1. #1
    The Patient Crestt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A cornfield in Iowa
    Posts
    201

    Mage Tier-2 Change

    Mage Tier 2 set bonus was changed to no longer grant an instant cast spell. This set bonus requires you to have the 8 set from tier 2.

    I'm don't play mage, but I am kind of curious as to why this change is being done. Any ideas as to what its for? I have done some brief searching and haven't found anything so far as to that this concerns.
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

  2. #2
    Probably thats because two, say, crit fireballs in a row will be too powerful in Blizzard opinion. But I actually dont see the point either - you wont use pve set in pvp, will you ? And 2 fireballs in boss wont make big difference.
    btw, 10% chance for 10% faster cast is nothing - I dont know 0,5% bonus dps ? 0,2% bonus dps ?

  3. #3
    The Patient Crestt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A cornfield in Iowa
    Posts
    201
    But this is being done with the Mage Tier 2, from BWL, I want to know why this is being done to a tier from ages ago, and an 8-set bonus more or less
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

  4. #4
    Twinks? All I can think of.

  5. #5
    I think its a disgrace. That was one of the iconic set bonuses from back in the day. And yet again, the new Blizz goes trampling over all the great stuff they did in the past.

    Sacrilegious.

  6. #6
    Prolly someone found a way to abuse of it so they just wipped it.

    I see no other explanation
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  7. #7
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Prolly someone found a way to abuse of it so they just wipped it.

    I see no other explanation
    What's funny is they hotfix disabled the set bonus for the time being. It'll procc a worthless effect that does nothing atm

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  8. #8
    The Patient Crestt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A cornfield in Iowa
    Posts
    201
    Some guildies had the idea that maybe somebody had x-mogged it and were getting the set bonus... I think this might be something of a stretch but still...
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

  9. #9
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestt View Post
    Some guildies had the idea that maybe somebody had x-mogged it and were getting the set bonus... I think this might be something of a stretch but still...
    During Cataclysm, Metamorphosis for a Demo Lock would snapshot Mastery and as such, Demo Locks would start a pre-pull with an all STR/AGI/SPI gear set that just had TONS of Mastery on, and just before they pulled, would swap back to their usual INT set just to get a retardedly huge boost to their Meta.

    More stupid stuff has occurred in this game, but I didn't hear any reports of transmog giving special shit.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    During Cataclysm, Metamorphosis for a Demo Lock would snapshot Mastery and as such, Demo Locks would start a pre-pull with an all STR/AGI/SPI gear set that just had TONS of Mastery on, and just before they pulled, would swap back to their usual INT set just to get a retardedly huge boost to their Meta.

    More stupid stuff has occurred in this game, but I didn't hear any reports of transmog giving special shit.
    Reminds me of the T9 bonus that gave us a better Spirit to Crit conversion from our Molten Armor. Put the gear on, buff MA, put your T10 back on and get a big boost to Crit.

  11. #11
    This could be a start of the secret 5.4 content. Perhaps they are planning to do challenge modes of the vanilla instances where you assigned old tier or something? A shot in the dark but who knows?

  12. #12
    I actually heard it's much simpler. On PTR raids and stuff upscale your ilvl, and the upscaled T2 with that bonus was apperently too good.
    Seems wierd though that this would be important when it also scales Legendarys.. Seems like that would be a greater issue than an old setbonus.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrahan View Post
    This could be a start of the secret 5.4 content. Perhaps they are planning to do challenge modes of the vanilla instances where you assigned old tier or something? A shot in the dark but who knows?
    In which case, why would they severely nerf an old 2P?

    If we're given the same strength (excluding our new spells) as to back in the day of BWL, why would it matter if we got a free PoM?

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •