Poll: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Hold your horses there, this is the first I hear of this. Doesn't make sense, they clearly show in the starting quests newly risen are given options to join, die, or do whatever in the hell they please as long as they don't stand in the Forsaken's way. I always took the dev's quote of "join or return to the grave" as bad phrasing.

Is this another thing that requires Red Shirt Guy's intervention?
    http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ANSWERS&page=8

He clarifies what returning to the grave means. You have free will to make the right choice or the wrong one.

Q: "We also don't know what saying no and returning to the grave entails. Is it painless and a simple going back to sleep? Or is it experiencing some unpleasant form of death all over again?"

A: "They probably just stab/bludgeon/shoot you."
    Last edited by delus; 2013-04-14 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or it could be like the one that actually happens in-game where he does simply go back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Or it could be like the one that actually happens in-game where he does simply go back to sleep.
    I'm not the one answering these questions. Its the same dude that wrote cdev 3 and he's clarifying his answer in an actual blizzard response.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-04-14 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Great! ... I do not know what is worse if the Forsaken undead monstrosities or the hypocritical Argent Crusade ...

The traitor of Tirion Fordring will have to deal with Queen Calia when she arrives, Her Majesty will demand explanations to him!

The inefficiency and ineptitude of the Argent Crusade vie with the disappointment and disgrace of the Scarlet Crusade ... Definitely Queen Calia has to come immediatly and reorder her subjects for the sake of the Alliance...
    The "traitor" who has the favor of the King of Stormwind and de facto leader of the entire Alliance you so esteem? There's fanon, and then there is just madness. Ineffective? Inept? Disappointing? The Argent Crusade has, as far as I can tell, been the single most productive faction in the entirety of the game. Tirion is probably the most noble human NPC in the whole of Azeroth. If your sole complaint against him is that he hasn't marched on the Undercity despite the fact that he's already flanked in Hearthglen by the Sin'dorei to his north and east and would invite warfare from the whole of the Horde... that's just being ridiculous.

The in-game content does not, to my recollection, ever have him learning the scope of the Forsaken's movements and deciding to ignore it. I don't think he's likely to be disinterested in the Forsaken plaguing the land against their efforts. But he is not in a position to just quixotically try to wave his hand and "fix it", not even if a magical army of unicorn mounted non-existent elf refugees in the area rode at his back.

As it happens, I do agree that the most interesting direction they could take Sylvanas would be to have her unwillingly restored to actual, mortal life. She'd be completely adrift.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Sorry, but that argument I have already made, and that was against someone else. Plus, if you are seriously going to argue that it's more sophisticated and better speculated, then you are biting yourself in the ass here. Having an opinion of characters and their actions that differs from how the writer/writers portray them as good/evil/etc. does not make your opinion apply to what will happen to the story. The Lich King was considered evil, which is why he got killed. King Varian is not considered a tyrant, which is why no one is forming a coup against him, and he also happens to have united the Alliance against the Horde, simply because it was written like that.

Also, what you said makes no sense at all. Stories are built in a way that do not completely follow real life logic, since otherwise they would not be freaking stories. Their narratives give hints and clues what will happen through the various elements used to tell them and their conclusions can differ from what would actually happen in real life if similar things were to occur. That is why the Alliance would be perfectly able to leave Orgrimmar without any strings attached, for instance, since the story can simply be written that way.
    FFS just don't pretend you know exactly the right interpretations of all the obscure clues you "find" in this game. Or lend me your crystal balls and spoil for me the Forsaken storyline in the nearest two expansions, would ya?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The Argent Crusade has, as far as I can tell, been the single most productive faction in the entirety of the game.
    Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring accomplished quite a bit too

I would love to see Alliance get back the parts the Argent Crusade and Cenarion Circle cleansed (WPL and parts of EPL) but if it ever happened I doubt it would happen any earlier than a possible WC4. Tirisfal is way too far gone and I wouldn't want it back.

leave it to Northem to provide us with the daily fan boy fanaticism. forsaken monstrosities, aye dios mio there's no hope for u lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    leave it to Northem to provide us with the daily fan boy fanaticism. forsaken monstrosities, aye dios mio there's no hope for u lol
    It'd be cool to see how lore would develop if posters were put in charge, say have Northem direct Alliance lore and Trassk in charge of Horde lore
    Last edited by bohapjut; 2013-05-02 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The in-game content does not, to my recollection, ever have him learning the scope of the Forsaken's movements and deciding to ignore it. I don't think he's likely to be disinterested in the Forsaken plaguing the land against their efforts. But he is not in a position to just quixotically try to wave his hand and "fix it", not even if a magical army of unicorn mounted non-existent elf refugees in the area rode at his back.
    Tirion is in charge of a faction that is neutral in-terms of the Alliance and Horde. The purpose of his operation is the destruction of the remaining Scourge in the world, not the Forsaken - who are a sentient political force. So, while he may or may not be aware of what they are doing, he wouldn't make a move one way or another lest he jeopardize his neutrality.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Tirion is in charge of a faction that is neutral in-terms of the Alliance and Horde. The purpose of his operation is the destruction of the remaining Scourge in the world, not the Forsaken - who are a sentient political force. So, while he may or may not be aware of what they are doing, he wouldn't make a move one way or another lest he jeopardize his neutrality.
    Plus I'm pretty sure he's out of miracles by now.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Don't even want lordaeron back. It's too damaged.

Lordaeron is perfect as it is...
    No restoration needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    It'd be cool to see how lore would develop if posters were put in charge, say have Northem direct Alliance lore and Trassk in charge of Horde lore
    That would not end well at all, putting people in charge who blatantly favor one faction is a disaster waiting to happen.

OT

Before the Alliance thinks of reclaiming Lordaeron, they should get their immediate surroundings under control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only I have ideas for the Alliance, I have too many plots for the Horde, many of them very interesting.

On the subject of Lordaeron I will not repeat the same thing, you know what I think about the role the Queen Calia and Turalyon could play in all this...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    On the subject of Lordaeron I will not repeat the same thing, you know what I think about the role the Queen Calia and Turalyon could play in all this...
    Executioners block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Oh my god, the amount of pure untainted fanwank would make game unplayable within a week. Geez don't you even think about such a grim possibilities.

I don't want Lordaeron(Lands of Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine and Hillsbrad.) Although as the Gilnean and Arathi People are still breathing and fighting they shall have their lands back.

That'd be cool, but it doesn't make any sense. I doubt the Forsaken would just give it up willingly, and truly, it belongs to them anyway. A lot of the Forsaken used to be Lordaeron citizens when they were still living, before Arthas came and slaughtered them. So no, I don't think that will ever happen. The only way we'll see a "restored" Lordaeron will be in CoT.

I would really like to see Stromgarde fully restored or Southshore returned to the alliance though, but neither is likely to happen.

I would like to see the lands brought back to life and some humans living there but under forsaken rule. Sylvie probably needs a good spanking to make her see things straight though before allowing humans to live there.

Lordaeron is under the rule of its rightful owners still. As for Stromgarde, I wouldn't care about faction balance. I would love to see a phased version of it for high level players involving them to do scenarios/dungeons/dailies or what ever to rebuild it as a bastion for the alliance. I am a horde player.