Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    No , blizzard isnt happy , they are losing a lot of money , and we all know how much blizzard loves money .
    What money are they losing? While there was an initial hemorrhage in subscriptions in Cataclysm, their profits did not wane and actually rose steadily.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Overall, I think MoP has been a great expansion (especially when compared to cataclysm). As the OP hinted at, despite the expansion being great, I've actually been turned off more by this expansion more than any other simply because I feel like there is way more than I can possibly do. I do not have as much time to play the game like I use to, and because there is so much to do I sorta have a "I don't have time to do it all, so why try..." type attitude. True, I never was able to do it all before either, but I was at least able to do as much as I had mind that I should be able to do.

Even though the content itself really good; WotLK still struck a perfect balance between it all IMO.

Give us back reputation grinds by wearing tabards, and problem solved!

Looking at the PTR patch notes: "Shado-Pan and The August Celestials daily quests no longer have a faction prerequisite to be Revered with the Golden Lotus.". This is Blizzard admitting defeat in their daily quest crusade! Would they make a change like this if they were happy with MoP? The answer is a resounding no, they're not happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I already do that. >.>
    You're a better man than me. I'm down to 3 alts and with how hard LFR-ToT now I'm struggling to want to run any. Took me 5 hours on Saturday to clear out ToT on the Hunter, with the Flesh shaping halls being the worst of it. And people must be trolling these days, because how is there still people who don't know not to run underneath Garalon ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    What money are they losing? While there was an initial hemorrhage in subscriptions in Cataclysm, their profits did not wane and actually rose steadily.
    Indeed. And they said the loss was concentrated in the East, where ARPU is lower than in the west (just how much lower depends on what fraction of that loss was in China instead of Korea/Taiwan.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

I thought cataclysm was terrible and I am currently enjoying MoP A LOT which I never thought would be the case. The big downside still is 10 and 25 man raiding been made equal but they can't reverse that change. As great as this expansion has been the dessimation of 25 man raiding guilds in cataclysm destroyed realm/faction communities.

It's pretty plain to see the realms that are thriving are ones where GMs and Officers continue to do 25 man raiding because they are the foundations of realm communities.

10man raiding guilds are boring and normally dead outside of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I didn't ignore it. I didn't care about it.
    ...and that's ignoring a guy's entire other point and then dragging on.

Sigh. How rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    I thought cataclysm was terrible and I am currently enjoying MoP A LOT which I never thought would be the case. The big downside still is 10 and 25 man raiding been made equal but they can't reverse that change. As great as this expansion has been the dessimation of 25 man raiding guilds in cataclysm destroyed realm/faction communities.

It's pretty plain to see the realms that are thriving are ones where GMs and Officers continue to do 25 man raiding because they are the foundations of realm communities.

10man raiding guilds are boring and normally dead outside of raids.
    This is pretty much spot on! Dare I say it MoP has been great but blizzard killed off a lot of realms that were once thriving with 25 man raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post

I'm curious how you would prove such a point ? When I look at Mal'ganis-US are you saying, it's only a thriving realm because it has 25 man raiding ? Is Illidan-US the biggest server in the US, because solely of Blood Legion's GMs and officers ?

Are you saying that realms that are dying is solely because there is no 25 man raiding there?

When I look on our realm, the top 2 guilds are 25 man, one is even ranked top 60 in the world. Our server pop started dying before Cata, though it nosed dived during cata, but I'm not sure how you can blame that on 10man raiding.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-16 at 02:39 PM.

Running alts in the most alt unfriendly xpac of all time..yah no.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm curious how you would prove such a point ? When I look at Mal'ganis-US are you saying, it's only a thriving realm because it has 25 man raiding ? Is Illidan-US the biggest server in the US, because solely of Blood Legion's GMs and officers ?

Are you saying that realms that are dying is solely because there is no 25 man raiding there?

When I look on our realm, the top 2 guilds are 25 man, one is even ranked top 60 in the world. Our server pop started dying before Cata, though it nosed dived during cata, but I'm not sure how you can blame that on 10man raiding.
    Yeah I think a lot of factors lead to the population decrease, mainly because cataclysm wasn't great. Blizzard have made a good turn around in MoP. Having been a GM of a couple guilds the decline in 25 man raiding guilds was a contributing factor as less players had raidspots each time a guild downsized.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Looking at the PTR patch notes: "Shado-Pan and The August Celestials daily quests no longer have a faction prerequisite to be Revered with the Golden Lotus.". This is Blizzard admitting defeat in their daily quest crusade! Would they make a change like this if they were happy with MoP? The answer is a resounding no, they're not happy with it.
    I like how you paint MoP as an expansion devoid of everything but dailies.

Posted on the wrong screen

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    I like how you paint MoP as an expansion devoid of everything but dailies.
    Wait! There is more to do than just dailies? Care to share? is this some DLC you have to buy ?!?!!? I must know!
    Here's what I think they should be offering at some point.

Some type of special invitation only event that takes place in the capital cities of each faction. This event will feature various types of creatures, maybe even characters from the past, in which you will engage in combat against them and only can win. They could add some kind of structure to the process in which you fight easy creatures at first and then progress to more difficult creatures, they could also assign some form of numerical value to how far you have progressed.

I'd also like to see another system in which I can travel around Azeroth and collect various vanity creatures and then use those creatures in some sort of system in which I am able to spar other vanity creatures, and as the creatures become stronger they would attain new skills. I'd have it offer out various little things like titles and achievements, because everyone loves those.

I have a tons more ideas I should try to sell to Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of factors lead to the population decrease, mainly because cataclysm wasn't great. Blizzard have made a good turn around in MoP. Having been a GM of a couple guilds the decline in 25 man raiding guilds was a contributing factor as less players had raidspots each time a guild downsized.
    the only issue I take with 25man raiding being the decline in servers is that the raiding population was not the majority of the player base. It might be one factor but it isnt the main one. I know heroics in cata caused huge problems with sub numbers and I think the way dailies caused a lot of gating/grinding was another factor.

I do think they have turned the corner as of 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    the only issue I take with 25man raiding being the decline in servers is that the raiding population was not the majority of the player base. It might be one factor but it isnt the main one. I know heroics in cata caused huge problems with sub numbers and I think the way dailies caused a lot of gating/grinding was another factor.
    PvP is also in very sad shape.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

I don't know much about PVP i am afraid. Can't comment on those factors. But if it is indeed bad then I would not be surprised to see churn there.

Pandaren Monk
    I don't see why not. It's "fun factor" rivals TBC and it story rivals WotLK. IMO those 2 expansions are the best in those fields and being close to both of them would be a success in my book. Sure it's not perfect, but personally I'm happy with it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    They're not happy with the Dailies. That doesn't mean they're not happy with the expansion as a whole.

People will continue to praise how wonderful 25man is until they know what happened to Asian realms after 5.1

(or +8 ilvl patch makes it into NA EU)

I honestly think the 5.3 changes might balance it a bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)