Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    because it's easy to play and accesible. like facebook games.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    It's easy to pick up - that's hardly positive

It's free, and you can literally play it for free If you're content to play with like 7 champions

There's no huge commitments (no real leveling and gearing up) - that's just blatantly untrue. It has the stupidest leveling systems, and you literally can not get a decent match before you're level 30

It's actually pretty fun - if it's the only moba you've tried, maybe

It's simple when compared to HoN and Dota, which brings back the point of it being accessible - it's dumbed down, hence the retarded playerbase

Streams are vibrant and eventful - except they fucked up the largest event so bad they had to redo it the next weekend. players were cheating, afaik there was power outage at some point (or internet loss)

New champions every ~2 weeks, giving players something to look forward to - frequently adding heroes does nothing but make the game imbalanced. it ruined HoN and it probably has already ruined LoL

It's actually pretty fun - compared to other minigames of the same genre, like angry birds, farmville etc.

Easy grouping system so you're not wasting time - just like every other online game that exists

and last but not least, it's a pretty fun game. - well it beats watching grass grow

p.s. it's fun and a game should be fun
    Last edited by pucGG; 2013-04-09 at 03:35 PM.

I don't get the obsession with it either, I think its a terrible game with a horrible community.
    But then again, RTS just isn't my style. Also for reference I think Firefall is also a terrible game. So if you like that one too you may not value my opinion.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 2013-04-09 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the LoL community is a true nightmare.. That maybe the only thing i hate about this game..
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

10+ Year Old Account
    We do not allow game vs. game threads on this forum. The original question of why did LoL get so popular is fine, but the demeaning comparison to other games is not, and thus the thread is closed.