Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    you guys got Wotlk killing blow, we deserve an expansion boss kill...
    Pardon? The killing blow was taken by Tirion, who was not Alliance aligned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Pardon? The killing blow was taken by Tirion, who was not Alliance aligned.
    He was a stinking human! Not of the horde!

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    That's why having Garrosh and Siege of Orgrimmar as a raid was always a bad idea. There is no possible satisfying conclusion for either side. It can only go down one of three ways:

1) The Horde rebellion gets the kill and Alliance players get angry, feel left out yet again

2) The Alliance gets the kill and Horde players get angry, feel emasculated and robbed of their kill

3) The raid goes down completely different for both factions, which ultimately leads to Blizzard being forced to pick a canonical version and has the same result as 1 or 2.
    I am still rooting for option 4, GARROSH WINS. Horde players are forced to do penance in banishment in the outlands with Thrall. Alliance players flee while Jaina stays behind to cover the escape. Afterwards Voljin's decapitated head is on the Org gate alongside Jaina's, and the Sha are found out to be created by the Pandaren to manipulate both the Horde and Alliance to their own goals. Garrosh then declares open war, and Sylvanas rises up as the Lich Queen and sacks the Wetlands.

So much better then faction carebearing and evil oil monsters made him do it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or hell maybe we're thinking about this all wrong and Garrosh doesn't die at all. maybe he over comes what has taken over him and redeems himself (ala Grom's story) but instead of dying survives, and becomes the awesome Horde Warchief he could have been if Blizz didn't drop the ball on him. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, except we're not taking out Garrosh because he attacked the alliance. We're taking him out because he's ripping the Horde apart.

Once the the Horde handles this little problem, the alliance will be the next thing on the menu.
    Yes, well... Your little problem created the Alliance's greatest weapon.

The Horde, I'd very much like Vol'jin to be the one who does it.

From a realistic point of view if the alliance did it they'd be seen as the invaders, sure Garrosh is a prat in the eyes of some but he's still horde and it's still a horde city. But if a Horde NPC gets the kill then it'll be a victory for the rebellion and one step closer to that peace Jaina and Thrall always wanted. It could cause resentment in the populous if the alliance did it and since Wrathion's been hyping the legions return it'll probably be better for them to be cool rather than hissing and spitting at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    you guys got Wotlk killing blow, we deserve an expansion boss kill...
    Its almost as if there was this Orc shaman who killed Deathwing, who used to be the Warchief of the Horde. Maybe im just imagining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    You're right, the Horde deserve to kill Garrosh. I mean its not like that Theramore didn't get literally blown off the map, killing some of our best generals and military and civilian personal and Ashenvale wasn't invaded by Garrosh and savagely killed hundreds of Alliance members using Magnataur shipped in from Northrend during a surprise attack made up of the Horde.
    if they were that good, they wouldn't have gotten killed. only rhonin is an exception, because he could have survived, but he had to sacrifice himself to save jaina.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

horde having the man put in to power to lead you and protect you instead kill you and enslave you is far worse then just having the king of your enemy destroy a town or two of yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Baine, his father stood up to Garrosh first, way before anyone did anything(words do not mean jack). He deserves the kill, it begin with Cairne it will end with Baine.
    Agreed.

He was the first to stand against Garrosh, he knew Garrosh was bad blood before anyone else. Cairne started this rebellion. If nothing else, he should get some kind of mention (preferably from Vol'Jin, or even Jaina would be good) as the true spirit of the Horde, or something cliche like that.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-04-17 at 04:39 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Garrosh has been your standard enemy to the Alliance. Wrecking forests, sending troops to take over territory, almost kills Anduin, all that stuff.

On the Horde side... Garrosh forbids the Forsaken from getting more troops and keeps them under surveilance. He attempted to assassinate Vol'jin, wanted to keep the trolls under surveilance too and now is pretty much ready to commit genocide. He's using the blood elves to get artefacts, sending them into dangerous territory without warning and ended up causing the Sunreavers to be kicked out of Dalaran (some might be on his side, but I can imagine a bunch were forced...). He doesn't honor goblin contracts (yeah, that's major!).
    Overall he doesn't respect or honor his allies and treats them like crap.

Horde, definitely Horde.
    I think many of the people who have voted for the horde are not very up-to-date on the story. In the book Wolfheart Garrosh goes to great lengths to attack Ashenvale bringing in monsters from Northrend to try to decimate the alliance in a brutal and gruesome assault. In the book Tides of War Garrosh infiltrates the blue dragons and steals the focusing iris with the soul purpose of turning it into a massive bomb and completely obliterate an alliance city. He's done more as well but these are good examples. He's a rabid dog off leash and has his evil eyes set on destroying the alliance. Its only fitting that the Alliance show their might and put down Garrosh for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    That's why having Garrosh and Siege of Orgrimmar as a raid was always a bad idea. There is no possible satisfying conclusion for either side. It can only go down one of three ways:

1) The Horde rebellion gets the kill and Alliance players get angry, feel left out yet again

2) The Alliance gets the kill and Horde players get angry, feel emasculated and robbed of their kill

3) The raid goes down completely different for both factions, which ultimately leads to Blizzard being forced to pick a canonical version and has the same result as 1 or 2.
    They could do a middle ground.

Jaina gets to fight Garrosh, she manages to burn him to a crisp. Then the Alliance leaves the area happy they ended the threat. Then the Horde leaders get there and start to discuss, but the Sha-Garrosh rises up and fights them. And as such Alliance feels they won against Garrosh, while Horde feels they put down the evil in Garrosh. And both "killed" him.

Or, even better, make it a teamwork. Jaina and Vol'jin fight together against Garrosh, yet he's about to defeat both as each try to get him themselves. So they decide to work together, Jaina uses her powers to distract Garrosh while Vol'jin leaps behind him. Garrosh turns to see Vol'jin just as Vol'jin strikes him in the chest, but surprise, there's also an ice shard in his back, for when Garrosh turned his back on Jaina she also sent ice shards towards him. So both strike him in same time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    They could do a middle ground.

Jaina gets to fight Garrosh, she manages to burn him to a crisp. Then the Alliance leaves the area happy they ended the threat. Then the Horde leaders get there and start to discuss, but the Sha-Garrosh rises up and fights them. And as such Alliance feels they won against Garrosh, while Horde feels they put down the evil in Garrosh. And both "killed" him.

Or, even better, make it a teamwork. Jaina and Vol'jin fight together against Garrosh, yet he's about to defeat both as each try to get him themselves. So they decide to work together, Jaina uses her powers to distract Garrosh while Vol'jin leaps behind him. Garrosh turns to see Vol'jin just as Vol'jin strikes him in the chest, but surprise, there's also an ice shard in his back, for when Garrosh turned his back on Jaina she also sent ice shards towards him. So both strike him in same time.
    To further this, Saurfang could cleave Garrosh as he turns to Vol'jin at the same time Varian heroic strikes him, four major characters dealing the finishing blow.

If Blizz wants to avoid faction rage, I can see three ways for the thing to go down:

1) Chen comes in, punches Garrosh's lights out and lectures us about ending the cycle of hatred or some shit like that.
    2) Garrosh is simultaneously impaled by Varian and Saurfang/some other Horde hero, stumbles away a bit, mutters about traitorous dogs and cowardly Alliance, then proceeds to fall down and die.
    3) Garrosh doesn't die. Redemption, imprisonment, banishment, joint execution, whatever, neither gets the killing blow.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    2) Garrosh is simultaneously impaled by Varian and Saurfang/some other Horde hero, stumbles away a bit, mutters about traitorous dogs and cowardly Alliance, then proceeds to fall down and die.
    "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Alliance deserves the kill, but for story sake, I think its going to be a Horde character. It'll probably be Vol'jin just to cement his leadership in the Horde. If it was an Alliance character, I think it would be Tyrande.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
    I had that thought too
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Saurfang will get the kill.

Deleted
    He HAS TO be taken down by Horde.

My argument?

Because Alliance killing him would only cause more agression from the Horde.

Bare it with me as I explain:

Throughout History, alliance was always known on stepping on Horde's toes, destruction of Dark Portal and defeat at Blackrock Mountain was the final blow that shatterd them and later put into camps.
    Than the big 3 came (Thrall, Hellscream and Orgrimm) and liberated their people, but Warchief Orgrimm Doomhammer dies at the liberation of Hammerfall, killed my some non-important human, reducing the morality of orcs even more.
    And now they're forced to hide in the forests from Humans of Lorderon, because they know they'll likely be killed on site, since they're known as the kind of monsters that prefer to go down fighting rather than taken prisoners.

So Thrall finally leads the Horde across the sea to Kalimdor, which remindes them much of their homeland.
    But Jaina, leading the survivours of Lorderon left for Kalimdor as well at the urge of Medhiv, and once again, orcs see it as if the Humans followed them to hunt them down.

Aftermath the Battle for Mount Hyjal, the Horde finally settles down in the wastes and starts building a city which they could call their home, but the zelous humans of Kul Tiras, lead by Jaina's father, want to eradicate them all, simply because of "ORCS ARE EVIL! THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE! THEY MUst DIE LIKE THE MONSTERS THEY ARE!" thinking, where as orcs just wanted to be left alone and have a place to call home on an alien world they were stranded on.

And than we get lots of crap which Varian caused before and during WotLK, like attacking Thrall during the Theramore Peace Summit, where Twilight Hammers made a tactical ambush made from Horde races, attacking Thrall during Battle for Undercity claiming "what would our world be without YOUR Horde", and than the Garrosh/Varian clash during Ulduar thing (tho who's really to blame, either Varian who started the provocation or Garrosh for being easly provoken).

Camp Taurajo however seemed to be the big nail to the coffin.

Either way, what I'm getting at is that everytime Horde (or orcs) try to mind their own buisness, the Alliance (or Humans specifically) have to ruin it for them, the whole race-war thing.
    Now don't get started on the whole "but horde did it 1st, they deserve to get it in return!".
    As Tharan Zhu explain, the reason why Allaince and Horde can never have peace is, because each time one tries to get revange on another, it is an act of agression in of itself, and than that same agression triggers the lust for revange in opposite faction; thus creating the endless cycle of revange.

Now here's the scenario:

Horde rebels and ALLIANCE assault Garrosh and his followers in HORDE capital city. That mite be acceptable to rebes of Horde, because they asked for their help, because they know that with power that Garrosh is amassing in Orgrimmar isn't something that one side can defeat on their own.

But the deciding point will go to, who will deal with Garrosh in the end (assuming he survives the whole thing, what with Heart of Old God being there)?

Both sides have every right to do him in, however if the Alliance decides to take him out, it will be seen as an act of agression. YES, Garrosh is a merciless tyrant and he deserves to die, but he's also an ORC and a war veteran of Northrend Campagin, so his execution at the hand of opposite faction will be like saying to them "WE KILLED HIM BECAUSE HE WAS AN ORC."
    I mean how would you feel if a foreign force would come into your territory and judge the leader of your people by THIER standards instead of your own?
    You probaly wouldn't be happy either.

So if anything, Garrosh MUST be dealt with at the hands of his own people. ONLY THAN will justice be met.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-04-18 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you recall, it was announced a long time ago, before Cata was even over, that we were finally going to get to kill numb-nuts. This was in response to all the Alliance bitching, and rightfully so, that the story had turned so Horde Centric. It was supposed to be the "bone" that got thrown to the Alliance for having to suffer through that abomination of a story called cata which focused so heavily around Green Jesus. Not to mention all the other shortfalls in Alliance gameplay and story, hello Twilight Highlands. (sorry we ran out of time. - I mean really... wtf...)

I had to suffer through that terrible quest-line of saving Thrall. All the while, not slitting the throat of his whiny ass bitch of a fuck-buddy who has for the entire history of the game been as anti-alliance as you can get.

Alliance players deserve the kill. Hell, we were PROMISED the kill. The Horde can watch a cut-screen of it from the view of a crashing Airship that's driven by an annoying and drunk goblin.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Alliance players deserve the kill. Hell, we were PROMISED the kill.
    What? Nobody at Blizzard even mentioned that Garrosh would die. In fact, they even hinted that he wouldn't die.

So please link me your proof.