Thread: CISPA is back

CISPA is back

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...n-act/19sQhBpy

Here’s some info on what will happen to you if you don’t fucking sign this petition.

Your private information from sites, such as Facebook and Google, will be now available to the Goverment. And there’s jack shit you will be able to do about it. If someone doesn’t like you, they can go and check all the information Facebook and Google have about you
    Your military will ALSO have access to said private info.
    No warrants or subpoenas (also known as the “there’s jack shit you will be able to do about it” part)
    Companies that join this shit become immune to criminal and civil liability (also “an aka the “there’s jack shit you will be able to do about it” part”)

Explanation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERicIJ2J5U

EDIT: The vid is a little extreme since I don't think this is "OH GOD FASCISM" but it is uncomfortable to me that they have no criminal liability in this.
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2013-03-04 at 06:42 AM.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost an unwritten rule that if you can't bring forward anything more than a youtube video, chances are half or more of what you say is flat out wrong. Bring forward something more substantial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do these guys even know what they propose to the White House or are they not thinking?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Someone thought that he can do anything in the Internet without repercussions forever? He was wrong.

Fearmongering without understanding what CISPA is. Hooray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I don't even know what CISPA is, but the use of clear fear tactics and resorting to youtube leads me to believe that it makes people angry and thus absolutely has to be evil and naughty :|

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Kissing my private information goodbye now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I don't even know what CISPA is, but the use of clear fear tactics and resorting to youtube leads me to believe that it makes people angry and thus absolutely has to be evil and naughty :|
    It is a bill that clarifies how information is to be shared between Federal Intelligence groups and Private Entities. It doesn't 'enable' the sharing, nor does it require it, or do anything but tell everyone involved how and when that information is supposed to be shared.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CISPA is essentially the U.S governments 2nd attempt at cybersecurity. (Proceeds SOPA) People afraid our personal information will be taken by corporations and occasionally given to the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a bill that clarifies how information is to be shared between Federal Intelligence groups and Private Entities. It doesn't 'enable' the sharing, nor does it require it, or do anything but tell everyone involved how and when that information is supposed to be shared.
    So in other words, this bill is supposed to cut away red tape, was shut down by the.... Senate if my distant memory is not failing me, due to not being specific enough and leaving room for abuse, and is now back and being renegotiated to close these gaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_I...Protection_Act
    Was proposed last year as a reaction to 'hackers' and such if I remember correctly.
    It's an extreme way to monitor information really unless they changed something.

Edit - Nevermind, no changes.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-03-04 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone link me to a place that gives me the cold, hard facts about CISPA? Like, the actual proposal instead of the usual pro/anti-spinning youtube-vids?

Edit: Thanks, Remilia!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

So in other words, this bill is supposed to cut away red tape, was shut down by the.... Senate if my distant memory is not failing me, due to not being specific enough and leaving room for abuse, and is now back and being renegotiated to close these gaps?
    It is essentially a clarification of how it is supposed to happen, since there is really nothing federally (that I am aware of, at least) that says how and when to share this sort of information between the Intelligence Community and Private Sector, yet the US (both public and private entities) is absolutely horrible at protecting itself from cyber attacks including information sharing between the communities.

I hope justice will be served fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr3523/text

For those who want to read legal garbile.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Your private information from sites, such as Facebook and Google, will be now available to the Goverment. And there’s jack shit you will be able to do about it. If someone doesn’t like you, they can go and check all the information Facebook and Google have about you
    Facebook info is private? This is news to me. Anyone with half a brain knows that if you don't want something to be public, you don't put it online.

You know what? There is something you can do about it despite your claim that nobody can do jack shit about it. You can just not put that shit online. You don't want people to know you like Palestine? Don't hit like on their page. You don't want people to know you listen to Justin Bieber? Don't like his page. It's that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Seems like another veto is coming. Cheers.