Thread: gvg in gw2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    jeez man go have a cry. or better yet report me for speaking the truth. 1 dude in a guild could walk into WvWvW and go against 20 in another guild. by your excellent logic THAT is GvG lol one day, when you're all grow'd up, you'll understand the sun doesn't shine out of their ass. sorry if trolling nowadays is talking about the truth. I guess people are too sensitive about their purchases.
    yes I call this trolling, it has nothing to do with constructive criticism, sorry "Dude"
    even stevie wonder can see through that horseshit. face the facts, anet are lazy, and didn't incorporate a staple which was in the first game. again, no wonder 2 of the 3 founding members left when they saw the hodgepodge pile of dung mike was pushing for.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Erm, no.

Guilds are just organizing bodies [of hopefully like minded] players that set out to participate in content as the game rules allow. Guilds are not obliged to bring every member to the activity. Nor is that practical in a design, gameplay or real world logistical sense.

If the game rules state: 8 vs. 8, then a guild brings the 8 best.

If the rules state: 120 vs 120, the best 120 show up.

Etc, etc, et cetera.
    and this can't be done in tPvP? an organizing body which calls it's 5 best players to represent them?

I think the people who miss GvG miss the rules of this mode, not the fact that they can compete against other guilds - which they still can in tPvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    this can't be done in tPvP? an organizing body which calls it's 5 best players to represent them?
    Sure.

Though a page ago the issue was attaching the "gvg" label to WvW skirmishes. Which would be logically impossible, natch.

The conversation began here: link

Sure.

Though a page ago the issue was attaching the "gvg" label to WvW skirmishes. Which would be logically impossible, natch.

The conversation began here: link
    It seems I missed the beginning then, I assumed (damn me) that someone is complaining about no guild wars in GW2 because of the name of the game... meh.

technically slipn speaks the truth, when two guilds fight against each other: it's guild vs. guild. It's not like in the first game because the environment is different, but this doesn't change the fact that there is his guild fighting against another. So guilds can compete against other guilds in GW2.

The other question: can they compete on an absolutely even level? The answer is: not in WvW. They still can in tPvP.

And then there is another question: is the game-mode GvG still alive in GW2. No, not with the same rules. There is a conquest-map which takes inspiration from this game mode, but it plays out differently. Not only because there are no dedicated healers in GW2.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-04-21 at 01:51 AM.

technically slipn speaks the truth, when two guilds fight against each other: it's guild vs. guild. It's not like in the first game because the environment is different, but this doesn't change the fact that there is his guild fighting against another. So guilds can compete against other guilds in GW2.
    In an open environment that applies to any game [or mode] that allows two groups to fight each other. Making the specific tag of GVG in the GW1 sense null and void.

It is a meaningless counter argument.

In an open environment that applies to any game [or mode] that allows two groups to fight each other. Making the specific tag of GVG in the GW1 sense null and void.

It is a meaningless counter argument.
    Well slipn wasn't talking about the GvG-tag, I suppose. He just mentioned that he has fun, fighting with his guild vs. another guild. I don't get why we need to argument about this, we all know that the GvG how it was implemented in GW1 doesn't exist anymore. A lot of people like how the whole guild can participate in a battle against another guild in WvW, no single member excluded.

The people who don't like this have to organize it in tPvP, but as I mentioned above, the rules from GvG aren't here anymore. Live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Well slipn wasn't talking about the GvG-tag, I suppose.
    Meledelion did though.

Hence my in-thread, non-quote post right below. ;D

Whatever happens in WvW, whether people enjoy it or don't is of no relevance. Thread premise is on GvG in the vein of Guild Wars 1.