for many years. And I did extremely good in previous expacs :S
    It's because u rolled a Dwarf rogue

Ah, come on, how often do you see dwarf rogues? Nice to see some change of race scenery!

Battlebeard, yes, mutilate's damage is poor and very expensive too, but I'm at about the same gear lvl as you and I don't do 4k muts? o_O

OT: Yes, it's possible to have a cast sequence macro. What that means, is that you dont press one button and call it a day, you gotta spam that motherfucker.

Like this guy: (havent tried this myself)

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=229433

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadow Blades
    /use 10
    /use 13 or 14 (13 = Trinket 1; 14 = Trinket 2)
    /cast <useful racial>
    /cast Shadow Dance

Deleted
    Infracted: spam
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-17 at 06:13 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Premeditation, garrote, Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest, shadow dance, cheap shot, eviscerate, marked for death, eviscerate

u can still 2x ambush after that and possibly garrote or garrote double ambush and eviscerate again if u had slice and dice running.

change trinkets with whatever u have and add engineer gloves if u have them and have fun also add potion if u wanna stom on bg's and have fun.
    Last edited by siafu; 2013-04-14 at 03:46 PM.