My pet loosing aggro

My pet can't sustain 2-3 mobs, as well as when I mend pet, i get aggro on the others. I guess the question is, what am I doing wrong...or is it time for a new pet?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...did you turn the threat ability on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

You need thunderstomp and MD+multi to keep groups on your pet. Or just only attack the one the pet is on.

I have noticed that sometimes growl doesnt seem to work reliably. It goes in spurts too like its a patch bug. One week, Im soloing stuff and it stays on the pet full time without having to reapply MD. The next week I have to MD before every big shot or I pull aggro. Then Ill FD and MD again but the boss will be back on me until I FD again. Its like the taunt isnt working. I use the same pet all the time, check that the right stuff is on autocast. Oh and it happens on many different encounters. Maybe Im imagining it but it seems pretty obvious to me that something different is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    One, make sure your pet is Tenaciy specced and that Growl is on.

Two, if your pet gains aggro on a mob AFTER it uses Growl that aggro might be light... based mostly on proximity. Until the pet Growls again, it has aggro but not solidly. Now you Mend Pet... and that gains you more threat than the pet. Solutions are, if you see mobs aggro onto your pet due to proximity, to Misdirect to your pet with a a multishot. That allows gives the pet some solid aggro. If you need to Mend, do it and then right away FD. Then Misdirect. By that time the pet will likely have Growled and should have solid aggro.

Obviously this is mostly assuming you have a Tenacity pet out.