Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Even if they do view animals as objects, why would you abuse something that you paid money for and have to continue to spend money on. Above that, if they didn't care about any of that and they're just uberselfish, why would they take the risk of being arrested for abusing an animal.
    Why do you throw away or hit your computer when it stops working the way you want it to work? Also, fuck da paolice !

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they do view animals as objects, why would you abuse something that you paid money for and have to continue to spend money on. Above that, if they didn't care about any of that and they're just uberselfish, why would they take the risk of being arrested for abusing an animal.
    Why people abuse things isn't black and white, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Why do you throw away or hit your computer when it stops working the way you want it to work? Also, fuck da paolice !
    We don't throw away computers. We just let it sit around downstairs. I don't hit the computer either, I usually just throw the headphones if I get upset. Either way though, I wouldn't if it was illegal. xD

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Why people abuse things isn't black and white, unfortunately.
    I suppose I'll never really understand it then.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Either way, animals are something that is less worth than humans. They are not only less worth to humans compared to humans, which would be an acceptable stance if it was that easy. But they are also less worth than humans to earth according to humans. Most people you find will claim that humans do more good for earth and the environment than any animal does, they will say this with utter most sincerity, which indicates just how fail most humans are. Killing off a few species or destroying some habitats won't harm earth, earth is immortal and it has us humans to repair stuff that's broken.

When you start to think about it, it's quite amazing how arrogant and deluded we are as a species

+23

I personally prefer animals over humans, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Mynta Swirl~ View Post
    +23

I personally prefer animals over humans, lol.
    You and me both

+24

Deleted
    + 22

Depending on the circumstances I can like a human/animal more than the other, in the world of today of course. If there was an apocalypse or some shit like that, I'd save a human over an animal all the time just for the sake of survival...

Humans are animals too
    however The worth of humans is superior to animals
    and sentient animals superior to non sentient

It's not a matter of who will live the longest while keeping the earth "natural" the worth is defined mainly by intelligence, and ability to be aware of ones own demise.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 06:51 PM ----------

oh and in the dilemma of saving a human vs another animal. I will save the human any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    + 22

Depending on the circumstances I can like a human/animal more than the other, in the world of today of course. If there was an apocalypse or some shit like that, I'd save a human over an animal all the time just for the sake of survival...
    If it was just you and whoever you saved, you'd more than likely be better off with the animal. :P Most humans wouldn't know how to survive if they had to, especially in an apocalypse situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 23

The new Xbox!

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, animals are something that is less worth than humans. They are not only less worth to humans compared to humans, which would be an acceptable stance if it was that easy. But they are also less worth than humans to earth according to humans. Most people you find will claim that humans do more good for earth and the environment than any animal does, they will say this with utter most sincerity, which indicates just how fail most humans are. Killing off a few species or destroying some habitats won't harm earth, earth is immortal and it has us humans to repair stuff that's broken.

When you start to think about it, it's quite amazing how arrogant and deluded we are as a species
    We have the potential to be able to do the most "good" for Earth, but we really aren't. Tbh, I don't actually care about animals or the environment, I think they exist to keep my species alive, well for the most part, I still get pretty emotionally attached to individual animals. So I'm a little bit (a lot) of an asshole in that respect.

I just don't see any reason to hurt animals if it's not going to do any good, or to not help the animals if it's not much trouble to do so.

Like Fox said though, humans are animals, and the fact that we think ourselves to be better or worse than animals is ridiculous. I'd rather that other species die out rather than have my species die out, even if the continuation of my species is highly detrimental to all the other species and the Earth in general.

Something.

15+ Year Old Account

Superman. NOW WITH GROIN ARTICULATION!

Erm. Wat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/944112_10152821150065648_91747463_n.jpg[/IG]

Erm. Wat?
    Gotta love the Superdick.

Deleted
    We have the potential to be able to do the most "good" for Earth, but we really aren't. Tbh, I don't actually care about animals or the environment, I think they exist to keep my species alive, well for the most part, I still get pretty emotionally attached to individual animals. So I'm a little bit (a lot) of an asshole in that respect.
    That's exactly what other animals purpose is. And that is the reason why humans are so goddamn stupid when it comes to how we treat other species and ecosystems. We don't have to think highly of other animals or even like them but we do need to realize that they are part of our existence and essential to our species continuation.

Like Fox said though, humans are animals, and the fact that we think ourselves to be better or worse than animals is ridiculous. I'd rather that other species die out rather than have my species die out, even if the continuation of my species is highly detrimental to all the other species and the Earth in general.
    Of course you do, it's completely normal to be more preservative of your own species than others. But we are supposed to be intelligent and understand that for our continued survival we need other species and ecosystems. But we care too much about how the economy will affect the individual person if we do take steps towards integrating ourselves better with nature... Our species have so much potential but we are weak willed and greedy. Maybe those traits will evolve away eventually but until then we aren't as superior we think we are.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-05-22 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Mynta Swirl~ View Post
    If it was just you and whoever you saved, you'd more than likely be better off with the animal. :P Most humans wouldn't know how to survive if they had to, especially in an apocalypse situation.
    If there was such a thing as an apocalypse, which implies mankind's fate would be at the brink of destruction, I'd save any human over any animal any day.

My species, when it comes to survival > other animals
    Like Fox said though, humans are animals, and the fact that we think ourselves to be better or worse than animals is ridiculous.
    It's not ridiculous because like Ethon said, we are superior in intelligence. We have the ability to do worse and better than animals. That's a fact right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post

Erm. Wat?
    Lol.

+ 21

10+ Year Old Account
    + 22

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what other animals purpose is. And that is the reason why humans are so goddamn stupid when it comes to how we treat other species and ecosystems. We don't have to think highly of other animals or even like them but we do need to realize that they are part of our existence and essential to our species continuation.

Of course you do, it's completely normal to be more preservative of your own species than others. But we are supposed to be intelligent and understand that for our continued survival we need other species and ecosystems. But we care too much about how the economy will affect the individual person if we do take steps towards integrating ourselves better with nature... Our species have so much potential but we are weak willed and greedy. Maybe those traits will evolve away eventually but until then we aren't as superior we think we are.
    True, I've always told people that I'm an environmentalist entirely because I realize the need to keep the environment around until we no longer need it (i.e. we manage to find a way to more efficiently create oxygen than plants can) but I feel that we'll probably always need it, or at least we'll need it long enough that by the time we don't need it, we'll be on different planets and the environment will still be useful because of the whole "beauty" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If there was such a thing as an apocalypse, which implies mankind's fate would be at the brink of destruction, I'd save any human over any animal any day.

My species, when it comes to survival > other animals

It's not ridiculous because like Ethon said, we are superior in intelligence. We have the ability to do worse and better than animals. That's a fact right there.

Lol.

+ 21
    We're superior in intelligence, but we're not the "best" species to have existed on the planet. We're no different than other living things, we've just found a highly unique niche.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    + 22

[video=youtube;XzxjGEPTPZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzxjGEPTPZw[video]
    That was amazing. 0.0

GG, Garen, GG.

Something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    -VIDEO-

Deleted
    True, I've always told people that I'm an environmentalist entirely because I realize the need to keep the environment around until we no longer need it (i.e. we manage to find a way to more efficiently create oxygen than plants can) but I feel that we'll probably always need it, or at least we'll need it long enough that by the time we don't need it, we'll be on different planets and the environment will still be useful because of the whole "beauty" factor.
    Exactly and as you said we'll most likely always need it as long as we remain here on earth. Until then I'll treat animals and our environment with utmost respect as they keep me and my species alive. And also there are loads of animals that are more intelligent than us is specific fields. We aren't the most intelligent species at all, but we do have a very wide range of different types of intelligence, but nothing we are specifically specialized in doing. This is probably why we are so sucessful. We are just a happy accident

Deleted
    We're superior in intelligence, but we're not the "best" species to have existed on the planet. We're no different than other living things, we've just found a highly unique niche.
    I'm pretty sure we are far too superior/best than any known species on our planet. Technology alone should give it away.

Also, just because we have a few bad apples doesn't mean we still aren't the best species there is. And to be honest, best isn't the best word to use here, I think it's more superior? I don't know but I'm pretty sure humans are way better than any species we know simply because of our intelligence.

+ 20