Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brand New Fireside Duel! Jaina Vs Thrall!

Literally just posted by Blizzard...
    I still think Ben Brode sounds an awful lot like Chris Metzen.

I like the idea of these secret spells. I guess they act as something along the lines of trap/magic cards in Yu-Gi-Oh! ?
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-04-12 at 05:26 PM.

Sometimes updated...

Yeah, for a minute or 2 I thought it was Metzen doing the voice, but it sounded a bit off.

They do seem a bit like trap cards yeah.

Can't wait to try this tbh, it looks solid and fun and it's been years since I've had an entertaining CCG. Even my non-warcraft friends are awaiting it's arrival ^^

to those dedicated enough to be keeping track of this: any new cards shown in this video?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'ts interesting, but I am watching and have almost no clue what's going on. Going to take some getting used to when I try it out for sure.
    Never been a big fan of card games, I always found them confusing and strange :P

Still looks kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I'ts interesting, but I am watching and have almost no clue what's going on. Going to take some getting used to when I try it out for sure.
    Never been a big fan of card games, I always found them confusing and strange :P
    I know what you mean

I just watched it. It's pretty freaking awesome, I gotta say

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I just watched it. It's pretty freaking awesome, I gotta say
    It does indeed! Keeping my fingers crossed for a beta invite

Sometimes updated...

Awesome! Was hoping they'd drop something new soon

Not had a chance to really look at it, just a single viewing while distracted, but the secret cards are intriguing.

Something I'm wondering about though is the fact that both the duels we've seen were pretty long, quite a few turns, but the length in time is indeed about 10 minutes, of the 10-15 minute range we've been told to expect. One of the blues however said they averaged about 8 turns or so, so something is not right about what we were told. Though I suppose there might be something in terms of more complicated play that takes longer when you get more cards, while still decreasing the number of total turns by increasing damage per turn. Or something. For now though, I'm going to assume that the 8 or so turns was wrong, or at least hope it is, cause these longer duels look more fun. Me no like zerging.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Woow, I was planing to play shaman, So I am very happy to see how enjoyable the Shaman Deck gameplay looked.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Woow, I was planing to play shaman, So I am very happy to see how enjoyable the Shaman Deck gameplay looked.
    Thats why i was so interested in this one. Next i need to see the warrior one.

Trying to decide between warrior or shaman at the start.

Actually whole match was scripted to make Thrall win, Jaina "player" made a few huuuge mistakes. Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Actually whole match was scripted to make Thrall win, Jaina "player" made a few huuuge mistakes. Eh.
    inb4 HORDE BIAS!!

you have to take into consideration that maybe the person who was playing jaina wasn't a really good TCG player
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    inb4 HORDE BIAS!!

you have to take into consideration that maybe the person who was playing jaina wasn't a really good TCG player
    I am not a TCG player, I saw this game (Hearthstone) 2 times in life and played only Duel Masters maaaaaany years ago. Well, I think that my massive Heroes 3 and Disciples II experience helps with playing this game After all it's almost the same.

Jaina player made a few mistakes :P

I can't wait for Hearthsone Bring the beta faster!

anyone else not that surprised thrall won? :P
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Even if this was true, the way they played would still be what we could expect to play.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

I imagine that the videos/matches are scripted. But they will only be scripted in a way that shows you certain cards and how the game can be played I reckon. It will probably be 2 of the devs that are playing too so they each know all the ins and outs to get the desired effect of showing people how much fun it can be when certain things happen.

Scripted or not though, I enjoyed it and look forward to trying both classes out

Sometimes updated...

Comeon Thrall lets kickass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I imagine that the videos/matches are scripted. But they will only be scripted in a way that shows you certain cards and how the game can be played I reckon.
    Scripted or not though, I enjoyed it and look forward to trying both classes out
    I agree with this its the same with the SC2 videos from both WOL end HOTS beta showing the diffrent matups and units. They are ofc scripted to show diffrent cards and stuff like that. Does not make it any less enjayable to watch imo but I would not expect every game to be like this or the epic warlock vs druid where the lock gets to 1hp and then finally gets to summon jaraxus :P

Well, vids are scripted as they must be, to make them as much fun as possible to watch, I have no problem with that, more likely, I like this that way. But I enjoyed previous fight - Druid vs Warlock and this epic moment of Lord Jaraxxus

Jaina doesn't have any epic card

Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-04-14 at 04:22 PM.

This Jaina is play to bad, a mage in card game, must play ofenssive all time, dont have nothing to heal, but he no use good cards to attack heroes, only cards enemys