Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    I really hope this doesn't result in hate crimes against Saudis.

i would be surprised if they caught someone this fast to be honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    More bombs are going off now seems america is under attack. I think North Korea is somehow involved.
    Ok come on guys, use your common sense here.

If NK had done this there would be thousands dead.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Google setup a People Finder for Boston Marathon Explosions: http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions/

Note they have turned off cell phones in that area too, due to risk of further device explosions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Whoever put those pictures up earlier in the thread...I hate you (hopefully they're gone now, I'm too scared to check).
    I'm at work and was browsing, came across the poor man with his leg, and threw up in my garbage can. It was extremely awkward to explain to my boss...

Anyways, this is absolutely terrible. I don't have any other words.
    Now I understand why it is NSFW. Some people are quite sensitive to this stuff.

Deleted
    I don't understand why there ain't being more security and police surrounding an event like that.

cnn just reported that 'officials are working to dismantle other bombs in Boston'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warloff View Post
    The explosion at the JFK Library was in the mechanical room. That's why the commissioner can say there was an explosion there and the library director can say there wasn't bombing. Given that it's in the mechanical room, it might just be an eery coincidence.

hell of a coincidence if so :\

10+ Year Old Account
    More bombs are going off now seems america is under attack. I think North Korea is somehow involved.
    It's very unlikely to be Korea, because their point isn't to hide their actions. They would have had a press release about their success hours ago. This most likely does not have a national tie, but are individuals expressing ideology in the most backwards and horrific way they can.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    I'm sure it wasn't meant to be a racist comment. Rich isn't an idiot. I believe he meant not holding him for his race because of things like 9/11.
    Indeed, it wouldn't be the first time they grabbed the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    There are hundreds of Saudi Arabians in Boston. The cops aren't going to just pick one at random without serious evidence, and the article flat out stated that he was seen on camera bringing multiple backpacks to the bombing sites. So quit trying to make it a race issue.
    And this my friends is called poor reading comprehention leading to jumping to conclusions.

It says they have a Suspect. It also says they have video evidence of SOMEONE carrying backpacks to the area. The article says NOTHING about the SUSPECT carrying backpacks anywhere. Untill more information is brought forward, it is only you who are takeing the two items and immediately assuming they are referring to the same individual.

10+ Year Old Account

That credits them with greater ability then I think they have. However, if it was NK we would have seen a poorly edited video claiming victory.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

No. If North Korea was involved they would have blown themselves up instead, and they would be the only casualties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kennedy School of Gov't at Harvard is being evacuated.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    The NY Post is NOT a reliable source. Stop using them as one.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2013-04-15 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why there ain't being more security and police surrounding an event like that.
    There is. But it seems like the bombs were placed moments before the explosions happened

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Whoever put those pictures up earlier in the thread...I hate you (hopefully they're gone now, I'm too scared to check).
    I'm at work and was browsing, came across the poor man with his leg, and threw up in my garbage can. It was extremely awkward to explain to my boss...

Anyways, this is absolutely terrible. I don't have any other words.
    Shit, that would be awkward to explain to your boss. At work.

Who cares what his nationality is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Indeed, it wouldn't be the first time they grabbed the wrong guy.
    It's pretty early to speculate one way or the other. I'm astonished by how many people are convinced without a shred of evidence. I understand the desire to want answers, but honestly just let the investigators do their job and read up on it as the information is reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    hell of a coincidence if so :\
    It COULD be connected, but my spideysense tells me it doesn't make sense for a terrorist to target the empty and far more secure mechanical room of the JFK library when all his other targets were in public and meant to hit public.

And it's not uncommon for an explosion to happen in the mechanical room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Who cares what his nationality is?
    Hate crimes.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA