Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Draenei crash landed on Draenor, brought legion with them, corrupted Orcs.
    How many worlds do you think have burned because the Draenei would not stand and fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    That goes without saying, because Thrall's balls are everywhere.
    Sigh .. sigh .. sigh ........ sigh ....

A man can only hope.. :P.

Orcs may have to lay low as what I'd call a "sub-race" Trassk. Think of it this way, You have the Orcs vs. Humans, then their immediate allies the Trolls and Dwarves. I can see as a possibility Orcs and Trolls simply exchanging that position for a bit, at least until a wanting leader with the grapes to do it pushes them in the right direction. Orcs aren't stupid, but they seem patriarchal in that they need a leader, a warchief, or they are lost. Trolls or Tauren may well become the major governing race of the Horde for an expansion or two while the Orcs regroup.

As for what you said about Orcs being demons, I don't understand. You get terribly mad when people generalize Orcs into "savages, stupid, etc." but then say "All Orcs have been demonized" it just isn't true. Garrosh commands say 90% of the Orc forces right now, all with overarching hatred for the Alliance. If they were to get weeded out of Orgrimmar, all that would be left of the Orcs are the peaceful ones under Thrall/Vol'Jins banner. Just because Kael'Thas became an evil tyrant akin to Garrosh, doesn't mean all elves are evil.

I will imagine us orcs will be in the dog house just like the forsaken was after wrathgate but when the demons start appearing they will be easily forgiven

At the end of the day you want orcs to be at your side when shit starts to go down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I will imagine us orcs will be in the dog house just like the forsaken was after wrathgate but when the demons start appearing they will be easily forgiven

At the end of the day you want orcs to be at your side when shit starts to go down
    Well thats just it isn't it. I remember how when it came to fighting the legion, it was the orcs, trolls and tauren who did so, and under Thralls command. Now we know the legion is set to return, and are we meant to believe the horde without the raw fury of the orcs would be able to fight against the legion?

Deleted
    Good points in the OP. Something drastic needs to happen in the siege or before that to make some orcs revolt against Garrosh. Question is, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm View Post
    Good points in the OP. Something drastic needs to happen in the siege or before that to make some orcs revolt against Garrosh. Question is, what?
    There are so few good orc heroes left now, it will probably just be them pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

Why should the orcs lay low?

If anything we should re-double our efforts to get out into the world to make a difference. For a little while I can see much soul searching going on for the horde specifically the Orcs. Some rebuilding the damage done structure wise and relations wise.

This could be the knock on the head the horde needed to make some of the younger ones who thought war was a good thing realise that they are not better than the previous horde who tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well thats just it isn't it. I remember how when it came to fighting the legion, it was the orcs, trolls and tauren who did so, and under Thralls command.
    .... and the humans, and the Night Elves. And the Night Elves did it alone before that. Azeroth is hardly helpless against the Legion without the Orcs. Considering they drank the demon blood TWICE, maybe it's actually best if they step aside.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    .... and the humans, and the Night Elves. And the Night Elves did it alone before that. Azeroth is hardly helpless against the Legion without the Orcs. Considering they drank the demon blood TWICE, maybe it's actually best if they step aside.
    Hardly,

The Taurens did get involved in the war of the ancients. We must remember the Night elves splintered. High elves, highborne naga and night elves. All splintered off before that they were a giant faction they are no where near the same in number. They also had demi gods and dragons assist them. The humans did hold off invasions BUT the scourge ruined their strongest nation. With out lordereon the rest of the alliance would have fallen.

The alliance has to rely on each other and the horde has to rely on each other. You cant have an alliance with out humans or a horde with out orcs. To say otherwise is madness.

Deleted
    So what about your regular orcs, the common orgrimmar grunt or merchant, orcs outside of the kor kron. Are they also bending over for garrosh atm? Maybe those orcs are the orcs we are looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Its funny how you say that, and purposely leave out how it was a single orc that held off the advancing legion army and kept the lord of the legion distracted long enough so Malfurion could close the portal.. now who was that orc again... oh yes, BROXIGAR!

Instead of validating what both sides did and how it was as much an orc who saved there asses as it was a night elf, you want to ignore such details and assume it was one side, again.

As you can see, the story of warcraft is built upon what both humans and orcs do, as well as others like night elves and tauren and so on, but it always comes down to the actions of humans and orcs.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-04-10 at 02:24 PM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm View Post
    So what about your regular orcs, the common orgrimmar grunt or merchant, orcs outside of the kor kron. Are they also bending over for garrosh atm? Maybe those orcs are the orcs we are looking for.
    Most of them fully support him. That's the truth of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Truth is, most of the orcs population share Garrosh view. Minority of orcs are Thrall-Like. Thrall got different view on many things because he was raised by humans.
    Thrall was not "raised" by humans, but captured, and enslaved. and there for he learned a thing or two about many things.
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

If I were an orc opposing Garrosh then I wouldn't show myself much. We don't see the good guy orcs cuz they won't show themselves yet. But if Thrall goes in there and seeks them out then I bet they'd reveal themselves, even some who seem loyal to Garrosh might turn cuz they're just doing what they can to not get killed.

I feel the "strangers come to Pandaria and cause havoc" was handled with Anduin and Dezco talking to Xuen, Zhi and Taran and then us dealing with the various threats all over the place. So it became a, "You caused so much shit in our land! But I suppose you dealt with it all, beat the Sha, pushed the Mantid back, destroyed the re-emerging Mogu empire and their troll allies. So I guess we're good now."

And once it's all over I guess the bad orcs will either be killed, imprisoned or submit to the true Horde, seeing the mistakes that Garrosh caused and we'll go back to the good ol' ways.

I remember how when it came to fighting the legion, it was the orcs, trolls and tauren who did so, and under Thralls command. Now we know the legion is set to return, and are we meant to believe the horde without the raw fury of the orcs would be able to fight against the legion?
    The Horde now has the Forsaken, the Sin'dorei and the Bilgewater Goblins on their side. Makes up for some loss in orc fury, and who says we'll be without it? Just cuz we beat a bunch of orcs and Garrosh to the ground doesn't mean we still won't have a lovely bunch of orcs ready to crush some demons if they show up.
    Last edited by Wishblade; 2013-04-10 at 02:34 PM.

To the orcish cloning machine!

After the siege we will probably see that all orcs in orgrimmar were actually against garrosh and his supporters very few despite what cataclysm showed us. And orcs may also have enough population after the siege of their city to be top dogs of the horde just like they suddenly gained huge numbers in the conquest of durotar.

Also i agree with your points. Garrosh may have become a fine leader if he acted righ instead of pointlessly alienating his forces all the time and wasting his so- called 'low' recources ( how does the horde build huge castles and armies everywhere if they are starving). After what happened with garrosh no one should be trusting the orcs anymore. The orcs will have a lot to prove and apologize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Most of them fully support him. That's the truth of the matter.
    unless of course we see in the coming patch the kor'kron scaring merchants and citizens.

Now heres a thought to. Orgrimmar is the capital of the horde, the orcs city, defended by the strongest of orcs. If they are the bad guys in the coming raid, and we take them down, and as horde we get rid of the alliance, who then will be there to defend it? The trolls? Nope, they have there own island to defend. The tauren? They have thunderbluff and mulgore to worry about.
    All other horde races have there own shit to worry about and lands to defend, so you won't be seeing orc guards replaced with trolls and tauren.

All these redundant posts reiterating everybody's well-knowns opinions.

Long story short, CAN WE GET ON WITH THE SEIGE OR WHAT?! I'm super excited to see how it all plays out, the bosses we end up fighting, the Horde heroes we fight beside, who the next Warchief is, etc etc. But I'm content to just be excited and speculate, not be so melodramatic about it that there's a trail of sand everywhere I go.

unless of course we see in the coming patch the kor'kron scaring merchants and citizens.

Now heres a thought to. Orgrimmar is the capital of the horde, the orcs city, defended by the strongest of orcs. If they are the bad guys in the coming raid, and we take them down, and as horde we get rid of the alliance, who then will be there to defend it? The trolls? Nope, they have there own island to defend. The tauren? They have thunderbluff and mulgore to worry about.
    All other horde races have there own shit to worry about and lands to defend, so you won't be seeing orc guards replaced with trolls and tauren.
    I could see a new orc loading intro when making a new character "After the events of the siege of Orgrimmar the once proud orcs city was humbled. Now it is up to a new generation of Orcs to set about forging a new destiny and restoring their pride of a once mighty people" etc.

I would see it as this, it only takes a few to make enough threats to scare those below them. Get enough people scared of what others might do to them and you sure enough have power through fear. Add in to this and some indoctrination, like whipping members up into a frenzy of anti alliance sentiment and you have what we have with Garrosh and his goons. Topple Garrosh and the ones who were unsure soon won't be following that twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    I will ask only one question. After Garrosh has been removed The Alliance (in my opinion at least) may have the upper hand (I said may). What would you do as a Horde player to win back the trust of Azeroth?
    Removing Garrosh is that act. From a military point of view, Garrosh is the better choice for the Horde. He wiped Theramore off the map, among other offensives; he has gained allies (Dragonmaw, Blackrock and I think it's a safe assumption that after ToT is, canonically, over, there will be Mogu among Garrosh's forces [as in, some fighting on his side or at least under his control in SoO]); he's gone after weapon (or at least weaponizable [not a real word I don't think but, things able to be weaponized]) resources (focusing iris, the divine bell / sha) ...

However, he has walked a fine line between "anything for my people" and ruthless, honorless tyrant -- and removing him from power is a sign that the Horde are not blindly loyal to the Orc Warchief, no matter how much it may hurt themselves.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.