Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Recommend the G35, have it myself.

The cable is braided, it's a very nicely protected cable.

The size is adjustable with the metal sides. You can swap the top of the thing to firt your headsize.

It has a great flexible mic with a LED on it which glows red if you muted yourself. (you can turn the LED off anyway if you want)

The sound quality is very good and you can adjust the bass and treble since it has it's own driver program.

I must say, the sound isolation is outright insane, you can barely hear anything outside it. Seriously.

Also, it comes with voice changing software, it's good for a few laughs.

Here is a review:

I picked up a Corsair Vengeance 1500 maybe 5-6 months ago and definitely would recommend that. I was a bit hesitant to spend $100 on a headset (think it's actually gone down in price some since I bought mine) since I've been used to the $20 Walmart specials for years, but I have not been disappointed at all. It's pretty low cost for what you're getting, and I'd put it right next to some of the $150 headsets in terms of quality. You get that "head is being squeezed by a vice" feeling the first couple of times you wear it, but it's really comfortable once you break it in. I use mine for gaming and music (metal), and I'm happy with it.

I have one friend on vent who says I sound like shit since I got the new headset, but I sound fine to everyone else, so I figure that's just something weird on his end. I believe you can get a wireless model as well (the Vengeance 2000), but I preferred the corded model. I have no need for a wireless headset and saved a few bucks by getting the corded one.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-04-15 at 04:35 PM.

Nobody has asked the OP what his budget is. Shouldn't we wait for a price-bracket before recommending 150 dollar equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Nobody has asked the OP what his budget is. Shouldn't we wait for a price-bracket before recommending 150 dollar equipment?
    I believe the OP said there is no specific budget.

If you are after the quality, forget about any "gaming" headset and most definately anything 5.1 or 7.1.

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ohm (if you like alot of bass) or 250 Ohm (if you prefer more balanced sound, however for those you would need an amplifier) + a soundcard.
    Movies are gonna sound great, music, as long as you download 320kbps mp3's/flac's is gonna sound much better compared to what youve heard so far and when it comes to gaming you will have NO issues whatsoever with positional sound (as long as you buy decent sound card).
    Also those beyerdynamics are closed headphones and isolate sound incredibly well.
    I'm currently running with 80 Ohm ones+creative xtreme gamer i bought ages ago and i'm loving that setup

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-...-mad-dog-added
    Here you have decent guide for gaming headphones.
    As for microphone, zalman clip on mic will do the job just fine.

Overall i just recommend going to head-fi.org and just look around and you will find tons of information when it comes to chosing headphones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Sennheiser PC 360.

Best headset I have ever owned, great sound, comfy on the ears, can wear for a very long time which is very important.

Before getting the PC 360 I nearly went for the Razer headset, but reading reviews put me off as the sound is supposed to be crap for the price you pay, a bit like dr dre beats.
    Alternatively, if you have noise to deal with and want a closed headset, the PC 350 or PC 350 special edition (the differences between the regular and SE are the volume control is on the earcup (rather than inline), the mic auto-mutes when raised (rather than an inline switch), and the cable is braided fabric rather than rubber. It also comes with a case.) would be good options.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Look no further:

DO NOT GET THE WIRELESS VERSION (G37 or wathever :P) OF THIS HEADSET...the wireless version mic is shit in a lot of cases.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-04-15 at 04:42 PM.

Logitech g930
    pros: wireless, macro keys, 7.1 surround, deep bass, closed cup(strong sound isolation), usb, no static noise, off ear, instant mic feedback
    cons: battery will drain eventually

Razer Carcharias
    pros: fuzzy pads, off ear, open cup(no sound isolation), no feedback
    cons: god damn wire, weak bass, stereo, standard mic plug might cause static noise

*open cup lets you hear the room, but also lets the room hear your headphones

Also I strongly disagree that the mic is terrible. I have friends that use this headset and they sound perfectly fine over vent.
    Last edited by sophos1; 2013-04-15 at 05:48 PM.