View Poll Results: Do you want N Korea to attack?

Voters
259. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Liberate its people.

94 36.29%
  • No. It would be too high a price for freedom.

120 46.33%
  • Not sure, maybe.

45 17.37%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you want North Korea to attack?

Don't get me wrong. War should always be avoided if possible, and I truly dread the day when war eventually breaks out to ruin the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

But I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that North Korea's whining is turning out to be nothing more but their usual tough talk.

I want to see North Korea attack in a sense, because it would permit the rest of the world to liberate its people. Sure, now they love the 'dear leader' and might feel content with living as they do. But I'm thinking of future generations as well. Don't they deserve a chance to be free?

Deleted
    Sure, whatever, as long as they attack 'MURICA.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-04-14 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they shut up already.

Not sure why you thought it's anything more than tough talk. Not surprised at all.

Deleted
    all i want is the UK to stay out of it and Mr Cameron to not try to fan any fires to stay in power.

Deleted
    I'd agree future generations deserve to be free. But as long as the North Korean people do not step up against their leader and are content with the way it is (unless they're pretending to, which wouldn't surprise me), there's no point in 'freeing' them, because the ones that freed them, will never been seen as saviors, but as an enemy that took over their land. Once the people rise up and other nations would possibly help with that, then it might work. But note that 'freedom' is interpreted different by people living under different circumstances. That what seems better in our eyes, doesn't have to be better in their eyes.

Deleted
    I don't understand why so many people are worried about the 'poor' north koreans why they even don't give a shit about the homeless guy living down in their street.

We are not a world police, if they have problems they should fix them themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1911 View Post
    I'd agree future generations deserve to be free. But as long as the North Korean people do not step up against their leader and are content with the way it is (unless they're pretending to, which wouldn't surprise me), there's no point in 'freeing' them, because the ones that freed them, will never been seen as saviors, but as an enemy that took over their land. Once the people rise up and other nations would possibly help with that, then it might work. But note that 'freedom' is interpreted different by people living under different circumstances. That what seems better in our eyes, doesn't have to be better in their eyes.
    they cant step up the north korean army is as big as its civilian population the soldiers dont live in poverty so why would they revolt

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Voted "Not sure", because if this could just die down without a single shot fired that would be great, on the short term... but that regime HAS to fall. A large part of the population is starving and the regime spends over 30% of it's total GDP on the military. Why?

The people are prisoners in their own country, but the authority is so powerful that no uprising can happen without outside aid. People are scared, and you can be sent, along with your children and parents, to prison where people have to eat rats in order to survive, where the guards could decide to execute anyone because they're bored.

Simplified, what I'd like to see is as many as possible civilians evacuated from Pyongyang, bomb key governmental structures, end the Kim hierarchy.
    Sadly the people are probably so deep in the propaganda swamp that there would probably be atleast a couple of million who'd want revenge on the "imperialists".

But perhaps you could just wait it out? Un has dug himself a hole as the united nations didn't give in to his barking, and in NK he's losing his face. IT is slowly creeping into the civilians hands.. with proper internet. The more that realizes that not everyone outside of NK is suffering worse than they are, the better.

So yes, in some ways I want a war. I think the people need to get rid of the hierarchy that has absolute power.
    Some here in the thread mentions how the people arguably doesn't want to be liberated, but how do you start an uprising when civilians HAVE NO POWER? Even if they somehow managed to gather a large and brave amount of people, they'd just get shot on the spot, and Un could puke all over them in their media.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-04-14 at 12:34 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

If it escalates, how do you know that the act of 'liberation' would be sucessful? I would doubt that, personally, but it certainly sounds like that's what you'd expect to me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And who are we to say that they should lose millions of innocent people to obtain freedom..

Did the French have some random country invade them to bring them democracy?
    Did other countries invade the US to bring them a constitution?
    Did other countries invade Holland to make it one of the first republics in the world?
    etc etc

Almost all successful revolutions share one same trait: It wasn't forced upon a country. And that is why they worked, because the people wanted it and decided it was worth fighting and dying for.
    If you don't let the people decide that for themselves you will get the same mess in North Korea as you have in Afghanistan or Iraq.
    its more than just freeing the people its removing a global cause of tension they may not be too powerful now but they could be and i they are left alone they will be.

remember that 7 man political party called the nazis? well they grew and grew and grew and grew and they werent taken care of until it was too late they broke the treaty of versai and we let them off eventually world war 2 happend if you could go back and shut down that 7 man party would you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but we all know it won't happen. The media is trying to convince Americans of otherwise but it's not going to happen.

North Korea seems to have legit pissed off its leading exporter: China. I say let the Chinese take care of it. They won't let North Korea do anything to mess up the (Classified) trade deals they have South Korea, Japan and the U.S.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Jeremy Paxman on Kim Jong un - "And the Natrual Response to the spectle of a fat little man in a obured boiler suit issuing such threats is to perhaps, Laugh"
    signature worthy I think
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-04-14 at 12:37 PM.

I would love to see the people liberated but it would be such a shock to them I'm not sure if it would just fall back to the way it was before hand.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    nothing is really going on up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    If it escalates, how do you know that the act of 'liberation' would be sucessful? I would doubt that, personally, but it certainly sounds like that's what you'd expect to me...
    We can't know, what I do "know" is that if we managed to get a South Korean authority in NK, it would be a step in the right direction. The people have to be rehabilitated. Yeah, that's how far their propaganda has progressed. 10 month old children being taken to special schools to learn how the Kim regime is the best shit ever, and dissidents are the scum of the Earth. That's how far they are willing to go to make sure people are obedient.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Sure, they can attack. It could get us a new season of M.A.S.H.

Deleted
    Yes. So then I can laugh at those idiots who do not take seriously their threats.

I really don't think it's right for me to say yes if I'm not signed up to go fight them myself. I believe most of you who've voted "yes" for war aren't signed up either. We're going to sit back and watch like it's the Hunger Games or some shit, right?

Deleted
    It is my understanding that everyone calling for war is either a civilian with a shitty excuse for not signing up or serving military in a rear echelon position.