Thread: theorycrafting?

theorycrafting?

hi there,
    i mostly lurk around ej and mmo but decided to make an account to get my own questions answered. i was wondering where most dks do there theorycrafting. is it just ej and mmo? are there other places i can talk to fellow dks about how to improve?

There were some other places dedicated to DKs, but they mostly didn't survive the cataclysm. There's also some other WoW-Community sites (even localized ones) that surely got DK sections but I can't really comment on the quality of Death-Knitting they offer.

(I should burn in hell for bad puns...)

Deleted
    I think the #archerus community is still alive, can't think of anywhere else that is still going though unfortunately.

Also, +1 for terribad puns. Way to set the standard for mods!

what is the acherus community? what other websites do you recommend?

Deleted
    You can find acherus at http://sonofalich.com/

It's better to join the #acherus community on IRC though, the website is more or less dead... (note: #acherus refers to an IRC channel, not a twitter hash-tag)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's better to join the #acherus community on IRC though, the website is more or less dead... (note: #acherus refers to an IRC channel, not a twitter hash-tag)
    Indeed, you got to the reply before I did.

And for those who aren't old enough, IRC is the original version of internet chat rooms which now seem to be dying out too. Am I going senile already?

okay, i'm sorry to ask dumb questions but i'm new to all this :<

so is acherus a web chat group? do all of you visit it? who is it run by? players or blizzard?

sorry for all the noob questions

Yeah, it's kind of a web-chat, just more comfortable.

its an open platform and just like a chatroom on that platform, no costs involved (unless you want a paid client software)

Player-run, close to no Blizzard involvement, some of us are there, not all of us though.

It's pretty much the only place to find multiple good DKs in the same place at the same time (live).

I know I'm in the minority of the player base, but I would love a DK roundtable podcast with quality players of each spec. I would kill for a show like that.

EDIT: In response to the OP, I would suggest learning how to read world of logs and just stalk your favorite DKs and see what they are doing ^^. That way you can improve on your own without too much help.
    Last edited by DarthMetatron; 2013-04-12 at 06:06 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    I know I'm in the minority of the player base, but I would love a DK roundtable podcast with quality players of each spec. I would kill for a show like that.
    That's a really neat idea.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much the only place to find multiple good DKs in the same place at the same time (live).

EDIT: In response to the OP, I would suggest learning how to read world of logs and just stalk your favorite DKs and see what they are doing ^^. That way you can improve on your own without too much help.
    I feel ya, that's how I feel about warriors except I'm too lazy/busy to do it. Hmm I should do one for dks/warriors...

Mendenbarr, it looks like Dossou came back yesterday (on ZJ)!
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

I
    i don't have any because i really don't know any of the good ones! what about these people in the chat channel? if they talk about the class i assume they have good advice? any specific people i should stalk?

EJ has a lot of great info, and an up to date questions and answers thread. Make sure to read the rules before you post though!

Consider the roundtable idea a go!

And Dossou never really left.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    Consider the roundtable idea a go!

And Dossou never really left.
    Excellent news!

And yeah, I can't really chat it up much since you guys are stinky hordies =P, I just watch your progress from the interwebs.
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI