Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    are we going to blame the knife for this act of violence?
    Maybe now we will start a conversation on what causes these acts of violence instead of blaming the tools used to perform the violence
    We're not saying that the tool causes the violence. That's the retarded strawman conservatives have been propping up ever since gun rights was a debate. We're saying that guns increase one's capacity to do violence by making it easier for the criminal to be destructive.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Armed guards may infact provoke attacks.
    Indeed.

The only real defence would be a shrubbery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    As this video of a real attack shows, armed gaurds do nothing to stop crazed attackers.

And he was wielding a pretty big knife. Maybe we need restrictions on blade length.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What needs to be done is not to arm more people, but to ask yourselves, "How do people like this get weapons and how do we prevent it from even going this far?". And arms race isn't gonna do it. If you get armed guards, the people wanting to kill others will simply arm themselves with heavier weaponry.
    the weapion used was an exacto knife a common tool used in a science labortory. is your answer is to stop the use of exacto knives in school science labortoroes? the question that needs to be asked that the left is scared to ask and discuss is what is the cause of the violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes. Glad nobody died, I was expecting deaths. I'm so glad I was wrong. And... the "Weapons don't do harm" came up again @_@

the weapion used was an exacto knife a common tool used in a science labortory. is your answer is to stop the use of exacto knives in school science labortoroes? the question that needs to be asked that the left is scared to ask and discuss is what is the cause of the violence.
    Without the weapon the damage would of been much less and not such a big deal and you know that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Apparently the culprit only ever went for the head/face and just chose random classrooms and people as they ran out panicking. Scary shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We're not saying that the tool causes the violence. That's the retarded strawman conservatives have been propping up ever since gun rights was a debate. We're saying that guns increase one's capacity to do violence by making it easier for the criminal to be destructive.
    why are we not discussing the cause of the violence instead of having the acceptance of any violence

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yikes. Glad nobody died, I was expecting deaths. I'm so glad I was wrong. And... the "Weapons don't do harm" came up again @_@

Without the weapon the damage would of been much less and not such a big deal and you know that.
    so what is your acceptable amount of violence?

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    Murica! F*CK YEAH!

Edit: Oh dear god they already have people saying that if there had been armed guards, teachers, and students at the school this wouldn't have happened. I am so tired of this...
    So you're tired of a completely sensible and true argument, because it's not in line with stupidity like gun control?

my question is how the hell did that person get to 14/16 with just a knife? What is he..... Hugo Weaving?

Trust me, if you want to kill people knives work just as well. The only difference is rather than one shooting and 11 dead, you slowly kill 11 people, one by one, causing much, much more terror. I'm personally against guns for just that reason, it makes murder much too easy. If you are willing to kill some one you should have to do it close and personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    As this video of a real attack shows, armed gaurds do nothing to stop crazed attackers.

Dat video 10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    why are we not discussing the cause of the violence instead of having the acceptance of any violence

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 07:31 PM ----------

so what is your acceptable amount of violence?
    We're not accepting some amount of violence, we're accepting the fact that we can't stop 100% of all attacks and therefore trying to mitigate as much damage as we can.
    Putin khuliyo

If it was a gun, that article would read 14 dead. Just saying.

If it was a gun, that article would read 14 dead. Just saying.
    Not necessarily. Real life isn't like the movies, people don't just get shot and then die. It's a lot like getting stabbed, it depends on where you are hit and how much time passes before you receive medical treatment. That's why you can have a mass shooting incident like Aurora where the shooter only killed 12 people of the 70 who were shot (17% mortality rate), but then have another incident like Sandy Hook where the shooter killed 26 people of the 26 who were shot (100% mortality). The age of the victims is also an important factor (young children and old people are far more likely to die from a gun shot wound than anyone else).

You're the reason why the Right-wing people like you fail time and time again today - because apparently you only think in Binary. People who aren't Extreme right-wing people want to fix BOTH Cause of violence and mitigate damage done by violent weapons.

Why is it an either/or situation with you? Why can't we do BOTH at the same time? It's people like you who hold back societal evolution - because you derail ideas out of fear of your possible dystopic fantasy from coming true instead of addressing BOTH problems like normal people do. You laud that "we are not discussing the cause of violence" garbage because you have no defense against anything else, so you make up ad-hominems. You can't argue the point of guns vs knives, so you try to derail the conversation to another topic saying that's more important. They're BOTH important because, newsflash for you, they're BOTH LINKED!
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-04-10 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Not necessarily. Real life isn't like the movies, people don't just get shot and then die. It's a lot like getting stabbed, it depends on where you are hit and how much time passes before you receive medical treatment. That's why you can have a mass shooting incident like Aurora where the shooter only killed 12 people of the 70 who were shot (17% mortality rate), but then have another incident like Sandy Hook where the shooter killed 26 people of the 26 who were shot (100% mortality). The age of the victims is also an important factor (young children and old people are far more likely to die from a gun shot wound than anyone else).
    True but the point, which is that guns are deadlier than knives, still stands.

And I think it's reasonable to question how 14 people got stabbed. Did people forget they had legs?

Deleted
    good job no one died, people are crazy. all im going to say in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    The average bullet is likely to penetrate deeper than a box cutter

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we should address the cause of violence. Probably social factors, I think we can all agree. The competitive drive that underlies our American way of life likely has something to do with it. Reduce competition, and you reduce violence. I think we can all agree on that, too.

So communism or gun bans, take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The average bullet is likely to penetrate deeper than a box cutter
    Ironically, the NRA and gun-enthusiasts love to tout a popular saying: "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight". There's a very simple message in that saying...