10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I'll look at the article tomorrow, but part of what you summarized seems quite probable though. I don't know enough about humans to say how true it could be, but if you look at animals you can see that basic theory playing out every day. Female animals of a species seek out the best looking / strongest males to mate with because (it is believed) that will lead to a better gene pool for their offspring. Animals have on main thing on their mind and that is to pass their gene on. They will go miles outside of their territory to seek out the best males even though it puts them in danger of running into the dominant females in that area.

But as I said I haven't read the article so it's completely possible I come away with thinking this guy is a whack job too.

Hell, I think most scientists are a little bit crazy. They often come up with crazy ass theories that have no basis in....fact(?) or common sense.
    Oh, yeah, I get that, but that doesn't mean that ugly people are necessarily weaker, and it doesn't mean that ugly people can't use cosmetics, just like other people, which would solve the problem of "Oh, I'm ugly, but not necessarily less intelligent, weak, or otherwise lesser" in genetics. Basically, the implication to me was "Ugly people are stupid".

Most of what I was getting at was the inconsistency of it, he says that we'll evolve into 2 different species, but we'll all homogenize because of cosmetics.

The lack of sources is also somewhat frightening to me, because it's totally possible that the "top scientist" they're citing didn't actually mean what was written about his report, and they're just using him as a crummy basis and making him look like a complete scumbag.

Personally, my thoughts on the whole "evolution of human" thing is that 100,000 years from now, we probably won't even be biological, or if we are, we'll have the ability to pretty much engineer humans by mixed the genes we want, making us perfect, or at least perfect in the eyes of whoever is engineering it all.

If we were truly to separate into 2 different species, one nearing perfect (attractive, intelligent ruling elite, living at least 120 years), and one terrible (dim-witted, ugly goblin-like creatures), I would think the nearing perfect species would out compete the lesser species, or if they don't the lesser species will end themselves by continually declining in "good" traits, as predicted by the article.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    That all seems very complicated and very far fetched.

Sure might be true, but I have a hard time caring for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

+25

FFFUCCCKKK home from the trip. so glad to be, cba to read thoese long posts just dont have it in me tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I was prepared to enter into a tirade about people who know nothing about evolution talking entirely out of their posteriors, but something told me that no self-respecting evolutionary theorist could say anything this silly and not mean it as a parody or an April Fool’s joke. And guess what? Dr. Curry wasn’t this silly. Not by a long shot.

This BBC story is one of many to have picked up these “expert predictions” as though they had merit. However, these were not predictions at all, but intentionally amusing speculations written in a short piece for a television station. As Dr. Curry put it on his website, “The Bravo Evolution Report was a brief ‘think piece’, commissioned by Bravo Television to celebrate their 21st anniversary. Writing about the future of evolution for Bravo seemed to offer a fun, ‘sci fi’ way to introduce some evolutionary principles to a popular audience.”

As Dr. Curry notes in a remarkably restrained understatement, “Unfortunately, when filtered through headlines and talkshows, the coverage did not faithfully reflect the aim and scope of the original piece”.
    As it turns out, the guy only wrote that just as a mild, unbelieved (by the author, it seems) speculation to sort of education people.

It appears that some people took it too seriously and BBC had an article on it, followed by many other articles who believed that what was being said by our dear, poor Dr. Curry, was thoroughly researched, thought out, based on fact, and thought to be legit, when in reality, Curry was just flinging about words because he felt like it.

In other words, it sounds like Curry doesn't actually believe what he said, especially as he wrote it with no supporting facts or evidence.

Unfortunately, the links from the article explaining Curry's position don't all work, and don't have a working link to the original piece Curry wrote on the 2 species theory.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    +25

FFFUCCCKKK home from the trip. so glad to be, cba to read thoese long posts just dont have it in me tonight.
    They're not important.

Hai, Fox! Glad to have you back.

aaaand as you come back, I realize that it's nearing 2:30 and my parents ask that I go to bed early today (lol), soooooooooo I should probably sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    *headbumps affectionately*

+23

Where did you go? :3

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

+ 24

Haj kitteh. Did you see the newest changes to Shadowform?

+ 25

Kitteh and fox back at same time? I sniff...nothing, just being silly.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

It breaks my heart to love you, oh it breaks my heart to love you!

+26

Dafuq phone subscription prices have pretty much doubled since I bought my old one 2 years ago 0.0
    I'm not going to pay 61€ a month, wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Haj kitteh. Did you see the newest changes to Shadowform?
    The last thing I saw was that they were removing the passive damage reduction....

I'm almost afraid to look now.

+24

Kittehs EVERYWHERE!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

+ 25

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked. That's...... interesting.....

Will certainly help with PvE physical damage, and as far as I'm aware, Melee training us in PvP. I wonder how it will stack with Inner Fire (10% armour and spell power), as well as the glyph (+another 5%). I'd still sooner have the -15% damage though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Dafuq phone subscription prices have pretty much doubled since I bought my old one 2 years ago 0.0
    I'm not going to pay 61€ a month, wtf.
    €61? I pay €15. Not sure what you're looking at, but it's not the right one

+ 26

I looked. That's...... interesting.....

Will certainly help with PvE physical damage, and as far as I'm aware, Melee training us in PvP. I wonder how it will stack with Inner Fire (10% armour and spell power), as well as the glyph (+another 5%). I'd still sooner have the -15% damage though. :P
    It's something at least. Hunters are getting interesting things removed too. Stampede pets only do auto-attacks now, silencing shot MM only and Readiness only resets a few things now. Guess we'll see next week how they compensate that.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-06-21 at 09:06 AM.

+ 28

Haj Ely. Does it rain over there too?

61 for the most expensive ones ofc :P None below 30, though. Retarded prices, maybe I'll just not get a lease thingie.

Hi Ely.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something at least. Hunters are getting interesting things removed too. Stampede pets only do auto-attacks now, silencing shot MM only and Readiness only resets a few things now. Guess we'll see next week how they compensate that.
    I thought all those Hunter changes went live already.

I guess this is just PTR at least. So there's still time for it being reverted. But in the case of Shadow Priests at least, since we have so few defensive CDs, the initial removal of the damage bonus was just devastating.

I approve of the changes to FCDL, since nobody takes that talent. All they need to do is revert the change to the glyph so we can get our instant Mind Blasts back.

I still think tying in Divine Insight's effect to just Penance for Disc Priests, even with the change to 100%, still doesn't make it all that attractive. We'll see.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 10:20 AM ----------

Haj Ely. Does it rain over there too?
    This is the UK. We have the reputation for it always raining for a reason.

Pretty much. It looks like it'll rain today, all grey and cloudy.

I thought all those Hunter changes went live already.

I guess this is just PTR at least. So there's still time for it being reverted. But in the case of Shadow Priests at least, since we have so few defensive CDs, the initial removal of the damage bonus was just devastating.

I approve of the changes to FCDL, since nobody takes that talent. All they need to do is revert the change to the glyph so we can get our instant Mind Blasts back.

I still think tying in Divine Insight's effect to just Penance for Disc Priests, even with the change to 100%, still doesn't make it all that attractive. We'll see.
    Only the Stampede thing, the rest still has to come. From the logs that I've seen Hunters at this moment are either in the middle or lower half DPS wise, so nerfs aren't really necessary.
    Indeed, PTR, but if nobody tells Blizzard what they think, not much will change.

Well ye, but on TV I didn't really see rain during the Olympics or during those bicycle campaigns.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    61 for the most expensive ones ofc :P None below 30, though. Retarded prices, maybe I'll just not get a lease thingie.
    Oh, lease. KPN already stopped with that I think. Downside is that in the end you'll pay the same as when you just buy the phone, but you still have to return it after the contract ends. At least when you buy it and get a sim-only, you get to keep the phone afterwards