Graphics card making noises... and its not the fan

My graphics card makes all the normal noises - it 'hums' when in use and you can hear the airflow etc... but there is another noise...

It sometimes sounds like like an electric drill or buzzsaw when under heavy load, it makes high pitch whirring noises and sometimes sounds as if there's a turkey trapped inside I though it was the fan at first but I tried increasing the fan speed to check and to my suprise the fan is actually very quiet, even at very high speeds... but the most important thing is this - the fan is very clearly a seperate sound to the others I mentioned above, I can hear them both at the same time and if I disable the fan, the other noises continue.

So if it's not the fan making these noises, what is it??

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a Capacitor. They frequently do this (Coil whine), unless it's a bad capacitor i wouldn't worry about it. But theres no way to tell if it's bad or it's just making that noise cause it's being stressed. if it's too annoying, like Toffie said, you can RMA it. But usually it's not a clear-cut sign that it's bad.
    Last edited by Killora; 2013-04-13 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coil whine, mine does it too. You could RMA if it's that annoying.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Badly connected power cables? Not connected well enough? Dust?

I'd be careful, sounds like it might fry or something imo. But I'm no expert, just check the above ones carefully. Also what model etc

edit: or the ones said on above posts..

If you want to check out your capacitor, shut your PC down and see if you see any of them with "crowning" happening. What I mean by this is that they will start to bubble on the top instead of staying smooth and flat, meaning it is bad and eventually will fry out the board.

Deleted
    Probably coil whine, almost all cards nowadays have some degree of coil whine due to the sheer amount of power running trough them, the capacitors tend to vibrate due to it & to the human ear it comes across as a sort of electrical buzzing sound.

If it's extremely bad/annoying you can try to RMA it