Fundraising for Boston Victims

Hi guys, a few of you know me around here, anyway, I just wanted to say that I started this, because I feel the victims themselves deserve financial assistance directly to assist them in getting their lives back together.

--REMOVED--

Here is the reddit.

However, I'd love for people to assist me with verifying that this is legitimate and how to actually go about with this. Thank you as a community.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-16 at 02:06 PM.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Sorry but I do not trust you, I think I will wait for a registered charity.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Sorry but I do not trust you, I think I will wait for a registered charity.
    You must have missed the part where I said, I'll verify and allow other people to assist me 100%, then again, being around these MMO C forums for quite a bit, I'm well aware of your cynical attitude towards everything.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    You must have missed the part where I said, I'll verify and allow other people to assist me 100%, then again, being around these MMO C forums for quite a bit, I'm well aware of your cynical attitude towards everything.
    Rich actually tends to be very enlightened and practical, not cynical. It's also a known fact that forum rules aside (no fundraising), there is a dramatic spike in charity fraud after tragic events such as these.

Deleted
    What is your charities registration number?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Rich actually tends to be very enlightened and practical, not cynical. It's also a known fact that forum rules aside (no fundraising), there is a dramatic spike in charity fraud after tragic events such as these.
    Hmm, every time I've seen him, he comes across as a dick to me, but maybe that's to do with my inbuilt hate for those from Mother England, being an Australian, regardless, I don't know how people would want me to verify this, if there's any corporations that can help me out or something, someone who works for a bank and can process the payments directly to those who need it, but I can PM someone, either a mod, or iunno, youbro, with some kind of proof that I am who I say I am.

Yikes.

I'm with Rich. Waiting for organizations I'm familiar with to ask for donations.

Deleted
    Hmm, every time I've seen him, he comes across as a dick to me, but maybe that's to do with my inbuilt hate for those from Mother England, being an Australian, regardless, I don't know how people would want me to verify this, if there's any corporations that can help me out or something, someone who works for a bank and can process the payments directly to those who need it, but I can PM someone, either a mod, or iunno, youbro, with some kind of proof that I am who I say I am.
    Why not wait until a registered charity appears then fundraise for them? Much better than insulting an entire nation online.

So how exactly do you intend to disperse donations?

And you can start verification by posting your registration number, as Rich said.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm with Rich. Waiting for organizations I'm familiar with to ask for donations.
    My experience with organisations that ask for donations, is they use the money for assistance, but not for direct financial recompense to those actually suffering, I mean, if you wanna help instead of being cynical about it, I'll get in private message contact with you and you can verify yourself the authenticity needed.

Yikes.

Deleted
    My experience with organisations that ask for donations, is they use the money for assistance, but not for direct financial recompense to those actually suffering, I mean, if you wanna help instead of being cynical about it, I'll get in private message contact with you and you can verify yourself the authenticity needed.
    Get it registered legitimately then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So how exactly do you intend to disperse donations? And you can start verification by posting your registration number, as Rich said.
    "but I'm kinda new to a lot of things, and I'd love if some people could help me with how to get the funds distributed to those who need them"

Yikes.

I'll get in private message contact with you and you can verify yourself the authenticity needed.
    We'll just all be asking him to post it anyway...

Deleted
    ♫Where were you when boston bomb happened?♫

♫Ladder to heaven, nine eleven.♫

"but I'm kinda new to a lot of things, and I'd love if some people could help me with how to get the funds distributed to those who need them"
    Not exactly helping your case for "authenticity" when you're asking for donations without disbursement infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Get it registered legitimately then we can talk.
    How do I go about doing that? Since you know, I asked for help from people who know how to do said things, since I stated pretty plainly, that I personally do not know how to do said things.

Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately Rich is correct. We do not allow advertising here on MMOC, even for a good cause, unless it is directly connected to a current event and is a legitimate official charity, such as the Red Cross. I'm afraid I have to close this thread, but I wish you luck in raising money to help those affected by the terrorist attack in Boston.