Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So because I disagree with you "people like me will stick to their opinion even if it kills me"... and you feel its nessesary to check my post history to see if I'm spewing out BS or not. What can I even say to that? It's freaking ridiculous to think noone can disagree with you because they don't give a "good" reasons for their opinion.

Fury isn't the easiest to master(and I'm not claiming I have).. all I'm saying is that it's not as hard as you make it out to be, no class is. That is all.

No need to act all high and mighty even if you are a better warrior than me or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    So because I disagree with you "people like me will stick to their opinion even if it kills me"... and you feel its nessesary to check my post history to see if I'm spewing out BS or not. What can I even say to that? It's freaking ridiculous to think noone can disagree with you because they don't give a "good" reasons for their opinion.

Fury isn't the easiest to master(and I'm not claiming I have).. all I'm saying is that it's not as hard as you make it out to be, no class is. That is all.

No need to act all high and mighty even if you are a better warrior than me or not.
    Yes, if you don't have a good reason to disagree with someone who is better at something than you, you probably shouldn't do it. I don't go around calling landsoul bad for using 2x WS because even if DS is better generally I'm sure there is a damn good reason he is using it that I just don't know about. (and he has DND on on skype so I can't ask).

Disagreeing is fine, if you have a reason. Just saying "lol it's not" is just asinine.

No, I agree with Darkfriend. You're playing it wrong. Fury, at first glance, has a relatively simple "rotation" but to play it well, you need to be on top of so many things. It's miles harder than "LOLARMS". I've always defended the complexity behind maxing out Fury's potential, so many warriors are just bad at recognizing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    No, I agree with Darkfriend. You're playing it wrong. Fury, at first glance, has a relatively simple "rotation" but to play it well, you need to be on top of so many things. It's miles harder than "LOLARMS". I've always defended the complexity behind maxing out Fury's potential, so many warriors are just bad at recognizing it.
    I was actually talking w/ collision about this very thing last night. He said that w/ two different warriors, they both play completely different because of the differences gear and trinkets make.

That's true. I know for a fact that Feathers makes me hold back some of my abilities a few more seconds to wait for the stacks to build up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true. I know for a fact that Feathers makes me hold back some of my abilities a few more seconds to wait for the stacks to build up.
    Screw your feather I'm jealous :S

Hah! I'm probably the luckiest dude ever when it comes to loot this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah! I'm probably the luckiest dude ever when it comes to loot this tier.
    No kidding. Although I did get TF gaze and heroic TF weapon last week so I can't complain for another few days.

You don't think there is any complexity behind maxing out arms dps? Rolling your face acros the keyboard yelling LOLARMS doesn't work I can tell you. Not that it's really hard but you want the right amount of OPs used during bloodbath and the max amount of abilities during CS, knowing how the queing system works with op/slam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You don't think there is any complexity behind maxing out arms dps? Rolling your face acros the keyboard yelling LOLARMS doesn't work I can tell you. Not that it's really hard but you want the right amount of OPs used during bloodbath and the max amount of abilities during CS, knowing how the queing system works with op/slam.
    He didn't say arms was easy. He said fury was harder than arms by a lot. Reading comprehension would be useful in a situation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I also take it that "Serious raiding" guilds don't take DPS DKs or Rogues either, right? Cause all of their specs are barely doing better than arms at high gear levels.

In fact, maybe all guilds should run 14 arcane mages, a demo warlock, and a balance druid for the highest dps possible?

In full 496 gear Arms is the best spec, in full BiS gear SMF is the best. HOWEVER, it depends on what you are skilled at, if you are like me and utterly suck at Fury then you should stick to Arms no matter what anyone else says. You should also only play what you enjoy.
    Actually its fire mages, boomie and locks but ya melee is good for interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    He didn't say arms was easy. He said fury was harder than arms by a lot. Reading comprehension would be useful in a situation like this.
    Then please tell me what I should be inferring from LOLARMS or what it means if you're so awesome at reading comprehension. It just conjures an image of randomly smashing OP when you have tfb procs. Didn't he just say arms was faceroll easy??? All I'm saying if you read my post is that arms is probably more complex then he thinks. I doubt fury is harder by a lot...

Love it how those who play Fury go "Lawl Arms just does CS>MS>OP>OP>MS>SLAM"

And what does Fury do?
    CS>BT>RB(If enraged)>WS(If proc of sufficient rage) and then what? White attacks untill everything starts from scratch? Maybe cram a Heroic Strike in there somewhere to stack Bloodbath as high as possible. Also note how many variable Fury has in it's "rotation" if RNG chooses to take a dump on you by not proccing Enrage you're locked out of your Raging Blow (For now anyway) and in it's place... White attacks, looking at the screen while waiting for Bloodthirst to come off CD or pooling up rage for a Wild Strike.

Fury might be "complicated" to play when it gets down to it's very core... But so is Arms.
    Last edited by Amagh; 2013-04-15 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    --SNIP--

Don't post memes

Let me have mine.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-15 at 06:34 PM.

If you give arms and fury both optimized gear, my experience is that Fury has better dps (right now), but I enjoy playing an arms warrior. I PVE and PVP as an arms warrior. I think Blizzard did a good job of making the warrior specializations feel like their name. Fury feels frantic IMO, arms feels controlled like a true arms master, and protection feels more tank-y than the other tanking classes.

But if you feel like hunters are boring, than I would suggest fury over arms.

Deleted
    You should not let yourself get intimidated to much by all those completely exagerated posts. I am currently mid hc progress and often ranking in world of logs at top 10-50 places and i can assure you that both speccs are absolutely viable if you are doing normal modes. Actually, if you want to get the maximum out of your warrior, you should play both speccs depending on the bosses. For Horridon i wouldnt because the "hard" part of the fight is at the end, and you need mostly singletarget there. But for tortos arms is the spec to play, and you have much more "consistent" damage for bosses where you have "burst" parts ( like jinrokh ), especially if you are at a lower crit %.

But everyone telling you that arms suck because they looked at the recent simcraft results (which calculates a patchwork fight with BiS gear ) should be thrown at with stones. Keep in mind that fury is stronger in single-target fights without dmg multiplicators where you can dps through the whole fight ( durumu, quon, megaera ), but if you have fun playing arms just do that, its fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Let me have mine.
    The difference is my opinion is based on fact, knowledge, and general consensus whereas yours was pulled from thin air. Also, my opinion is worth more anyway.

People constantly think you can have an opinion on an objective subject. Hint: YOU CAN'T.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-15 at 06:34 PM.

Ya, you're playing it wrong than.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 11:09 AM ----------

Ya, you're playing it wrong than. I also tend to view as baseless things that are posted by random people who don't even post their armory. It's very easy to spew BS when you have nothing to back it up. Looking over your post history, you've not once given one good reason for any of the advice you're even given. So I'm just going to say it again, if you think fury is simple, you're playing it wrong. There is a reason you see either great warriors, or bad warriors, but very very few average warriors. You can run into DKs pulling 100k just facerolling, playing at 80% of what they could be. You see warriors doing that (the facerolling) and they are pulling 60k, or playing well and pulling 140k.

If you still don't believe me (and you won't since people like you will stick to their opinion if it kills them rather than admit they are wrong) check the "fix my DPS thread". People constantly are posting that "I seem to be doing everything right" and "Yes I know 3x RB 1x BT and HSs in a CS phase" and other right answers, and yet their DPS is far lower than it should be. Why? Because it isn't as simple as it seems. There is no other class where you are benefited by preserving your primary resource when you could have spent it (unless arcane mages and how they use mana know, IDK).
    LOL you got so rattled.

Don't provoke and continue derailing a thread
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-15 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    LOL you got so rattled.
    Read the signature. I'm normally nice, I really dislike stupid.

Stop the off-topic discussion
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-15 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is my opinion is based on fact, knowledge, and general consensus whereas yours was pulled from thin air. Also, my opinion is worth more anyway.

People constantly think you can have an opinion on an objective subject. Hint: YOU CAN'T.
    Loving the "I'm worth more than you" attitude.. shame it's pathetic. Cheers for the laugh though.

Can we get back on topic now?

Yes arms is viable.