Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yep. And someone always has to get first. It doesn't make them good.

Even in a list of war criminals and slavers, someone would get first spot.
    amen brodda!

Dragon Age feeling rushed was absolutely worse than mortgage fraud from the Bank of America. 100%. yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    This seems rather appropriate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHPOiOr94L8
    "We have a poo map." LOL
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    You expect me to take on banking corporations by voting, and if I choose to put my vote to something else, I'm whimpering? That is just totally unrealistic.

I would choose to put my time towards something that can actually yield some meaningful result rather than totally waste them. your analogy has nothing to do with voting anyway as there is no effort or difficulty associated with it. If I was going to go up against a bank then I'd do it in a more meaningful way, which voting isn't. To a company that relies in PR like EA does, voting them worst company in america does have an effect.
    Totally agreed. And I have the same views on this poll.

Ultimately its a sham poll, but that's not the point. Out of all the companies on that list, only EA gives a damn about it. You think those huge oil companies and banks care what people think of them? Of course not, because they deal in manditory services/products and have no alternative competition.

EA on the other hand are already suffering from a financial point of view, and their reputation is in tatters. They know this, but still can't really come to terms with it. The only hope we have of change with them is to yell at them, to vote in polls and to make them know we hate their current business practice and customer service policies.

We have a hope in hell of actually affecting that company. And if we do, then maybe we can influence other companies to follow the same example. You have to start small to make big changes.

A wall stands in your way and you have no tools to simply smash it down. Do you try to knock the entire wall down by hurling yourself at it repeatedly, or do you chip away at a weak point in the mortar with your fingernails?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    A wall stands in your way and you have no tools to simply smash it down. Do you try to knock the entire wall down by hurling yourself at it repeatedly, or do you chip away at a weak point in the mortar with your fingernails?
    I take a piece of gum and a paperclip and I Macgyver the hell out of it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Dragon Age feeling rushed was absolutely worse than mortgage fraud from the Bank of America. 100%. yep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    *snip*
    What does the Slender Strawman have to do with...oooh...I see what you did there.

BAD WOLF

Ha,EA closes all of their Facebook games while telling people who paid in game currencies with real money to spend it ASAP because they got only 2 months left.

EA, keep delivering the lulz on your wet muddy grave. \o/
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Ha,EA closes all of their Facebook games while telling people who paid in game currencies with real money to spend it ASAP because they got only 2 months left.

While it's not uncommon for social games to shut down, at least most of them have a standardized currency that you can use in other games. This is hardly much of an indication of EA failing as social games are cheap as fuck to make and get shut down all the time.

But I can't help but cheer, I tried the Simcity social game a while back. Of the 10 minutes I played, 5 minutes was spent telling the game I didn't want to ask my friends for gifts, recruit their help, or share the fact that I just built a fucking house. Then came the weeks of getting spammed with 50 newsletters and dealing with their customer service for over a month to get unsubscribed from them (after unsubscribing manually multiple times). Good riddance to shit "games".

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheap, crappy, games are just cheap crappy games. I am, however, a little surprised that EA managed to be classy enough this time to admit they are being closed due to inactivity. Instead of blaming the LGBT's or whatever it was they were blaming the vote on.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

i want to comment on all that facebook games business. let me start first by saying that i have zero experience on facebook games, i don't recall ever playing one. Thus, i don't really have an opinion about EA closing some or all their facebook games or the way they handle their closure. I can't say neither good or bad, nor can i say it's common or uncommon practice. Anyways, that's what i have to say and i believe it's important i get my point across.

how's my trolling?

Pointless. Please don't spam. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-04-15 at 06:15 PM.

EA is a horrible company, not able to take criticism or be honest about their mistakes. It's sad Bioware got bought up by them, they had loads of great games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalix View Post
    EA is a horrible company, not able to take criticism or be honest about their mistakes. It's sad Bioware got bought up by them, they had loads of great games.
    And more customers. When I found out about Origin I uninstalled the ME3 demo immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    I just can't help but think at how telecom and bank CEO's are snickering knowing EA managed to be the Red Herring they've so desperately craved.
    I doubt those CEOs even notice but it does remind me of the bank that got caught laundering millions of dollars for drug cartels. Then the Justice Department slapped them with a small fine and no one did any jail time.

The lesson here is to never underestimate the ability of butthurt gamers on the internet to lose all perspective on what's actually important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    I doubt those CEOs even notice but it does remind me of the bank that got caught laundering millions of dollars for drug cartels. Then the Justice Department slapped them with a small fine and no one did any jail time.

The lesson here is to never underestimate the ability of butthurt gamers on the internet to lose all perspective on what's actually important.
    You missed the important middle part where you actually connected your ideas. I don't get your 'lesson' from your original statement at all. Likewise, what is important is subjective. Criticizing otherwise is rude and prideful. There's a difference between stating solving one set of problems is more beneficial to society as a whole in ways a, b, and c and stating that one set of problems isn't really a problem and people need to realize that.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You missed the important middle part where you actually connected your ideas. I don't get your 'lesson' from your original statement at all. Likewise, what is important is subjective. Criticizing otherwise is rude and prideful. There's a difference between stating solving one set of problems is more beneficial to society as a whole in ways a, b, and c and stating that one set of problems isn't really a problem and people need to realize that.
    What's the problem? Don't buy EA games. Problem solved.

EA isn't dicking over the country despite all the vitriol that surrounds them. The poll was asking for worst company in America. Not Worst entertainment company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, don't buy a house from any of these bad banks. Don't bail them out or give them so much power in the first place. Don't let Hitler rise to power. Prevent humanity from ever existing. Let's all jump in a time machine and solve every problem in one swoop..just assassinate Noah and prevent repopulation. Done. Neeext.

EA isn't dicking over the country despite all the vitriol that surrounds them. The poll was asking for worst company in America. Not Worst entertainment company.
    Once again, the voting is subjective. I never said what the poll was or wasn't, you did. What you also did, was invalidate other people's opinions based on your own opinion, which is literally wrong. As in, it's incorrect.
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

applying logic and common sense on these forums? Blasphemy! we don't do that here.