Supposedly, an arrest was just made.
    (CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 1:47 p.m. Wednesday ]
    An arrest has been made in the Boston bombings investigation based on two videos showing images of the suspect, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2013-04-17 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Apologies if this was posted before:

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

Try not to get too carried away with it...
    I knew they were trying to figure this out on 4chan... I don't think they would go this hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The self proclaimed conservative is wishing death on a politician who received poison in what could be part of this attack. He is agreeing with a terrorist, while claiming that conservatives being blamed is wrong. The best way for him to not slander conservatives, is to claim he is liberal instead.
    Well, that's true... but the one thing I've noticed is that, well - how shall I say this... extremist conservatives aren't very bright. That's usually why they're extremists... :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Apologies if this was posted before:

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

Try not to get too carried away with it...
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8544/8...93a9b8cb_o.jpg

The guy still has his bag after the explosion. He is by the police car.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP reporting arrest is imminent. Will post more as it develops, but it looks like they have them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-bomb/2089963/
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-04-17 at 06:06 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    If the suspect has indeed been arrested, and it is indeed the right person, I hope he is hung in the place of detonation and fed to a flock of crows.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm going to try and be clear and even-tempered.

The term "right-wing" is an incredibly broad term. It refers to anyone who is a political conservative, of any variety, who is traditionalist, who is nationalist, and such. It is a wide spectrum, as is "left-wing", which stands for social justice/civil rights, environmental protections, anti-war stances, and so on. It's possible to hold views on both sides, meaning you're more centrist than focused on either exclusively. There is no "good" or "bad" in either stance; they are simply descriptors of political focus.

When the media refers to the possibility that this attack is motivated by right-wing sentiments, they're looking at the anti-government rhetoric coming out of anti-government extremists who, in this circumstance, are right-wing. There's reason to point this out, since the date and the two ricin attacks (if connected) tie in to that same agenda.

If you're construing that as somehow an attack on all right-wing politicians, you are using this event and the media coverage to try and support your persecution complex. There is no attack on the right wing in play, by the media. It is. Not. Happening. It is wholly and completely invented, in an attempt to take the focus of those who have suffered this tragic attack, and try to claim that right-wing conservatives are the 'real' victims.

It is dishonest. It is insulting. And it needs to stop. Nobody is attacking you. Nobody in the media, nobody in this thread. The media has suggested that right-wing extremists might be responsible. That word in italics is the noun. "Right-wing" is an adjective. If you're not an extremist, they're not talking about you. If they had said "a Chinese-American extremist", because there was a suspect, they wouldn't be implying that the bombs were a Chinese plot, either, or that all Chinese-Americans were somehow complicit. And trying to argue that would be ridiculous, and insulting, for the same reasons this is.

So cut it out. People died. Dozens more are maimed. That's what people care about. Not whether certain people might be getting upset that the media used the term "right-wing".
    This is basically true. You can't blame Islam for Extremist Muslim terrorism... much in the same way you can't blame American Conservatism for Extremist terrorism in the name of patriotism/conservatism.

...but one thing I will say is you tend to find way WAY less Liberals threatening and killing people for their cause, especially considering that method is mostly counter-productive to the overall cause of the so-called "left" in the first place. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    If the suspect has indeed been arrested, and it is indeed the right person, I hope he is hung in the place of detonation and fed to a flock of crows.
    here's hoping he resists

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post

Item duping bug perhaps?

EDIT: But judging by their ridiculously overpacked backpacks, the fact that they are always watching the crowd instead of the marathon, and their icy demeanor, my guess is they are plain clothed security officers, because for some reason man kind still hasn't developed the technology to make plain clothed security blend in with the crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    here's hoping he resists
    The article makes it seem he will be capable of appearing in court.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I have no clue and do not recommend anyone google it. I left my anti-drone hood at the cleaners and am all out of tin foil.
    Ricin is from the castor plant. The entire plant is poisonous in varying forms but to make that poison, you take the beans and mash them and cook them down. Take out the hulled bits and the leftover liquid is the poison. Or something to that effect. Castor oil, used sometimes as a remedy for ailments, is also made in a similar-ish process. I'm a little fuzzy on the process but from what I heard it doesn't sound terribly hard.

The plant itself isn't hard to come by. My parents have them growing in the back yard because they're pretty. Two kinds even. The only reason I have any idea about the poison production is I saw a vid on it not that long ago, just don't recall where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    Ricin is from the castor plant. The entire plant is poisonous in varying forms but to make that poison, you take the beans and mash them and cook them down. Take out the hulled bits and the leftover liquid is the poison. Or something to that effect. Castor oil, used sometimes as a remedy for ailments, is also made in a similar-ish process. I'm a little fuzzy on the process but from what I heard it doesn't sound terribly hard.

The plant itself isn't hard to come by. My parents have them growing in the back yard because they're pretty. Two kinds even. The only reason I have any idea about the poison production is I saw a vid on it not that long ago, just don't recall where.
    Cool, thanks for the info!

Security has been tightened around the federal courthouse in Boston, and a press conference called for 5:00. Rumor is that the surveillance footage from Lord and Taylor has clear footage of a man placing the bag down, and the face is quite distinct. There is also footage from a local news station with the same person, with and without bag.

We'll see.

Justice. A thing lacking in this day and age.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I hope he is hung in the place of detonation and fed to a flock of crows.
    someones been playing bioshock

Deleted
    I just hope that when they do arrest or raid anyone it is not this Friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Security has been tightened around the federal courthouse in Boston, and a press conference called for 5:00. Rumor is that the surveillance footage from Lord and Taylor has clear footage of a man placing the bag down, and the face is quite distinct. There is also footage from a local news station with the same person, with and without bag.

We'll see.
    Yep, AP is reporting the same. It's going down... In 3 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post

Good catch.

Local Boston station live twitter feed:

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th...oston_Marathon

An arrest has been made in the Boston bombings investigation based on two videos showing images of the suspect, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend.
    by Neil Ungerleider/Staff 4/17/2013 6:10:58 PM 2:10 PM

Suspects at Federal Court are brought into an entrance away from public view.
    by Neil Ungerleider/Staff 4/17/2013 6:08:42 PM 2:08 PM

Jack Harper says a large crowd of spectators has gathered.
    by Neil Ungerleider/Staff 4/17/2013 6:08:20 PM 2:08 PM

2:08 PMJim Lokay/Staff @LokayWCVBRT @WCVB: Suspect arrested in #BostonMarathon bombings, heading to Federal Court now. via @AP Live video: http://on.wcvb.com/XPieWS
    ReplyRetweetFavorite Permalink

Jack Harper says the security at the Federal Courthouse is almost unprecedented.

Read more: http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th...#ixzz2QkJ9Q57N

10+ Year Old Account
    Live mobile feed:
    http://csm-e-use1-2.cds1.yospace.com...e/49753911.hls

Male suspect... Singular...