Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of. On a couple of sites I would just make a profile, set it all up and on one of the sites I put a picture of myself but I wouldn't do anything on there. I just wanted to see if I could grab a girls attention but sadly I only got 2 girls and they weren't really my types and that was like 3-4 years ago I think. Other than that I haven't really done any online dating, I'd rather meet a girl in real life. Although there was one time where I was on a site playing this social game I used to play while in school back in like middle school when I was around 15 or 16 years old but one day I was at home playing and 3 times I flirted with these girls. First one was apparently some native American girl which went nowhere fast another was a girl from Canada which went on the longest I actually thought I would somehow meet her and then finally after that one ended this other girl who actually called my house and we talked for like a minute, guess she was nervous or scared or something. But that was a long time ago when I was stupid and didn't think things through.

One thing I want to know is how some people meet someone on WoW and actually get married and stay married for 5+ years. I mean how lucky are you?

Edit: the game was called Dinky Bomb on Weplayhere.com. It was actually a really fun game but I guess they took it down for some reason so you can't play it anymore. Here's a link telling about it http://www.spikything.com/dinkybomb/
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-04-15 at 03:03 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really tried online dating. I have no need for it, as I'm in a relationship atm, and I think I won't like it.

On the other hand, I see how it could work for quite some people. For me, and I hope for most people, personality of a (possible) significant other is the most important. This is, I guess, what online dating gives you, personality above looks. Sure one can fake personality on the internet, but so can the person in real life. I do think that people who'd online date most often don't pretend to be someone they're not.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    What amazes me most is reading people on this site (and some in this thread) saying they met their bf/gf/wife/husband in WoW, and all I can think of is "How?"
    Tell me about it man....

That's like holy grail grade stuff there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done online dating plenty, and I've found it to be about as hit and miss as normal dating, but without the pre-screening of having met the person once in person ahead of time. This is just an easy way to meet people as much as it is an expectation of meeting the right person for me.

I don't mention WoW on my profile.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

One thing I will add/admit, is though my luck has been kinda crap, it still can provide an amazing experience/opportunity.
    For example, I did meet one girl through the online dating site who, if we never would've done this online dating thing, our paths probably wouldn't have ever crossed. Same goes for one of my best friends and his fiance, they're getting married in June, and had he not joined a dating website about two years ago they wouldn't have ever met. Lived two hours away, never would've bumped paths or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    What amazes me most is reading people on this site (and some in this thread) saying they met their bf/gf/wife/husband in WoW, and all I can think of is "How?"
    I know lots of people who met in wow and about 4 of the couples I do know are married and 1 of them had a child last year
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    I know lots of people who met in wow and about 4 of the couples I do know are married and 1 of them had a child last year
    Oof, I know someone who moved from the UK to norway, and there married with a kid on the way. All through wow...

There must be some secret channel! LF Hawt gurl, need's 520 ilvl for irl dating.

Meh, i'll just continue running around on pervbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    This just blows my mind how people can meet on WoW and then get married. I am absolutely serious. All I ever met were dudes, or (if I found out someone was female, mostly through vent) female but already taken or 50+ (sorry, 20+ year difference is a bit too much for me).