Buff to Healing rain

Players with full health no longer count towards the cap for area-of-effect healing abilities and spells.

if only we had this for feng and garajal.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a buff to Healing Rain, but it's a buff to various other healing spells, too. For example: Mushrooms, Holy Radiance, Light's Hammer, Holy Word: Sanctuary, Spinning Crane Kick....

If the cap works with the Conductivity talent, we might actually use it But I doubt it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's a buff to Healing Rain, but it's a buff to various other healing spells, too. For example: Mushrooms, Holy Radiance, Light's Hammer, Holy Word: Sanctuary, Spinning Crane Kick....

If the cap works with the Conductivity talent, we might actually use it But I doubt it will.
    There is no cap, it just takes the amount you healed a person with GHW, HW and HS who stands in the HR and duplicates that.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    There is no cap, it just takes the amount you healed a person with GHW, HW and HS who stands in the HR and duplicates that.
    Yes, but it spreads the healing equally to all targets inside your Healing Rain. Basically if you heal a 100k GHW you get a 30k Conductivity. That 30k is the cap. It's pretty much the same thing as the cap for total healing of Healing Rain regardless of the amount of targets (as long as there are 6 or more of them). So if you have 10 targets inside your Healing Rain, that Conductivity will heal them 3k each, regardless of their health. If there is only one target, it heals 30k.
    Maybe the new system would allow this: 10 targets, 9 of them full health, Conductivity heals 30k on the one guy who isn't at full health (instead of 3k heal on the one guy who has lost health and 27k useless overhealing on the others)
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Yes, but it spreads the healing equally to all targets inside your Healing Rain. Basically if you heal a 100k GHW you get a 30k Conductivity. That 30k is the cap. It's pretty much the same thing as the cap for total healing of Healing Rain regardless of the amount of targets (as long as there are 6 or more of them). So if you have 10 targets inside your Healing Rain, that Conductivity will heal them 3k each, regardless of their health. If there is only one target, it heals 30k.
    Maybe the new system would allow this: 10 targets, 9 of them full health, Conductivity heals 30k on the one guy who isn't at full health (instead of 3k heal on the one guy who has lost health and 27k useless overhealing on the others)
    actually if i am reading this right. if only 1 person was not at full health everyone in healing rain would be healed by 30k. also i understand this is a blanket buff but i thought i would bring it up.

furthermore it is a giant buff to heroic tortos. r shamans should be able to get a good shield on the melee now.

15+ Year Old Account
    @shammypie

Yes, if the buff works for Conductivity, that would happen. The overhealing is just useless though, except for HC Tortos.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a dream coming true and makes Conductivity a bit more interesting, but I doubt it would outweigh the power of Healing Tide Totem where it's not bound to those inside a Healing Rain. Granted that Conductivity has no cooldown, it only affects those inside Healing Rain and with the amount of movement, that would not grant the full duration.

Plus depending on your group setup, Healing Tide always works where as Conductivity would only work if you had at least 1 melee together with a tank, else Healing Rain itself is a gigantic waste of mana and only good as a pre-heal when the tank pulls (or am I the only one doing that?).
    Last edited by Schadow; 2013-04-13 at 12:05 AM.

Basic testing on the PTR indicates that the buff did apply to conductivity (flew up above the shrine target dummies on my mount, dismounted to take falling damage, cast healing rain on an area including multiple people at full HP + myself, and cast earth shock against the target dummy = I received 50% of the damage of my earth shock as healing, and everyone else received 50% of the earth shock damage as overhealing (each)).

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info Nitwit. I really hope it stays that way. That would make Conductivity appealing for encounters where only one healing cooldown is enough.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This change has been removed from the PTR, unknown if this is coming back or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Conductivity and Ascendance both never had caps. They just heal EVERYONE within range (there is no diminishing returns for allies healed over 6). Whereas, Healing Rain healed people up to 6, then started reducing the heals past that. I.E., this change will only effect one spell for Resto Shaman: HR.

I would love for this to not be so though, fingers crossed.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I'm pretty sure Conductivity and Ascendance both never had caps. They just heal EVERYONE within range (there is no diminishing returns for allies healed over 6). Whereas, Healing Rain healed people up to 6, then started reducing the heals past that. I.E., this change will only effect one spell for Resto Shaman: HR.

I would love for this to not be so though, fingers crossed.
    Well, technically Ascendance and Conductivity have a cap. It's the original heal that determines the cap. The diminishing returns start on the second target already. If you heal a 100k GHW during Ascendance and only one player is within the range, that guy gets healed for 100k. If you have 2 players, it's 50k each. So there is a cap.

It might be a bit confusing as normally the caps for AoE heals and damage start to show beyond 6 targets, but for those two spells the cap is actually on one target already.

Conductiv is still meh at best, arguments can be made for it, but situational HTT wins more then not