Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    the problem is that it provide a proc to a stat that causes you to have too much haste for you to fully use, demo have it to a lesser degree and affliction doesnt have it at all, so it will ofc be insanely good for affliction, it owuld be nice if you could decide which stat the proc will have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by incroyable View Post
    The proc isn't bad at all for destro, it's just so freakin' good for affli...
    No, most of the specs gain a lot out of that meta. Look at melee, look at tanks, look at any caster spec that doesn't have both gcd cap problems and shitty proc chance. It's just bad for destro and demo...

Deleted
    I got it yesterday and at least the uptime seemed pretty good, around 25-30%.

Deleted
    Yes the uptime is pretty good, since they buffed the RPPM system. That's the reason it beats the blue meta. Specs that stack haste will have higher uptime though.

Deleted
    I have tested mine now and honestly.. blizzard should allow the gcd to be lowered down to .5 sec by haste. I already reach .65 sec incinerates during bloodlust with this procc and backdraft and I'm gemming and reforging for mastery. How is this supposed to work out with even better gear from the final raid tier?

Ghostcrawler is always so keen on the mechanics being "fun" and waiting that long for the gcd to finish is definately a "fun"-issue.
    It just feels retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    I have tested mine now and honestly.. blizzard should allow the gcd to be lowered down to .5 sec by haste. I already reach .65 sec incinerates during bloodlust with this procc and backdraft and I'm gemming and reforging for mastery. How is this supposed to work out with even better gear from the final raid tier?

Ghostcrawler is always so keen on the mechanics being "fun" and waiting that long for the gcd to finish is definately a "fun"-issue.
    It just feels retarded.
    I get 250% haste during lust and I'm not even at the 13k mark for Aff. My MG cast time is shorter than the GCD, though I can't really complain because now I have fire mage burst as a aff lock.

Hm. I have 2000~ haste, and backdraft as it is pushes me to just about over 1.3 sec. This should be like a backdraft without the mana cost reduction then, I take it. But in compense, I get the extra mana from the haste... It doesn't look HORRIBLE on paper for sure, but I agree this is rather 'meh'. Guess I'll withhold judgement until I actually get it.

What am I supposed to do when the meta procs as demo? Hard casting soul fire (with MC) and shadowbolt? Is a meta proc'ed Doom more dps than a Lei Shen trinket proc Doom?

I dont understand why haste is so strongly valued for demo when your main nuke (ToC) is not affected by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    What am I supposed to do when the meta procs as demo? Hard casting soul fire (with MC) and shadowbolt? Is a meta proc'ed Doom more dps than a Lei Shen trinket proc Doom?

I dont understand why haste is so strongly valued for demo when your main nuke (ToC) is not affected by it.
    As a stable, base stat it's good because it gives you more Fury to use, and therefore more ToCs. The problem is procs and Heroism which cause you to do weird things to maximise your overall damage, while impeding your 'focused' damage for burn phases and such. It was discussed a fair bit in Beta, Xelnath acknowledged it in a PM to me, but they opted not to change it. :|

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I haven't seen addressed in this thread is whether the crit/capiciator(lightning) gem is a better choice for destro? To me it seems even at around haste would be wasted a lot considering even without the haste meta most destro locks are below gcd casts times on incinerate with backdraft up. Im assuming the other meta would proc with ranged spells not just ranged from a hunter? Anyway some input on this would be appreciated,

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 07:09 PM ----------

Will the crit /capicator(lightning) gem proc on spells or just hunter ranged attacks? And if so is this possibly a better option for destro locks?

Deleted
    I don't think it works with spells, but I think it should. Wouldn't mind a blue mentioning a hotfix for those of us that are haste challenged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wont work with spells, but might work with Touch of Chaos/Demonic Slash as they have some weird mechanics having been originally built as melee swings. Agree it would be awesome as an option to get the Capacitive gem.