10+ Year Old Account

Left mouse button.

Dear MMOchampioners,

My left mouse button has suddenly today stopped working.
    Well it still works but i have to click super duper hard to click on something.
    I have this mouse for 2 years now and he did every fine yesterday.

It's a steelseries World of Warcraft Cataclysm Mouse.

Is there a way to fix this, it costed me still over 100 Euros, kinda waste to just throw away.

Any ideas?

This is the Mouse:
    http://wccftech.com/images/news/Stee...ming-Mouse.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    I noticed that your in the Netherlands.

When you say you have had it 2 years, is it over 2 years old, or is it comming up to the 2 years old age ?
    reason I am asking if it is under 2 years old and you have the invoice to prove that it is under 2 years since you bought it, then you can speak directly to the manufacturer of the mouse and quote EU Directive 1999/44/EC
    http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cons_i...op/guarantees/
    which Basically states that you have a 2 year guarantee on goods from the day of delivery to you, and if the goods go faulty within that time frame you are entitled to a repair, or replacement of the said goods.

I know for a fact this works as I had to quote it down the phone to someone at Sharkoon to get a replacement headset (much to his annoyance)

if it is older than 2 years, then you could open it up and see what the problem was

Deleted
    by the sound of it u got dirt/dust between the outside button and the part that recieves the click, i suggest opening ur mouse (don't ever use force) and if it doesn't open there might be a screw under a sticker (not famallair with the particulair mouse build) and clean it up. make sure that the 2 parts are put on each other right so the click connects. that should fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I noticed that your in the Netherlands.

When you say you have had it 2 years, is it over 2 years old, or is it comming up to the 2 years old age ?
    reason I am asking if it is under 2 years old and you have the invoice to prove that it is under 2 years since you bought it, then you can speak directly to the manufacturer of the mouse and quote EU Directive 1999/44/EC
    http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cons_i...op/guarantees/
    which Basically states that you have a 2 year guarantee on goods from the day of delivery to you, and if the goods go faulty within that time frame you are entitled to a repair, or replacement of the said goods.

I know for a fact this works as I had to quote it down the phone to someone at Sharkoon to get a replacement headset (much to his annoyance)

if it is older than 2 years, then you could open it up and see what the problem was
    No it's above, i bought it 2 years ago in the summer.
    And i didn't buy it near where i live so hard to retake it to the store.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by platium View Post
    by the sound of it u got dirt/dust between the outside button and the part that recieves the click, i suggest opening ur mouse (don't ever use force) and if it doesn't open there might be a screw under a sticker (not famallair with the particulair mouse build) and clean it up. make sure that the 2 parts are put on each other right so the click connects. that should fix it.
    That is what i was trying to check inside, but there isn't a way insdie, no screws or anything, i don't know how to get in without breaking it :3

Deleted
    only option then is to open it up and clean it out.

Start about 1 min in to see how you open it up.

Clean everything, and then put back together, See if that resolves the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the wow gaming mouse from steelseries as well before... its easily the worst hardware investment i ever made, it was functioning properly for like a half a year, i couldnt even be arsed to claim the warranty and just bought new mouse.
    I dont think steelseries is a bad company who make shit products, but the wow mouse is horrible piece of hardware.
    I'd recommend going for logitech or razer if you want quality mouse.
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogar View Post
    I'd recommend going for logitech or razer if you want quality mouse.
    indeed, I have a 5 years old Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse. Only thing wrong with it is that one of the extra buttons is broke from me cleaning it out =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone for the amazing tips and help!

I have indeed found a way to open my steelseries mouse, The same video you sended Sigma, Thanks again for that!
    I couldn't find a reason what the problem was, he was clean inside and everything looked pretty correct.

I might have cost it myself, by raging and hitting my mouse 100 times over the 2 years.

It is now working correctly again!, Yeaaah!
    I took a good look how everything worked and where the button would click if i clicked the left mouse button, and i checked everything, and well so far i know he couldn't reach the button inside the mouse, so to solve that i putted a real small screw under it, so it would lift up a little, so he could reach the button inside the mouse and well that fixed the problem.

My mouse is working 100% again

Thanks again for all the help!